Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bestival announcing their lineup tomorrow evening.. We usually share a few acts with them, although they are moving to the August bank holiday weekend this year!

Maybe the might share with POD's new festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe the might share with POD's new festival?

They already are, both have Jimmy Cliff in their schedule Saturday 4th at Bestival and 5th in Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They already are, both have Jimmy Cliff in their schedule Saturday 4th at Bestival and 5th in Ireland.

Ah, that doesn't augur well for EP. No problem for this year as acts already committed but Reynolds & Rob Da Bank already have a relationship from the early days of EP/Bestival and that could mean a fair few years of future co-operation. The combined pulling power of the two fests & early August date will cause problems for EP in 2019/2020. EP need a very decent lineup this year to ensure good early sales for next year.

POD's fest could be better than I expected. Wish I could afford to go to both.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ah, that doesn't augur well for EP. No problem for this year as acts already committed but Reynolds & Rob Da Bank already have a relationship from the early days of EP/Bestival and that could mean a fair few years of future co-operation. The combined pulling power of the two fests & early August date will cause problems for EP in 2019/2020. EP need a very decent lineup this year to ensure good early sales for next year.

POD's fest could be better than I expected. Wish I could afford to go to both.

I wouldn't worry too much apparently All Together Now is about same capacity as Body & Soul festival so they do have potential to grab some decent acts but at 10,000 - 15,000 capacity, Bestival is away bigger. Jimmy Cliff at the most would be a late afternoon early evening act, he started at 7.15 PM on Friday at 2011 EP on the main stage, I just hope Forbidden Fruit doesn't get Fever Ray like Aphex Twin last year.

I wouldn't worry too much apparently All Together Now is about same capacity as Body & Soul festival so they do have potential to grab some decent acts but at 10,000 - 15,000 capacity, Bestival is away bigger. Jimmy Cliff at the most would be a late afternoon early evening act, he started at 7.15 PM on Friday at 2011 EP on the main stage, I just hope Forbidden Fruit doesn't get Fever Ray like Aphex Twin last year.

If they can expand in the next few years then they can seriously challenge EP. Better time of the Summer for touring artists, double-booking with Bestival saves cash & POD have got a few prominent artists as future headliners. I wish them well, room for both I think.

And Fever Ray playing Field Day on 1/2 June so unfortunately very likely to play FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I don't think an act of Fever Ray's quality is going to be added to FF now. Much more likely to headline body and soul if she's doing an early summer tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

haven't received my tix yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Link ???? I can't see any announcement from POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Link ???? I can't see any announcement from POD.

Curraghmore listed on his personal site:

https://www.jimmycliff.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

optogirl wrote: »
    haven't received my tix yet.....

I got mine last week.......and have to sell them cause ive a wedding!!!!!!!!!!
    Must actually put an ad up now and see if anyone is interested

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tame Impala confirmed as a UK festival exclusive for Citadel festival in July

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh please God - let it happen ;)

Makes them near-certs for Longitude. Flaming Lips & Ghostpoet at Kaleidescope in London the week after so also likely. Larmer Tree back in mid-July also and has First Aid Kit, Jake Bugg, Seamus Fogarty & Tune-Yards. EP has probably lost out on all of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Hi All, a ticket question if I may.
    I just now discovered that I missed the 2nd installment of the ticket charge early December. I've been trying ticketmaster all morning to see if i can pay it now but cant get through to sales or customer service.

Does anyone know the process when this happens. Do I lose the tickets and get a refund of the 1st installment, or do they try to charge it again.

Any help would be great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭joejoew

Hi All, a ticket question if I may.
    I just now discovered that I missed the 2nd installment of the ticket charge early December. I've been trying ticketmaster all morning to see if i can pay it now but cant get through to sales or customer service.

Does anyone know the process when this happens. Do I lose the tickets and get a refund of the 1st installment, or do they try to charge it again.

Any help would be great :-)

I had a similar issue as I had received a new CC with different expiry date etc. I noticed the installment hadn't gone through about a week later and when I got through to them they took the new card details but there was a €9 admin fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

everlast75 wrote: »
    Oh please God - let it happen ;)

Are they still bloody touring on Currents?

Must be due a new album soon

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Fever Ray playing Body and Soul..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

What month does the line-up usually get announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

MaxManis wrote: »
    What month does the line-up usually get announced?

Think first announcement was March last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It was the 23rd of March last year so we could be waiting quite a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

MattD wrote: »
    I don't think an act of Fever Ray's quality is going to be added to FF now. Much more likely to headline body and soul if she's doing an early summer tour.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/Fever-Ray-to-curate-first-day-of-BodySoul-2018/21734786.html

Should I use my Future Sight powers for good or evil!?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Fever Ray playing Body and Soul..

AH FFS . Raging at this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

https://twitter.com/Bestival/status/960936318741172224

Bestival lineup announced, very poor IMO, that festival has been gradually getting worse every year. A lot of those acts have played at EP over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd like first aid kit, Grace Jones was crackin a few years back but yeah, a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

That is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Y Not Festival just announced..
    Catfish & the Bottlemen, Libertines and Jamiroqoui headling.

Manics, Seasick Steve, Shame, Kaiser Chiefs in there too.

Plenty of EP material there

Edit: and the Buzzcocks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are there any festivals that historically featured the same acts as the EP on the same year?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are there any festivals that historically featured the same acts as the EP on the same year?

Bestival used to share a few in the early years. End of the Road shares a few these days. There was a Scottish festival about ten years ago that shared a lot of acts but it only lasted a year or two. Can't remember the name .

But no huge current crossover with any festival that I'm aware of.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bestival used to share a few in the early years. End of the Road shares a few these days. There was a Scottish festival about ten years ago that shared a lot of acts but it only lasted a year or two. Can't remember the name .

But no huge current crossover with any festival that I'm aware of.

Connect and Hydro-Connect festival 2007 and 2008. Lowlands in the Netherlands, look at their lineups and you'll see some of the same acts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Flow festival in Finland and Oya festival in Norway are a few weeks before EP and usually share a couple of acts with them.. Very hard to tell though EP doesn't seem to copy any festival in particular. Usually there is a headliner who is doing a big festival tour that's everyone seems to book (The XX, LCD, Blur, Outkast).. You'd have to think this year it's one of Kendrick or Arctic Monkeys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement