Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I'd say John Grant is a very strong possibility

I would say pretty much 100%... long over due a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BlueDot announced too:

27067037_1928660347161856_1030170446358324976_n.jpg?oh=00c7c00cf7a50aa327f444bcb8a80310&oe=5AE56A1B

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Public Service Broadcasting on a lot of these posters, they were a big highlight of last year for me would love to have them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

maximoose wrote: »
    Public Service Broadcasting on a lot of these posters, they were a big highlight of last year for me would love to have them back.

They were brilliant last night in the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep they were!

First gig I've been at in the Academy in years, the sound was surprisingly great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Receipt says not to contact unless tickets not received within 7 days of the event but that seems a long time to wait.....so just wondering if anyone who opted for post has got their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Green Man festival announced, not far off the EP dates.

26991616_1815061011849183_7796435950286507369_n.jpg?oh=b65e29dacdda0e95669ad1f8d1190676&oe=5ADAF637

Traditionally very little crossover between the festivals despite the proximity. Green Man always has great stuff and it'd be nice to get a few from this year. BEAK> please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Receipt says not to contact unless tickets not received within 7 days of the event but that seems a long time to wait.....so just wondering if anyone who opted for post has got their tickets yet?

Not got mine yet - wouldnt worry too much, they'll be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So Tangerine Dream playing Dekmantel festival, classic old school German prog rock would fit nicely at EP, anyone see Faust when they played in 2008 EP I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So Tangerine Dream playing Dekmantel festival, classic old school German prog rock would fit nicely at EP, anyone see Faust when they played in 2008 EP I think.

Ah yes, that would be superb. Missed Faust in 2008, unsure who they clashed with but pals went and loved them. They'd a guy set up with an easel & palette painting them from front of stage. All kinda suitably mad, noisy & Germanic. A bad one to miss I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

opted for tickets to be posted. I have not received them either. I am not worried about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tangerine Dream would be very nice, as would Gary Numan from the Bluedot lineup. Saw him at Body & Soul a few years ago and enjoyed it. Still incredibly hard to predict who will be appearing in Stradbally in September.. According to efestivals it sounds like a lot of festivals are going to announce Arctic Monkeys on Monday - would they be welcomed back to EP? I wouldn't be a huge fan but wouldn't hate them either.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ah yes, that would be superb. Missed Faust in 2008, unsure who they clashed with but pals went and loved them. They'd a guy set up with an easel & palette painting them from front of stage. All kinda suitably mad, noisy & Germanic. A bad one to miss I think.

I've a feeling they may have clashed with Grinderman on the Sunday, I watched the full Grinderman set which was phenomenal. I can't find a stage split for the 2008 gigs online but judging by the Hot Press review from Sunday Faust was reviewed before Grinderman. Also they could've have clashed with Michael Franti and Spearhead.

I've a feeling they may have clashed with Grinderman on the Sunday, I watched the full Grinderman set which was phenomenal. I can't find a stage split for the 2008 gigs online but judging by the Hot Press review from Sunday Faust was reviewed before Grinderman. Also they could've have clashed with Michael Franti and Spearhead.

That makes sense. I was at Grinderman before the Valentines in the EA, the latter amongst my all time top gigs. And Nick Cave side stage looking gobsmacked during You Made Me Realise. Be delighted to see MBV back. Fair chance too if the album comes out this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Has anyone made the obligatory "Daft Punk are definitely playing" post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Has anyone made the obligatory "Daft Punk are definitely playing" post yet?
    They are listed on the first night of the fake poster a few pages back, supported by Westlife, but apart from that, no serious speculation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Amazing what Stranger Things has done for the careers of some of these bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I would like Peter hook and the light. He's doing that rewind festival as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

declanleo wrote: »
    I would like Peter hook and the light. He's doing that rewind festival as well

Saw them a couple of months back, first half was all new order, good but the Joy Division part of the gig was excellent. His LWTUA was better than New Orders version at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Richard Ashcroft playing a few gigs with Liam,does that rule him out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I wouldn't say so, it's a supporting gig,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Finally got round to Peaky Blinders this week. Great stuff. Polly Jean sounding fantastic in one of the episodes. I'd love to see her in September.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My predictions for this year

N.E.R.D
    Kasabian
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Kendrick Lamar
    Wolf Alice
    Chrvches
    Bastille or Imagine Dragons
    Foals (if they are doing festivals this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Manics should be in for a shout, new album, stadium tour in uk on the way, were excellent 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My predictions for this year

N.E.R.D
    Kasabian
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Kendrick Lamar
    Wolf Alice
    Chrvches
    Bastille or Imagine Dragons
    Foals (if they are doing festivals this year)

I second that!!

NERD surely have to be there in my view! I think they'd be a reasonable cost and aren't big enough to do a big standalone outdoor gig? So for them choice for them would be a 3 arena gig or a nice festival headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mr.S wrote: »
    Exact same here.

Have gone every year in some form (punter, with work etc) and it’s all very average these days. Still worth going to as the lineup still draws me in some form and it’s an easy weekend. Used to have hoardes of people going and now your lucky to find a handful! I doubt I’d still go if it wasn’t paid for.

Change of scenery this year I think, festivals abroad are just as easy to get to. (if not easier then the trek to Stradbally!)

Im at the point where its a two man crew!! Woman stays at home! Once upon a time it was a group of 15 odd but that was messy as ****!!

I have to say the x2 person group is super efficient, we're on the same wavelength so very little compromises, no messing around looking for people, waiting on people outside toilets etc. Etc.

Every year I say to myself i'm not buying a ticket but it never works!! For me I think it would be extremely difficult to not go! Can you imagine heading into work on Friday morning listening to the radio, everything EP related!! The hype everywhere over the weekend!! Part of me WOULD DIE !!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Im at the point where its a two man crew!! Woman stays at home! Once upon a time it was a group of 15 odd but that was messy as ****!!

I have to say the x2 person group is super efficient, we're on the same wavelength so very little compromises, no messing around looking for people, waiting on people outside toilets etc. Etc.

Every year I say to myself i'm not buying a ticket but it never works!! For me I think it would be extremely difficult to not go! Can you imagine heading into work on Friday morning listening to the radio, everything EP related!! The hype everywhere over the weekend!! Part of me WOULD DIE !!!

I know exactly what you mean, when I missed out on the 2006 EP, I was watching it on the telly with my sister and her husband in Cork, was welling up, it felt strange not being part of it. I never made it to the 2004 one either but that doesn't really count as it was only a one day event, there was no camping.

I know exactly what you mean, when I missed out on the 2006 EP, I was watching it on the telly with my sister and her husband in Cork, was welling up, it felt strange not being part of it. I never made it to the 2004 one either but that doesn't really count as it was only a one day event, there was no camping.

2006 not a bad one to miss BD, not many musical highlights I didn't think. Antony & the Johnsons, Blue Nile, the Rapture & Pet Shop Boys (finishing the weekend in the Electric Arena) all great. But a lot of disappointing performances from Gary Numan, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey (solo) & DJ Shadow (a stop-start set if ever there was one).

Had myself a ball though. Can't imagine ever missing an EP. If I'd no option then I'd be spending that weekend under a duvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Primavera Sound line up has been released - What crossovers do you think we might get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

kg703 wrote: »
    Primavera Sound line up has been released - What crossovers do you think we might get?

Hopefully Arctic Monkeys, EP reserves the right to announce its acts. FOr other EU festivals bands will announce themselves, but it works differently here for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement