Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I've just noticed Belly on that list. I'm presuming that's just another rap act I've never heard of rather than Tanya Donnelly and friends?

There were two Rhiannas too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Few side-eyes from Tanya for her agent were she booked on that line up. Thankfully thats not her.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The The announced for Festival No. 6, i'd have them as odds on to play EP.

They are doing the iveagh gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

My 9 year old son is going wild over that longitude lineup. Says it all

*obviously he’s not attending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Was hoping Sampha would be at EP, pity bout that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

LowOdour wrote: »
    Was hoping Sampha would be at EP, pity bout that.

For sure, and Anderson Paak.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think the Longitude line up is pretty decent for what it is and will probably sell well, its unlikely but maybe Tyler the Creator will end up playing both festivals (since he's still barred from the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

everlast75 wrote: »
    There were two Rhiannas too...

Would the plural of Rhianna be Rhianni ?

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

DylanB85 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better I’m 22 and I’ve heard of very few of them...

Thank you... that is a small comfort to me

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Well seeing as I don't know any of those at longitude that surely frees up a few i do like for stradbally now please god :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

That's a strange stange Longitude line up.........., its like they let a really **** wannabe DJ pick the acts or went through a 15 year olds Spotify history ;) with Solange in the middle WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Fatfrog wrote: »
    That's a strange stange Longitude line up.........., its like they let a really **** wannabe DJ pick the acts or went through a 15 year olds Spotify history ;) with Solange in the middle WTF!!

Bar the real heavy-hitters it's a who's who of contemporary hip hop which has been the coming genre, quality & innovation wise, for a number of years in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Bar the real heavy-hitters it's a who's who of contemporary hip hop which has been the coming genre, quality & innovation wise, for a number of years in my eyes.

Yer granda thinks the Feile 94 line up is a waste of time too lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Don't want to come across as a troll but who exactly are the heavy hitters in that line up?

declanleo wrote: »
    Don't want to come across as a troll but who exactly are the heavy hitters in that line up?

My meaning was you take the heavy hitters out of the equation then the Longitude acts would be next along the rung (and not in a heritage sense like most other genres). Surprised there is no Chance actually.

The almost exclusively hip hop line up leaves the likes of Tame Impala free for Stradbally (added bonus).

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

J Cole has become a massive hip hop act based nearly entirely on word of mouth (which has become a bit of a running joke among his fans) and Travis Scott last album was a massive seller (although probably more so in America) while Migos, Post Malone, Khalid, Big Shaq and Cardi B have had some of the biggest hits of last year (no idea if they're any good live though). Joey Bada$$ and Giggs have both drawn massive crowds at EP in recent years and The Internet, Anderson Paak, Tyler the Creator, Solange, Ibeyi, J Hus and Sampha have all released critically acclaimed albums and would've been great bookings for EP this year personally (although J Hus played last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    J Cole has become a massive hip hop act based nearly entirely on word of mouth (which has become a bit of a running joke among his fans) and Travis Scott last album was a massive seller (although probably more so in America) while Migos, Post Malone, Khalid, Big Shaq and Cardi B have had some of the biggest hits of last year (no idea if they're any good live though). Joey Bada$$ and Giggs have both drawn massive crow9ds at EP in recent years and The Internet, Anderson Paak, Tyler the Creator, Solange, Ibeyi, J Hus and Sampha have all released critically acclaimed albums and would've been great bookings for EP this year personally (although J Hus played last year).

My point being,I think they are all relatively unknown . I know joey badass and solange and have heard of a few others but would any of them even sell out the point? It's a poor line up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

My point being,I think they are all relatively unknown . I know joey badass and solange and have heard of a few others but would any of them even sell out the point? It's a poor line up imo.

J Cole sold out the 3 arena in October. Travis Scott would do the same. They're both headlining festivals in Europe and the US this summer. They are far from unknown. If you follow modern hip-hop/rap/r'n'b you'd probably know the majority of the names already announced. If not, you're probably not the target market......

For what it is it's a strong lineup and it will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Wooderson wrote: »
    Yer granda thinks the Feile 94 line up is a waste of time too lads.

You know, my Da did actually ask who the hell those Porridgy, Cypress Hill, Rage against the Machine, Soundcrowd & House of Pain showers were bitd!!

Fair play to Longitude. There are plenty of other places to get a fix of Kodalines, Mumset & sons & Picture this etc.
    Not a massive fan of the mumbly safe space hip hop stuff nowadays but I'm outside their target demo now and sure the kids are alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

On the down side, we may have to have a rethink on the whole teenager-kicking project.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm confident there will still be plenty of teenagers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Teenager Kicking Tent? Anyone..? Anyone..? Bueller..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm confident there will still be plenty of teenagers.

Just need the one really, just st tie it down and have a raffle to determine kicking order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Just need the one really, just st tie it down and have a raffle to determine kicking order

That's some baitin that poor crature's gonna get

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Latitude lineup pretty uninspiring. A few I'd take from it though - Mogwai, Nadine Shah, Breeders, Sleeper, Jon Hopkins. And for those James fans there's likely an Irish visit ahead, EP or the POD festival.
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/180212a.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Latitude lineup pretty uninspiring. A few I'd take from it though - Mogwai, Nadine Shah, Breeders, Sleeper, Jon Hopkins. And for those James fans there's likely an Irish visit ahead, EP or the POD festival.
    James would be very nice. Never did get to see them, 'in the day'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Surely time for John Hopkins again.

Migos co-headliners on the Friday of a fairly stellar Primavera ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Oooh, that line up has the Alvvays back too, they had a lovely little set at EP a few years back and seemed genuinely delighted that people knew the words to marry me Archie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oooh, that line up has the Alvvays back too, they had a lovely little set at EP a few years back and seemed genuinely delighted that people knew the words to marry me Archie.

What a tune - and what a honey the lead singer was too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement