Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

.....and truthfully, we don't really go for the beer. Could go down the local microbrewery, if wanted that.
    Though I take a drink, I don't drink at EP, as a) I'm 'old' (48!) & get drunk too quickly b) am on me own! & c) don't want it to ruin the gig! Drink lots of coffee & water! Exciting, me.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mgkelly wrote: »
    .....and truthfully, we don't really go for the beer. Could go down the local microbrewery, if wanted that.
    Though I take a drink, I don't drink at EP, as a) I'm 'old' (48!) & get drunk too quickly b) am on me own! & c) don't want it to ruin the gig! Drink lots of coffee & water! Exciting, me.....!

This year I'm not gonna get totally pissed on Friday and struggle to find the exit from body & soul. Definitely this year it's gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This year I'm not gonna get totally pissed on Friday and struggle to find the exit from body & soul. Definitely this year it's gonna happen.

I honestly don't know how you can miss that, the big redly lit Poulnabrone Dolmen type structure (Made of wood though) is one of the entrances/exits to B&S Village. :)

20170831_214557.jpg?w=525

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I honestly don't know how you can miss that, the big redly lit Poulnabrone Dolmen type structure (Made of wood though) is one of the entrances/exits to B&S Village. :)

20170831_214557.jpg?w=525

Yeah I know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

mgkelly wrote: »

LOL!! Priceless. That is exactly what would happen to me!! Wandering in a stupor for hours! I'm too old for that, man! It was fun when younger, but...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Drank so much desperados last year.

Uuughhh can still taste it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This is a safe space. We'll have no judgement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I’m judging, judging real hard right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I’m judging, judging real hard right now

judging, not tugging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

judging, not tugging

Someone somewhere is doing both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

But I need to know the reasons Radiohead didn’t play 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wasn't there supposedly a story there?

Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    Someone somewhere is doing both

whilst facing a mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Rfrip wrote: »
    Does electric picnic actually care anymore?!!

No they don’t and why should they. EP sells out before people see the line up. Poor line up getting worse year on year, increased capacity year on year, increase commercial stages year on year. It’s dead in the water. It’s got another 5 years . Nothing last forever and everything has cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Whats happening in 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MadYaker wrote: »
    Whats happening in 5 years?

It completely becomes Oxegen. Body and Soul becomes Electric Picnic. Drop Everything becomes Body and Soul.

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Wasn't there supposedly a story there?

who knows, i expect the thread will soon fill with mentions of they who shall not be named as they've announced a small US tour mid summer and are then free to not play the picnic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Radiohead have announced summer tour dates for the US.

https://www.wasteheadquarters.com/schedule

Just sayin'.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Effects wrote: »
    It completely becomes Oxegen. Body and Soul becomes Electric Picnic. Drop Everything becomes Body and Soul.

Or All Together Now becomes EP as it seems.......

I'm feeling confident EP will pull it out of the bag here. With so many other, cheaper festivals going on, and on sale before them....maybe there will be less rush for tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Morrissey great last night. Johnny has done the Picnic. I feel it only right and proper that Moz should get his time in the Stradbally sun. How Soon is Now as the Sun sets on an evening slot on the Main Stage on the Saturday anyone? Or 'Irish Blood..' in front of a beered up Electric Arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Morrissey great last night. Johnny has done the Picnic. I feel it only right and proper that Moz should get his time in the Stradbally sun. How Soon is Now as the Sun sets on an evening slot on the Main Stage on the Saturday anyone? Or 'Irish Blood..' in front of a beered up Electric Arena?

To be honest, i'd prefer to have Johnny back before Mozzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Does Morrissey do festivals? I know he's very specific with his venue demands re: the sale of meat, etc. Would imagine that could be an issue for him at a festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just bought ATN tickets too. Gonna sell whichever has the poorer lineup

At the moment I am thinking I will go to both ... :)

So far we have tickets for B&S, ATN & EP. I think three festivals is enough for an old codger like me. Was hoping to do a smaller one but the ATN line up was just too tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

So far we have tickets for B&S, ATN & EP. I think three festivals is enough for an old codger like me. Was hoping to do a smaller one but the ATN line up was just too tempting.

Festivals are so addictive. We are going to Vantastival, ATN, EP and Beatherder in the UK. Aswell as The Killers/ Franz Ferdinand , LCD, Roger Waters and Gorillaz. That is most definitely my limit now apart from Fuinneamh if it gets announced again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wow. That's some Summer.

dmm82 wrote: »
    Festivals are so addictive. We are going to Vantastival, ATN, EP and Beatherder in the UK. Aswell as The Killers/ Franz Ferdinand , LCD, Roger Waters and Gorillaz. That is most definitely my limit now apart from Fuinneamh if it gets announced again.

Holy Sh1t ... hope you find time to take a shower at some point.

Holy Sh1t ... hope you find time to take a shower at some point.

No chance! I won"t be able to afford to heat the water for the summer because of all these plans :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

i don't wish to gloat but:

Apr - Arcade Fire, Mercury Rev and Yo la Tengo
    June BH Mon - Forbidden Fruit, War on Drugs etc
    Tues - LCD
    Weds - Nick Cave
    July 6 - Eels Iveagh Gardens
    July 7 - The Cure etc (plus Slowdive!) in Hyde Park
    July 28th - Caribou in Galway
    Aug BH - Alltogethernow
    Sept - EP

Looking at it now its both glorious and frightening at the same time!!!

• Advertisement

Ooh i forgot i have Arcade Fire too :D and Nathaniel Rateliffe and the night sweats.
    Tis going to be a fun filled few months :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement