Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I imagine it'll look somewhat similar to Bestival which is on the same weekend.

and will prob share its theatre, dance and arts side as well.

http://be-16-assets.bestival.net.global.prod.fastly.net/files/022018/5a7dd9cf7cac249757000217/col_10/B18_-_Line-up_Laucnh_Announce_-_Social.png?1518197665

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Have to say I would love to see Grace Jones, Chakka Kahn, East 17's xmas party and So solid crew. Though it wouldn't get a ticket sale out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Much of their demographic will already have shelled out for EP, B&S, Beatyard, FF or the standalone gigs at Donnybrook, Malahide, etc. Bottomless pockets we don't have and I think they've left it pretty late to ask people to buy. Next year will be more organised unless they have a disaster in August. I also don't see an impressive lineup on the way given what EP & others will have snapped up and the limited funds they'll likely have due to their capacity. Happy to be proved wrong though as I'd like Reynolds to do well given what he's done for EP.

Yeah same, I'm interested alright but not a chance Im going unless there is something on the line up to tempt me. Somebody on boards keeps mentioning groove armada and the chems. We will see though.

You were right when you said the market is saturated as many cater to the roughly the same music genres as well. Longitude probably did the right thing by taking a complete swing to one side (Sure its a sell out I think) and catering to the rap/youth crowd.

I know Jimmy Cliff is playing and its family friendly so I can't imagine its going to be what I would like - a good ol dedicated rock festival :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There are going to be 6 Trinity gigs again this year, that'll probably be another 6 acts ruled out of EP.

Unless you saboteur the grounds that the festival is been held in, or somehow get the council to stop the festival that would free six acts to play at EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It's gonna be Arctic monkeys. Pleeeeeease let it be Arctic monkeys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Much of their demographic will already have shelled out for EP, B&S, Beatyard, FF or the standalone gigs at Donnybrook, Malahide, etc. Bottomless pockets we don't have and I think they've left it pretty late to ask people to buy.

Also important to note that it is the same weekend as castlepalooza and beatyard, both of which have a more electronic vibe this year. So not only are they competing money wise but they are also competing for the same weekend.

Potentially they are aiming at the Waterford/Wexford/Cork crowd but it's still a fair risk to take!

That said, it does sound interesting and if it was on any other weekend during July, August or September (other than the EP weekend, obviously) I'd probably go.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Much of their demographic will already have shelled out for EP, B&S, Beatyard, FF or the standalone gigs at Donnybrook, Malahide, etc. Bottomless pockets we don't have and I think they've left it pretty late to ask people to buy. Next year will be more organised unless they have a disaster in August. I also don't see an impressive lineup on the way given what EP & others will have snapped up and the limited funds they'll likely have due to their capacity. Happy to be proved wrong though as I'd like Reynolds to do well given what he's done for EP.

It's not like Pod are starting from scratch. FF metrofest the past few years has been very successful. Plans for altogether now have been going since last summer. Like everyone,I'm intrigued by a possible line up that could feature leftfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

New festival from POD definitely sounds interesting, a lot on that weekend competing with Castlepalooza, Indiependence and Beatyard but as the above poster said POD aren't fools they must have something up their sleeves especially if they are charging €150 for early bird tickets. Wonder what it will mean for EP in terms of who else we can rule out.

I'm guessing Catfish & The Bottlemen, George Ezra and maybe Noel Gallagher or Flaming Lips for some of the Trinity College gigs. All seem to be in England/France at that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

declanleo wrote: »
    It's not like Pod are starting from scratch. FF metrofest the past few years has been very successful. Plans for altogether now have been going since last summer. Like everyone,I'm intrigued by a possible line up that could feature leftfield

Absolutely spot on with those points. But I'm puzzled by their mid-Feb release of tickets. If planning since last Summer then why announce so late? I'm keen but I've already shelled out for EP, Caribou, The The & LCD and that's my fill. Had I been aware of ATN before their announcement on 12 Jan then I may have held off on other stuff. Now I can't afford it and I expect others are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

New festival from POD definitely sounds interesting, a lot on that weekend competing with Castlepalooza, Indiependence and Beatyard but as the above poster said POD aren't fools they must have something up their sleeves especially if they are charging €150 for early bird tickets. Wonder what it will mean for EP in terms of who else we can rule out.

I'm guessing Catfish & The Bottlemen, George Ezra and maybe Noel Gallagher or Flaming Lips for some of the Trinity College gigs. All seem to be in England/France at that time of year.

Jimmy Cliff already announced for Altogether Now (his own site). Rob Da Bank & Reynolds are buddies from early EP days and thus there are likely other acts from Bestival so expect some from Grace Jones, MIA, Chaka Khan, First Aid Kit, Idles, London Grammar, etc. Enough to sell 10,000 tickets I reckon but not good enough for me. Hoping for better next year and then I can choose between the two. Personally I'd feel more loyalty to Reynolds for setting up EP than Benn/FR/Live Nation for continuing to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

ATN is happening less than 10 minutes from my place so really hoping for a strong line up.

Be great to sleep in me own bed and have a fry in the mornings :-)

Not a word being said down this way on it. Big lay out at 150 quid so must be a big draw headliner.

Enough to sell 10,000 tickets I reckon but not good enough for me. Hoping for better next year and then I can choose between the two. Personally I'd feel more loyalty to Reynolds for setting up EP than Benn/FR/Live Nation for continuing to run it.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Prefer that weekend to Ep's as I've kids going to school

thebusher wrote: »
    ATN is happening less than 10 minutes from my place so really hoping for a strong line up.

Be great to sleep in me own bed and have a fry in the mornings :-)

Not a word being said down this way on it. Big lay out at 150 quid so must be a big draw headliner.

JAMMY BASTARD

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Was at jake bugg last nite in Whelans.. not everyone's cup if tea, but the gig was brilliant I'd like to see him turn up at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imagine if Electric Picnic was next weekend. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Imagine if Electric Picnic was next weekend. :)

We’d all be fecking freezing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    We’d all be fecking freezing!!!!!

So fcuk all difference to last years Friday and Saturday then!

All together now announcing their line up in the coming days

Was at jake bugg last nite in Whelans.. not everyone's cup if tea, but the gig was brilliant I'd like to see him turn up at EP

He's playing indiependence

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

declanleo wrote:
    He's playing indiependence

Didn't no that.. does that essentially rule him out of EP then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Does anyone know what date the tickets are going back on sale? All I've seen online is 'March', rather than a specific date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Does anyone know what date the tickets are going back on sale? All I've seen online is 'March', rather than a specific date!
    It was at least mid March last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No one will know until the official announcement.

23rd March last year

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

No one will know until the official announcement.

23rd March last year
    We'll have to have an announcement of the announcement first, as outlined before...:)

Didn't no that.. does that essentially rule him out of EP then

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some outdoor gigs in Sheffield in September, probably Arctic Monkeys.

3AC0DA48-297E-4247-ABBF-5DD12FCABBD5.jpeg.5bc530de6a3267ea4841ce6ba6514370.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

David Guetta headlining a festival in Liverpool the same weekend.

Happy Monday morning everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

lc180 wrote: »
    David Guetta headlining a festival in Liverpool the same weekend.

Happy Monday morning everyone

I swear to fcuk if he’s announced....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

All Together Now first line up

Rule out the above so...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement