Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Rfrip wrote: »
    I swear to fcuk if he’s announced....

giphy.gif

What's the problem?

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Meh - nothing to make me fork out 150 quid on top of my EP ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Would have liked New power generation, Prince's backing band.

They have a great setlist for their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's a very decent lineup. Not enough for me to buy an early bird but if the Picnic lineup is poor I'd certainly consider selling my ticket and going to this instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

fleet foxes and first aid kit, i'd like to have seen at EP, seen a lot of the others in recent years, it could have a distinct advantage in the weather being warmer though (if not drier)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

My wife will be sick that the New Power Generation are there rather than in Stradbally. She's a huge Prince fan. They'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Would love to have seen black Madonna at ep
    Everything else I’ve either seen before or wouldn’t really have me forking out to go to two festivals in the month

Hope it’s a success for them, would definable consider it next year if all reports are good. If it’s a scorcher of a wkend I know il be cursing it when it comes around but sure you can’t go to everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

In fairness that is a decent enough line up. But equally, other than Mogwai, there is no one that i am sad to see not playing EP. It'll be a good weekend and if EP was crap i would consider selling up and switching but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fleet foxes and first aid kit, i'd like to have seen at EP, seen a lot of the others in recent years, it could have a distinct advantage in the weather being warmer though (if not drier)

and the bank holiday weekend, so most people will only need the friday off work (or even only a half day for many).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Jamie xx is playing a festival in Marrakech the same weekend, not sure if that would make him more or less likely to have a slot at EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Jamie xx is playing a festival in Marrakech the same weekend, not sure if that would make him more or less likely to have a slot at EP

Doubtful as they were all there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

any word on if there will be pink moon camping at ATN?

i know it sounds crazy but can we discuss All Together Now on its own thread?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057829424

don't mean to get all nanny-state but i guess that's why different threads exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Anyone heading on the Thursday this year?
    We went last year, saves us getting up at 6am to get a decent parking spot (travelling from Co Antrim).
    Wasn't much to do last year, highlight was the bizzare sight of low-lying fog across the empty Warhol/Hendrix campsites. Thought we heard some music and headed towards it, but it turned out to be the fella in The Big Wheel payhut at the fairground blasting out some happy hardcore tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

rubick wrote: »
    We went last year, saves us getting up at 6am to get a decent parking spot (travelling from Co Antrim).
    Wasn't much to do last year, highlight was the bizzare sight of low-lying fog across the empty Warhol/Hendrix campsites. Thought we heard some music and headed towards it, but it turned out to be the fella in The Big Wheel payhut at the fairground blasting out some happy hardcore tape.

I’m at the age where I couldn’t comprehend going down an extra night before especially with nothing going on. I need that Thursday night sleep and Friday morning shower to set me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

We went on the Thursday last year and will be doing the same this year. Was great getting there minus the traffic and queues and having the whole of friday to relax. Plus an extra night of drinking in a field, great craic. There was a good buzz at the Salty Dog on the Thursday night, a nice little crowd there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I think last year was the smoothest ever for me in terms of not much traffic when got the bus at 2pm, no queue into EP itself and amazingly no queues at Pink Moon (usually there for about an hour at least to get sorted) so defo will stick with heading on Friday afternoon. obviously
    having the spot already reserved in pink moon Is a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I think that ATN lineup is very strong for a first announcement of a first time festival. That could have been mistaken an EP announcement. Lots to be said for the earlier date and bank holiday. Esp for those of us with kids going back to school.

And relax, I’m only discussing it in comparison with EP, so still relevant to this thread.

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I think that ATN lineup is very strong for a first announcement of a first time festival. That could have been mistaken an EP announcement. Lots to be said for the earlier date and bank holiday. Esp for those of us with kids going back to school.

And relax, I’m only discussing it in comparison with EP, so still relevant to this thread.

I think it will attract many of the veteran EP people*, many of whom on this thread appear to be a bit disillusioned about the general direction that EP has gone, since POD left.

*I am in this category and I am currently more excited about ATN than EP. That might change come the end of March when we have a first announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think it will attract many of the veteran EP people*, many of whom on this thread appear to be a bit disillusioned about the general direction that EP has gone, since POD left.

*I am in this category and I am currently more excited about ATN than EP. That might change come the end of March when we have a first announcement.

1PkTP9.gif

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    1PkTP9.gif

What did Festival Republic ever do for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What did Festival Republic ever do for us?

the aquaduct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Decent enough lineup but nothing overly attractive.

I have a wedding in Clare the night before EP. Should be an interesting morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Underworld would have been great at EP. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

patch wrote: »
    Underworld would have been great at EP. Ah well.

I've seen them three different times, all at EPs so i can't complain.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

28058891_2051410828217389_4908587813765765054_n.jpg?oh=816458ae7d1b089d6d79e0941a37ce71&oe=5B15FB64

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Decent enough first announcement for ATN & now likely to do well enough to return in 2019. For that I’m happy but I’ve got to say there’s precious little there that I’ll miss at EP. Mogwai, Ghostpoet, Saul Williams, First Aid Kit & Nils Frahm would be great In Stradbally but after this & the Longitude acts I feel more confident about a good first EP announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

28058891_2051410828217389_4908587813765765054_n.jpg?oh=816458ae7d1b089d6d79e0941a37ce71&oe=5B15FB64

Please no! Lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yup. Wanna have a chilled out first day, get a good camping spot, see the comedy gigs, try the food stalls, maybe have a pint in stradbally. All for just an extra 25. Granted, its another night in a field, but still!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

I know this is the EP thread but I've just seen the Event licence application for All Together Now on twitter that was lodged with Waterford Council. There is an area on the plan called "Arcadia". If this is the same people that used be at EP but haven't been for the last number of years than its a huge coup. Sorely missed at EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement