Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ride and Gaz Coombes playing festival no.6, fingers crossed.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Electric Fields festival in Scotland seems to be getting bigger headliners this year.

DV7_PZuW0AAcX34.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The Electric Fields festival in Scotland seems to be getting bigger headliners this year.

DV7_PZuW0AAcX34.jpg

And some great acts on the undercard. About time we had Teenage Fanclub & The Coral in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Leftfield will be playing the picnic so

declanleo wrote: »
    Leftfield will be playing the picnic so

Hopefully. But as of last month they'd not been signed up for it according to one of their musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

After seeing Franz Ferdinand in Galway i would happily have them back

I'll second this. They were super on Saturday Night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And some great acts on the undercard. About time we had Teenage Fanclub & The Coral in Stradbally.

Very strong lineup there at the top. Said it earlier in the thread but I think NG is nailed on as a headliner for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

thebusher wrote: »
    Very strong lineup there at the top. Said it earlier in the thread but I think NG is nailed on as a headliner for us.

Think he was there in 2016,

Too quick a turnaround. More likely for this Alltogethernow fest imo or as support for the Gorrilaz when they're here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Think he was there in 2016,

Too quick a turnaround. More likely for this Alltogethernow fest imo or as support for the Gorrilaz when they're here.

Mis-read that as "maybe support at Altoghernowfest with Gorillaz" and I got very excited for a minute. :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Noel G would be a #sadtrombone announcement for the Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

NG would never be 'support' for Gorillaz. NG would sell out Malahide by themselves, and probably faster than Gorillaz.

MattD wrote: »
    NG would never be 'support' for Gorillaz. NG would sell out Malahide by themselves, and probably faster than Gorillaz.

He has supported before and is scheduled to do so again this year.

dmm82 wrote: »
    I'll second this. They were super on Saturday Night! :)

New FF stuff sound good live? I'd written them off but hearing good things lately.

New FF stuff sound good live? I'd written them off but hearing good things lately.

Yeh i really enjoyed their new stuff, had given the new album a listen to a few times before i went so i was familiar with it. It didn't have the same buzz as the stuff off their first few albums but sure that's to be expected. They have a great energy and Alex is feckin deadly :)

Kendrick confirmed for Glezgah on the 29th Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wooderson wrote: »

Just saw that, has to make him likely for picnic now.. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So himself and his road crew will be taking the Stranraer to Larne ferry and driving up the country possibly for a Saturday or Sunday slot at EP. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Wooderson wrote: »

Eminem did the same gig last year and didn't play but it does look quite promising.

I'm gonna call it.

Fall out boy/Panic at the Disco/Sum 41 for a gig in Belfast Vital

Kings of Leon for Belfast Vital/Glasgow summer sessions.

Really think Kendrick will only be Glasgow, Reading/Leeds.

I just don't see him headlining a rival fest owned by Live Nation. Especially since they're predicting not as good sales due to the Reading/Leeds Lineup.

Queens/Kendrick/Mode and or Lorde would tick most boxes.

Prodigy also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Leftfield announced a gig in Scotland Thur 30th just before the picnic. Surely a shoe in for a late night slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

So himself and his road crew will be taking the Stranraer to Larne ferry and driving up the country possibly for a Saturday or Sunday slot at EP. :)
    The imagery in my mind.....!
    All the lads & the lassies from the crew, with the main man, catching some fresh air on deck, then some fine dining!
    :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeh i really enjoyed their new stuff, had given the new album a listen to a few times before i went so i was familiar with it. It didn't have the same buzz as the stuff off their first few albums but sure that's to be expected. They have a great energy and Alex is feckin deadly :)
    Yea the new stuff sounded great live , only knew Always Ascending but the rest of the album sounds promising. Will give it a proper listen over the next while
    I'm gonna call it.

I just don't see him headlining a rival fest owned by Live Nation. Especially since they're predicting not as good sales due to the Reading/Leeds Lineup.

No way would that sell 30,000 tickets

Yea the new stuff sounded great live , only knew Always Ascending but the rest of the album sounds promising. Will give it a proper listen over the next while

No way would that sell 30,000 tickets

Saw way too many emo kids at Muse last year.

This is the line up that they're pushing for reading and leeds. There is a market... somewhere.. full of bright coloured haired kids in black clothes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

quite tough to call this year but with alot of top acts touring in late august hopefully they get it right... arctic monkeys, leftfield, kendrick lemar, the libertines, the kaiser chiefs, kings of leon, the prodigy, franz ferdinand, the killers all knocking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

tonto123 wrote: »
    quite tough to call this year but with alot of top acts touring in late august hopefully they get it right... arctic monkeys, leftfield, kendrick lemar, the libertines, the kaiser chiefs, kings of leon, the prodigy, franz ferdinand, the killers all knocking about...

I know that'd be a very popular decision with some people, but that'd be my idea of absolute hell for a festival line-up.

Surely we'll get Vampire Weekend seeing as they're playing in the UK the same weekend. Here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Surely we'll get Vampire Weekend seeing as they're playing in the UK the same weekend. Here's hoping :)

Quite likely i'd say, be surprised if St. Vincent isn't on the lineup too. Big enough for the main stage at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

I know that'd be a very popular decision with some people, but that'd be my idea of absolute hell for a festival line-up.

yes your not wrong, i was just saying these are the bands knocking around the uk in late august that they may pick as headliners, no problem with the libertines or prodigy however both were great last time i caught them in dublin..

• Advertisement

I'm gonna call it.

Surely the Live Nation/Festival Republic connection works in EP's favour. Surprisingly we don't get a great many shared acts with Reading/Leeds but a fair chance we'll have Kendrick this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement