Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I’m gonna call it. Florence, The Chem Bros and Noel Gallagher . Has to be !!!

NG and the Chems were only two years ago on the main stage

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Having caught kendrick on the brits tonight I'd give that self indulgent .... a miss

Gotta have sommat for de kiddies though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe we'll get Britney Spears. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Maybe we'll get Britney Spears. :pac:

playing the point two weeks before so that's a no.

(she's supposed to be dire live anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I'm thinking the headliners will be Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I would love nothing more than Depeche Mode, but their last tour date is Berlin late July. Berlin being their huge fan base favourite city. Seems like a fitting end to almost two years of touring this new album. I think Dave will be hanging up his leather waistcoat at the end of July. I’d love to be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

lc180 wrote: »
    Lolapalooza Berlin line-up announced.

https://www.lollapaloozade.com/lineup/lineup-poster/

It's not great is it?
    They must have spent all the money on Kraftwerk.
    It seems all the Festival Republic announcements so far this year have been underwhelming for people Reading/Leeds, Latitude (although this some defenders), Lollapalloza and Wireless. I'm hoping for the best but it maybe doesn't bode well for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

I'd say she will turn up as well but wouldn't think she is big enough to headline.. Maybe play late in the Electric Arena one night!

Festival wise for me this summer it's looking like: All Points East (London), Forbidden Fruit, Body & Soul, All Together Now and Electric Picnic. Bit of a gap in July if anyone had any suggestions :D

For July definitely get to KnockanStockan!

Have Gorrillaz, Haim and Body & Soul in June, Knockanstockan in July followed by Castlepalooza the week after, and then EP..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

NG and the Chems were only two years ago on the main stage

Chemical Bros are a guarantee at this stage I reckon, they have recently announced a European tour with no Irish dates announced and none of their dates clash with EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Chemical Bros are a guarantee at this stage I reckon, they have recently announced a European tour with no Irish dates announced and none of their dates clash with EP.

Hope so - they were class on Friday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Even though they only played two years ago, u could be correct , who knows... A bit like arctic monkeys you would think are highly likely with no Irish date added... But you just don't know what they will come up with... I followed this thread last year and the only real guess that was correct from all the posters was the xx... No one mentioned Pete thing, a tribe called quest or Duran Duran all through the thread last year

They always put on a super show in fairness

tonto123 wrote: »
    Even though they only played two years ago, u could be correct , who knows... A bit like arctic monkeys you would think are highly likely with no Irish date added... But you just don't know what they will come up with... I followed this thread last year and the only real guess that was correct from all the posters was the xx... No one mentioned Pete thing, a tribe called quest or Duran Duran all through the thread last year

Chemical brothers played 2 years apart before at EP, around 8 years ago I think.
    Also their last 5 or 6 gigs in Ireland have been at EP, so yep it's gonna happen IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Festival wise for me this summer it's looking like: All Points East (London), Forbidden Fruit, Body & Soul, All Together Now and Electric Picnic. Bit of a gap in July if anyone had any suggestions :D

It's August (and the weekend after All Together Now) - but I thoroughly recommend Stendhal festival in Limavady. Fantastic little small festival.

Primvera, Stendhal and EP for me this year.

Chemical brothers played 2 years apart before at EP, around 8 years ago I think.
    Also their last 5 or 6 gigs in Ireland have been at EP, so yep it's gonna happen IMHO

And longitude 2015 I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

tonto123 wrote: »

Pete Tong got a few pre-announcement mentions last year and ATCQ got loads as they were already down for Bestival. The latter weren't a great surprise but their slot was. But you're right about Duran Duran, not expected at all.

And the posters here seemed to have successfully narrowed down the major acts for this year. I reckon the headliners will all come from those predictions unless someone like the Strokes surprise us and get on the road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maximoose wrote: »
    It's August (and the weekend after All Together Now) - but I thoroughly recommend Stendhal festival in Limavady. Fantastic little small festival.

There is also Sunflower Festival in the North of Ireland too happening in 27th - 29th July 2018

Lineup from last year.

SFF17_SM_Square-300x300.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gorillaz and Del la Soul playing Malahide Castle so I’d say that’s them ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some additions to R&L:

Newly added to the Friday at Reading and the Saturday at Leeds are (alphabetically): Bad Sounds, Elderbrook, Fickle Friends, I The Mighty, KDA, Kolsch, La Dispute, Shadow Child, SWMRS, The Front Bottoms, The Horrors, The Kooks, The Night Cafe, The Regrettes, Travis Scott, and Trophy Eyes.

At Reading on Saturday and Leeds on Sunday are (alphabetically): Alan Walker, Danny Howard, Deaf Havana, Eli Brown, Fred V and Grafix, HMLTD, Kate Nash, Lisa Mercedez, Pendulum, Sea Girls, Sonny Fodera, and T Q D.

And at Reading on the Sunday and Leeds on the Friday are (alphabetically): Billy Talent, Charlie Sloth, Don Broco, Krept & Konan, Lewis Capaldi, Milk Teeth, NF, Scarlxrd, Shame, Slaves, Stray From The Path, The Glorious Sons, The Vaccines, Welshly Arms, and Wilkinson.

RL-2018_2nd-Ann_web-poster_Line-Up_approved-23.2.18-900x1274.jpg.b205366efac951cc564b65498487b0bb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I'd be very happy with Pendulum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think we’ll get one of Kendrick and AM after that who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

maximoose wrote: »
    It's August (and the weekend after All Together Now) - but I thoroughly recommend Stendhal festival in Limavady.  Fantastic little small festival.

There is also Sunflower Festival in the North of Ireland too happening in 27th - 29th July 2018

Lineup from last year.

SFF17_SM_Square-300x300.jpg
    Great wee festival, very chilled, not a cop in sight.

Snarky Snark Snark

No one thinking we could get muse?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Would there be any chance of stormzy I wonder??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Would there be any chance of stormzy I wonder??

I was just thinking the same thing today. Would it be that leftfield as a headliner?
    Hope not I'd rather Kendrick Lamar now way both would be top billing.
    My guess is Arctic Monkey Depeche Mode Lorde

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Gorillaz and Del la Soul playing Malahide Castle so I’d say that’s them ruled out.

Great detective work there Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Has any act played a big stand alone gig earlier in the summer (Marlay Park, Malahide, kinda thing) and played the picnic? Or even a gig in the point the same year and played.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

No one thinking we could get muse?
    Stirring things, again?! This is nearly as hardy a perennial as 'they who shall not be mentioned', & in the past, Prince & Bowie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

haitens wrote: »
    Has any act played a big stand alone gig earlier in the summer (Marlay Park, Malahide, kinda thing) and played the picnic? Or even a gig in the point the same year and played.

Yea Florence played 3arena few days after headlong ep.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Yea Florence played 3arena few days after headlong ep.

And elbow had their gigs in Olympia and cork last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement