Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Would love to see Mercury Rev back, not played since 2005. They've just announced an acoustic tour of Deserters Songs in April, playing Limerick, Galway & Dublin. Tickets got as smallish venues. Get buying!

I remember seeing them at Castlepalooza a (good) few years ago.. Wasn't all that familiar with their music .. they were amazing ... blew me away.. was not expecting that.

Not so sure about acoustic set though... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’m nervous about getting my hopes up for Depeche Mode. EP has made a fool of me and my hopes in the past couple of years. But they would be so perfect, and I cannot think of a more obvious headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My missus is due in mid June, and the baba will be around 10 weeks old, come picnic time.
    It'd be totally fine for me to fúck off down to the picnic for the weekend, right??

I am not too pushed on the headliners but I am hoping for some of:

TuneYards
    John Grant
    Gary Numan
    Battles
    Boards of Canada*
    Moby
    Grimes
    Young Fathers
    Massive Attack
    DBFC
    Bran Van 3000 (i'm totally dreaming here)

*/s

My missus is due in mid June, and the baba will be around 10 weeks old, come picnic time.
    It'd be totally fine for me to fúck off down to the picnic for the weekend, right??

maybe you should ask her rather than some festival hungry unreliables on the internet.

But yeah, I am sure that will be 100% fine with everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I went in 2016 when my son was 12 weeks old. Took a little negotiation, gig tickets for the mother & much bribery but all worked out well. Good luck.

maybe you should ask her rather than some festival hungry unreliables on the internet.

It was tongue in cheek. I've been given the green light, so to speak.
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I went in 2016 when my son was 12 weeks old. Took a little negotiation, gig tickets for the mother & much bribery but all worked out well. Good luck.

I live about 20 mins away from Stradbally (prob 40 mins at that weekend, getting in and out of the carpark etc).
    I might head over and back over the weekend, rather than take this píss altogether.

I dunno, i'll have to play it by ear i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What does Pablo know. Of course you've come to the right place to pose such a delicate question, Thundercat. Who would know better than us, right? Right? As a father of 3 myself, I can confidently confirm that both your unborn child and your missus would be distraught at you missing Depeche Modes first appearance in Stradbally. Whatever they might say to your face. Sleep easy. And then slip away in the dead of night on the Thursday. Leaving your phone on the pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Anyway, where are you going to have a better night's sleep? Hendrix campsite or at home with a newborn?
    Get your tent, son.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone driving from Clare hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Of course,she'll probably buy you the ticket.

It was tongue in cheek. I've been given the green light, so to speak.

I live about 20 mins away from Stradbally (prob 40 mins at that weekend, getting in and out of the carpark etc).
    I might head over and back over the weekend, rather than take this píss altogether.

I dunno, i'll have to play it by ear i suppose.

She'll probably nip over and collect you following a night feed. Be grand

declanleo wrote: »
    Of course,she'll probably buy you the ticket.

She actually did, a week after last years fest.

declanleo wrote: »
    She'll probably nip over and collect you following a night feed. Be grand

Sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah would have been sweet but it was a big big ask!! Really hope they play here at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pixies and Weezer co-headlining 7 dates in the States this Summer. That'd be a nice double to pull off. The old Depeche Mode/ Pixies/ Morrissey treble is still on, lads. An EP for the oul' lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

There is a perfectly logical explanation for this.

1. Ghostie is a liar
    2. This is gonna be one of those Phil Collins plays live aid in wembley and philly on the same day
    3. Time travel does exist

Any of those work for me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Pixies and Weezer co-headlining 7 dates in the States this Summer. That'd be a nice double to pull off. The old Depeche Mode/ Pixies/ Morrissey treble is still on, lads. An EP for the oul' lads.

Awh would love to see Weezer play at EP but doubt it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

So Bestival moved back 5 weeks by the looks of it, thats news to me, when was this decided they always followed the following weekend after the Picnic.
    October last year I seen it announced, date changes due to festival goers feedback, whatever that means ...lol

http://www.nme.com/news/music/bestival-announces-2018-dates-circus-theme-2154858

The new pod gig in Waterford us on the same weekend as indiependance could put them in bother if it's a good line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ticket master are introducing a new 'anti-tout' system where you must pre register your interest in each concert, I don't think its a photo registeration like Glasto. It becomes very unclear after that.... they say algorithms are used to determine if someone is a tout. I don't see how an algorithm no matter how advanced, can determine if the buyer actually attended or hasn't sold their tickets at a higher price?? Which is all that counts.

Just a theory but I'm thinking they can only look at things like age range and genre of artists! So if you're a 50 year old male that bought tickets for cradle of filth one week you could be declined the option of buying little mix the week after. Slightly worrying if true!! Particularly since my TM account has been used to buy genuine tickets across a wide range.

it's not that you must pre-register, it's giving the bands/artists the option of using the identification system to offer pre-sales to fans (in theory).
    I'd imagine it's a little more advanced than "if you've bought tickets to Cradle of Filth, you don't like Little Mix, so can't be a fan".
    I'd imagine it will identify accounts/people that have purchased multiple tickets for high demand concerts, eg. the max allowed for Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Adele, etc.

can't see it having any impact on EP tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sure they offer a touting system themselves.

It’s just the usual lip service to pretend they’re actually doing something.

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's pretty comical that the organisers don't take any action towards touting for EP. Nearly all of the big festivals now have some sort of ticket registration and match tickets to names on entry. Works well for every other festival so I don't know why it isn't in place for EP.

Because they don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I'm a huge Springsteen fan and have seen him here in Europe a lot. I knew I was going to be in New York for 1 weekend in December so did the whole registration thing on Ticketmaster verified for his solo shows on Broadway. I drew a blank on three different occassions.

It was an absolute farce. It seems the 'algorithim' checked your order history for that artist (i guess I would have been fine on European orders but not US ones) but it seems loads. Having said that loads of tickets were on Stubhub and the like within minutes of official sale.

You'll never stop people touting or touts where there is money to be made. I imagine this upcoming U2 tour will see the same bull****.

Bring back queuing for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Because they don’t care.

What problem would they be trying to solve?

EP always sells out - but only after a few weeks or months. Touting isn't a problem really.

What problem would they be trying to solve?

EP always sells out - but only after a few weeks or months. Touting isn't a problem really.
    Exactly. So why would they care?

for the last few years there have been loads of tickets floating around at face price, or less, in the weeks before EP too.

Kendrick in Europe in August, MCD gig here in a few weeks.
    St.Vincent around too

DUIfV6DX4AA5GNe.jpg:small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s not a huge problem but you do see lots of piss take adverts once it does sell out.

You do, but you'd have to be an idiot to buy them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement