Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Number from the below would suffice:

War on Drugs
    Chrvches
    Mount Kembie
    Marcel Dettmann
    Mano Le Tough
    The National
    Tyler, the Creator
    Migos
    Charlotte Gainsbourg
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Thundercat
    The Black Madonna
    Arctic Monkeys
    Lorde
    A$AP Rocky
    Jon Hopkins
    John Talabot

You'd have to presume TWOD and the National are off the table given their big festival slots in Ireland this summer. TWOD at Forbidden Fruit and the National's two dates at Donnybrook Stadium.

Not aware if any of the others have already announced gigs but is there usually a big crossover with Primavera? I wouldn't have thought so given that they are at the opposite ends of the summer so for some touring bands, scheduling just wouldn't work.

I know the xx did both last year but you've got some acts like Father John Misty and Car Seat Headrest who did EP last year and are back for Primavera this year. Would almost read it that way - who on the EP 2018 bill will return next summer for PS!

That said, given the big names that we can definitely rule out for EP based on other appearances here, people like Lorde, Bjork and Arctic Monkeys would surely be among the most likely headline acts now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Would be very happy with Bjork & Arctic Monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Garbage are playing a few gigs in London in mid September performing the full album "Version 2.0" which was released 20 years ago :eek::eek::eek:. God i feel old......:p:p, they would definitely be a great addition to the festival......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

I know the xx did both last year but you've got some acts like Father John Misty and Car Seat Headrest who did EP last year and are back for Primavera this year. Would almost read it that way - who on the EP 2018 bill will return next summer for PS!

That said, given the big names that we can definitely rule out for EP based on other appearances here, people like Lorde, Bjork and Arctic Monkeys would surely be among the most likely headline acts now?
    Would be extremely happy with Bjork back again, and Car Seat Headrest were outstanding last year. Would be great to see them again - although aren't they in The Olympia this May?

I think King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are overdue a slot at EP, although they are in the Olympia next month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guinness1986

Snow Patrol are releasing another album in May and are playing festivals. Most likely they'll be at EP this year?:ermm:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Snow Patrol are releasing another album in May and are playing festivals. Most likely they'll be at EP this year?:ermm:

I'd expect to see them at the Belfast Vital gig too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I'll put together a bit of a prediction:

Arctic Monkeys
    Fever Ray
    Mogwai
    Fleet foxes
    Chvrches
    Skepta
    Young Fathers
    First aid kit
    Kelela
    Brockhampton

I have a feeling one of Mumfords or Jack White might be one of the headliners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s possible, Longitude is probably harder for MCD to sell out so AM on the bill would help. Ep is nearly guaranteed to sell out regardless

I just say that because they are doing TRNSMT festival which is the same sized capacity as Longitude.

I see NERD are doing Parklife so it say that will rule them out of EP since i cant see them doing doing 2 trips over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

DUzvxkYWAAA1g8x.jpg:large

Wonder will we get any from that or is it too early in the summer? I would take Chrvches, Jon Hopkins, Sampha & Sigrid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Beck, Manic Street Preachers & Public Service Broadcasting announced for The Biggest Weekend in Belfast in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Great to see friendly fires are back touring. They'd be a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Not necessarily. If I recall correctly a tribe called quest did the euro festivals then came back after American dates to do EP and bestival

I just say that because they are doing TRNSMT festival which is the same sized capacity as Longitude.

I see NERD are doing Parklife so it say that will rule them out of EP since i cant see them doing doing 2 trips over

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

neddynono wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If I recall correctly a tribe called quest did the euro festivals then came back after American dates to do EP and bestival

Oh didnt know that , Ignore me so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

End of the Road's lineup is out tomorrow, so will post the poster if I see it, usually on the same weekend as the Picnic, it should be interesting to see what they get.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Lionel richie doing a UK tour in the summer could he be a contender for the Sunday night??

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

You'd have to presume TWOD and the National are off the table given their big festival slots in Ireland this summer. TWOD at Forbidden Fruit and the National's two dates at Donnybrook Stadium.

Not aware if any of the others have already announced gigs but is there usually a big crossover with Primavera? I wouldn't have thought so given that they are at the opposite ends of the summer so for some touring bands, scheduling just wouldn't work.

Wasn't aware TWOD & the National were playing elsewhere :o

Would Lorde be main stage headline material over here? (I'm a fan - just wondering)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Lionel richie doing a UK tour in the summer could he be a contender for the Sunday night??

Hopefully

In the point

The same night

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

In the point

The point?? That's gone as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Wasn't aware TWOD & the National were playing elsewhere :o

Would Lorde be main stage headline material over here? (I'm a fan - just wondering)

If she wasn't, there'd have to be a seriously strong line up I'd say. She's among the 4/5 biggest acts at most of the festivals she has been announced for elsewhere internationally so would expect the same really. You could see her being one of about 4 or 5 headliners with, say, Arctic Monkeys, Depeche Mode, Bjork, Liam Gallagher, Tame Impala, etc.

And, not that it matters, I can't understand the appeal myself but she has a big audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Great lineup for End of the Road fest.

http://endoftheroadfestival.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

End of the Road 2018

News-Story.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks great.

I'll have one Vampire Weekend and one Shame please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Feist please.

another festival towards the end of summer:

27067723_10156967314637506_2897398168276557190_n.jpg?oh=5d42f6cb6d2d22d600db859296fb8d32&oe=5B269D39

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

End of the Road 2018

News-Story.jpg
    I'm not sure if the EP organisers read this forum but please please please book the Oh Sees (St Vincent and Julien Baker too)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

DUzvxkYWAAA1g8x.jpg:large

Wonder will we get any from that or is it too early in the summer? I would take Chrvches, Jon Hopkins, Sampha & Sigrid..

Helluva lineup. Love the mid tier acts they’ve nabbed.

Give me that for EP and I’d be over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Would love tama impala, black Madonna, bicep and Sigrid

Biceps playing forbidden fruit but I’m still hopefull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Give me Dave, J Hus, Bugzy Malone and Jamie xx solo and I'm buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I'd love J Brekky and Snail Mail from that lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Tickets arrived this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Didn't realise Jeff Tweedy was hitting the festival circuit. I'd love to see him in one of the smaller tents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement