Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's a good few names on that Bestival lineup id be happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Basement Jaxx DJ set gets a high billing? A DJ set??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wonder what our chances of muse are, two summer euro fests so far and bugger all else

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A new festival in Galway called Fever Pitch same weekend as Forbidden Fruit, I suppose this rules out some of these for EP too.

27459882_178067309472392_4196385792680731771_n.jpg?oh=a7a8e75b73743459cb33ea0edfcaa561&oe=5B219524

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Prodigy have announced a festival exclusive with Victoriois festival the week before EP so that’s them gone, but Paul Weller is also playing so hopefully he can hop over to see us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Poorside wrote: »
    Prodigy have announced a festival exclusive with Victoriois festival the week before EP so that’s them gone, but Paul Weller is also playing so hopefully he can hop over to see us.

They are playing loads of Festivals? That is a UK exclusive...
    http://theprodigy.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

A new festival in Galway called Fever Pitch same weekend as Forbidden Fruit, I suppose this rules out some of these for EP too.

27459882_178067309472392_4196385792680731771_n.jpg?oh=a7a8e75b73743459cb33ea0edfcaa561&oe=5B219524

Praise the lord

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could imagine them and The Libertines at EP, and a few more from that lineup

DVW_fT0X0AAeNLF.jpg:small

The Libertines are headlining Y Not festival in July, with Jamiroquai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Libertines would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Longitude announcement rumoured to be Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Some nice ones on that line up, Gomez (thought they'd split!), Embrace, Friendly Fires , Gaz Coombes, His Modship and King William the Red would be lovely

Having gone to 12 picnics it still gets to me how they wait until late March for their announcement when everyone else is announcing theirs. Yes I know it's still 6 months away but the wondering does my box in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

declanleo wrote: »
    Having gone to 12 picnics it still gets to me how they wait until late March for their announcement when everyone else is announcing theirs. Yes I know it's still 6 months away but the wondering does my box in

What cheeses me off is the amount of cashmoney spent so a load of nomark bloggers can get pished at some ghastly “event” and hear the announcement first. Just publish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just skimmed the article, makes them even more likely so.

There's a few here I'd quiet like to see

Just realised I'm away when the national are playing...as if missing liam Gallagher wasn't bad enough

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could def see Catfish and The Bottlemen at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fingers crossed for the Clone Roses to kick off our annual tribute band stand off for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They'll probably be headliners at this rate, nobody else left!

I think we'll get one big fish, probably Kendrick or Arctic Monkeys and it will sell out on that basis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fingers crossed for the Clone Roses to kick off our annual tribute band stand off for 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MadYaker wrote: »

I think we'll get one big fish, probably Kendrick or Arctic Monkeys and it will sell out on that basis

Ha cant see them headline but id say they will get a high enough spot on the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Hopefully.. I enjoyed there set a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Festival in Croatia taking place same w/end as EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Festival in Croatia taking place same w/end as EP.

Some of that looks amazing, would be great to get Kraftwerk again though it would be hard to top that 2005 set.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Some of that looks amazing, would be great to get Kraftwerk again though it would be hard to top that 2005 set.

Playing the Marquee in July (of a Wednesday night :rolleyes:). Didn't rule Noel Gallagher out a few years back or am I mistaken?

Be very surprised if Hopkins didn't re-surface :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »

it sold out last year without anyone announced, and will probably be the same again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Playing the Marquee in July (of a Wednesday night :rolleyes:). Didn't rule Noel Gallagher out a few years back or am I mistaken?

Be very surprised if Hopkins didn't re-surface :)

Noel certainly did play both. Plenty have over the years, actually.

But, Peter Aiken confirmed that Kraftwerk in Cork is the only Irish show they'll play this year, sadly.

And for almost €100 on a Wednesday night (:eek:), it's a no from me...

He also confirmed that Jack Johnson's LATM show is an exclusive so no fear of him showing up at EP. In case anyone was worried. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Still waiting on the rest of festival no. 6 announcement. Grace Jones, noel g, bellle and Sebastian , rag n bone man, all of these have done both over the last couple of years, although that festival is on the following weekend to ep this year not the same one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Heads of a certain age might be interested in the news that James are headlining Party at the Palace in Glasgow 11th August. If they are annouced for the Picnic I will most certainly see you down the front in one of my 16 daisy t-shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

has everyone received their tix already? I realise it's circa 7 months away but really want them safely tucked away and don't want to spend days daydreaming about my children picking them up and flushing them down the loo, using them as art material, eating them.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement