Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kendrick Lamar is definitely one I can see playing at EP. Wouldn't be my first choice but he would probably be one of the most popular headliners in the last few years if he was booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Couldn't imagine Kendrick playing EP when he can sell out the 3 Arena in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Tesco Galway have single blow up beds for 6euro and doubles for 9. That’s disposable prices!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sziget just announced there first names
    26910300_10157208069483975_3565918149138264371_o.png?oh=da243d72fc70db568234f12471d6a1ff&oe=5AF9D7B5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We are going to get Mumford and sons arnt we

Sweet Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Sziget just announced there first names
    26910300_10157208069483975_3565918149138264371_o.png?oh=da243d72fc70db568234f12471d6a1ff&oe=5AF9D7B5

I wouldn't be getting excited about too much there. I'd have Everything Everything back alright. They were great last year. Myself and the kids still like to belt out a bit of No Reptiles in the car from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Patti Smith would be welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Lykke Li would be the one I'd most like of those. Wolf Alice too (missed them last time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Nice to see Shame on that list.

Wouldn't mind seeing them.

Songs of Praise is definitely worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Gogol Bordello please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gogol Bordello please

Sweaty

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »
    Sweaty

oooh indeedy...

They're missing a trick in the ordering of the names up there
    bordello
    little dragon
    blossoms
    milky chance
    cigarettes after sex
    shame...

durty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    I can see Kendrick and Mumford & Sons headlining no bother. EP written all over them.

A few good acts on that bill. Liam Gallagher would probably be fairly high up the bill if they got him.

(size note, would 100% recommend Sziget as a festival to go to, 7 days in Budapest goes down very well!)

Liam wont be at EP since he is already doing Belfast and Dublin in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

That would be a nightmare trio headline for me. I know Kendrick Lamar is famous but I couldnt name one of his songs. Rap/RnB not really my thing. In saying that, the radio is on all day in work, maybe I do know a song or two.

Mumford and Sons.

VOMIT

Kygo

Blah

I like Nothing but Thieves although following scandal I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The groan from on here when Bumfords confirmed heard as far away as Antarctica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

This is the first year that I'm potentially going to sell my ticket if the lineup isn't up to scratch. If PODs new festival has a better one, I'll head there

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Here we go again with the old EP deflation. I was nurturing secret hopes for Depeche Mode, Pixies, maybe Massive Attack... and we’re actually going to get Kendrick Lamar and Mumford. It can be hard to pick yourself up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Kendrik is playing in Feb, Mumford did Longitude last year so hopefully not.

Can see Bastille being there though with their new album out this year

Parov Stellar would be great

Seasick Steve, always enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd take Little Dragon & La Femme too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

kg703 wrote: »

Well that's Britney out.

Am I wrong in thinking that Britney isn't suited to EP or has it really changed that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jaysus lads, pull yourselves together. Can we wait for an actual announcement before committing collective hari-kari?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It’s scary is all...

It’ll be a great weekend regardless and the lineup certainly won’t stop me going. It’d just be nice to have an act to be thrilled with. But it’s all very subjective as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kendrick & Mumford would do absolutely nothing for me.

The headliners rarely do though, all about the mid tier.

Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking that Britney isn't suited to EP or has it really changed that much?

There’s always a poppy name there, Katy perry seems a bit more mad this weather and might be better suited but Britney would be fine if balanced by the rest of the line up

Effects wrote: »

I was joking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The festival risks losing this equity with their PR/announcement schedule. They'll spend tonnes of cashmoney in a couple months buttering up the goons at a couple wellknown blogsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

At the risk of reigniting last year's Radiohead rumours :eek:, Thom Yorke is playing this year's Sonar Festival.

It would be great to see him added to EP's lineup this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I would love Kendrick Lamar to play, I'm not sure EP could afford him though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Interesting news.

Mumford & Sons are an exculsive european festival performer for Sziget. Never seen them but know it'd upset many here if they were to headline EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement