Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

haitens wrote: »
    Has any act played a big stand alone gig earlier in the summer (Marlay Park, Malahide, kinda thing) and played the picnic? Or even a gig in the point the same year and played.
    loads have played in the point/3arena and then played EP later in the year.
    can't think of any recently that have played a big outdoor gig and then played EP though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

loads have played in the point/3arena and then played EP later in the year.
    can't think of any recently that have played a big outdoor gig and then played EP though.

Didnt Noel G play both EP and the Marquee the same year?

Just watching Other Voices now and Sigrid is on and i have to say id be happy for her to be at EP ,She has a great voice and would suit

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Does anyone think there's any hope of us getting Sasha and Digweed for EP? That would be delightful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Wooderson

King Gizz would be ace at the Pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Kendrick is a guarantee at this stage.

Depeche mode finish touring 6 weeks before Ep so not gonna happen.

Arctic are a strong possibility but they like kendrick do absolutely nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Kendrick is a guarantee at this stage.

Depeche mode finish touring 6 weeks before Ep so not gonna happen.

Arctic are a strong possibility but they like kendrick do absolutely nothing for me.

Dunno if he’s a guarantee could still be announced at that vital festival in Belfast which usually has one r two of the reading/Leeds fest headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Ok so any act that played big indoor gigs are a chance but any (big) act playing longitude ATN or any other fest are out? So does that make Kraftwerk a chance headliner despite playing Cork like Elbow last year?
    Sorry just read that back "big act at longitude" crack myself up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

I know they played in 2016 but I think the Chemical Brothers must be one of the headliners. They're playing loads of festivals across Europe over the summer and no gigs lined up here this year

LG1234 wrote: »
    I know they played in 2016 but I think the Chemical Brothers must be one of the headliners. They're playing loads of festivals across Europe over the summer and no gigs lined up here this year

I think they do Metropolis

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I was just thinking the same thing today. Would it be that leftfield as a headliner?
    Hope not I'd rather Kendrick Lamar now way both would be top billing.
    My guess is Arctic Monkey Depeche Mode Lorde

Leftfield doing a dj set at sea sessions I think it is. Dj set at some festival so won't be them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

declanleo wrote: »
    Leftfield doing a dj set at sea sessions I think it is. Dj set at some festival so won't be them

Pil playing the tivoli in august. Shame

declanleo wrote: »

I meant would Stormzy be a leftfield headliner

Paul Weller? Just played a few nights in the Olympia. I didn't go myself but heard it was great
    Few Jam tunes, few Style Council ones his solo hits and some of his new stuff. Dunno about headliner but would love to see him at the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Looking at Electric Fields the same weekend as EP I'd say Noel Gallagher is a cert for Saturday night.

He's doing festivals as a headliner in the summer and that weekend his actual date at Electric Fields is TBC. Id say they will just thrash out what night there and here.

Surely fits the bill budget wise and the step up from sub headliner 2 years ago seems natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

thebusher wrote: »
    Looking at Electric Fields the same weekend as EP I'd say Noel Gallagher is a cert for Saturday night.

He's doing festivals as a headliner in the summer and that weekend his actual date at Electric Fields is TBC. Id say they will just thrash out what night there and here.

Surely fits the bill budget wise and the step up from sub headliner 2 years ago seems natural.

Maybe it's just me but I think this would be a very unimaginative booking.

Looks like i will be selling my ticket :( Think its gonna be my brothers stag that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well, that's just utterly inconsiderate of him, why is he not doing it at picnic?

Paul Weller? Just played a few nights in the Olympia. I didn't go myself but heard it was great
    Few Jam tunes, few Style Council ones his solo hits and some of his new stuff. Dunno about headliner but would love to see him at the picnic

He was great. Best I've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So, looks like the Stones are ruled out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wooderson wrote: »

He was great. Best I've seen him.

Setlist excellent. And I've heard great reports. Ideal closer for EA or sub-headliner on main.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Brockhampton ruled out now as well sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Florence and the Machine getting a lot of radio play
    It wouldnt suprise me to see her there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭rubick

dmm82 wrote: »
    Does anyone think there's any hope of us getting Sasha and Digweed for EP? That would be delightful :D
    They are in Belfast 18th August, at Custom House Square (meaning it's city centre and has to finish at 11pm).

Get them into the woods, f'buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭rubick

dmm82 wrote: »
    They are in Belfast 18th August, at Custom House Square (meaning it's city centre and has to finish at 11pm).
    Get them into the woods, f'buck.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Florence and the Machine getting a lot of radio play
    It wouldnt suprise me to see her there

Along with Kasabian and Snow Patrol. Gawd love us.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Have they announced when the announcement will be yet? It's nearly march!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I think A-Ha will show up. Not as a headliner but somewhere on the bill. They are paying festivals and were announced for marquee but no Dublin show. Most bands that play marquee have Dublin/other shows… Wouldn’t suit the “kids” but for someone of my age would be fun to see.
    Also really really hoping, seen as FF isn’t a festival republic gig that The War on Drugs might get announced……

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Wooderson wrote: »
    Along with Kasabian and Snow Patrol. Gawd love us.

I'd love to see Flo and SP on the Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think it'll be Kendrick Lamar, Kasabian and maybe Vampire Weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Jesus Kasabian are awful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement