Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’ll be really annoyed if Noel Gallagher is trotted out. I didn’t enjoy him two years ago, and I don’t want to see him ever again, unless it’s as part of Oasis thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jesus Kasabian are awful

Kasabian's first album is a classic. They've since released some very good songs but none of their albums matched their first imo. Great band though and excellent live.

But I wouldn't want them at EP for some reason. No idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I for one can't wait to see photos of EP's launch with assorted blerts from Irish blogs drinking shampoo and laughing. Gonna be super.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I’ll be really annoyed if Noel Gallagher is trotted out. I didn’t enjoy him two years ago, and I don’t want to see him ever again, unless it’s as part of Oasis thank you very much

saw Oasis on the tour for the 2nd album, seen him solo twice. Think I’d prefer just him tbh.

Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    I for one can't wait to see photos of EP's launch with assorted blerts from Irish blogs drinking shampoo and laughing. Gonna be super.

The snark is strong with this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The snark is strong with this one

And unmerited. Launch party seems harmless enough. Never been, never seen photos of it & not going to seek them out. Probably fun to be there so good luck to those who are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

saw Oasis on the tour for the 2nd album, seen him solo twice. Think I’d prefer just him tbh.

you think Noel Gallagher's high Flying birds are better live than Oasis in 1996??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The launch party is great for us loyal paying punters. We get to hear about whos playing last. Its just ACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The launch party is great for us loyal paying punters. We get to hear about whos playing last. Its just ACE.

Isn't the online announcement before the launch party?

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    you think Noel Gallagher's high Flying birds are better live than Oasis in 1996??

Yes. Yes I do. Wider range of stuff to pull from and not fronted by a hoarse simian ballbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Yes. Yes I do. Wider range of stuff to pull from and not fronted by a hoarse simian ballbag
    To each their own. For me, they are nothing without each other. Unlikely we’ll ever see them together again

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be sure that there'll be some sort of reconciliation at some point, just depends on the form of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'd be sure that there'll be some sort of reconciliation at some point, just depends on the form of it.

I don't think you'll have to worry about seeing that at EP anyway somehow!

Snarky Snark Snark

I don't think you'll have to worry about seeing that at EP anyway somehow!

Hell no. I’d imagine the conversation with promoters would be

PROMOTER : how much money for both of you to play?
    GALLAGHERS : all of it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hey guys, does anyone know when weekend camping tickets are on sale again and are they likely to sell out fast?

Snarky Snark Snark

huneybunny wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know when weekend camping tickets are on sale again and are they likely to sell out fast?

1. Usually tickets go back on sale around the main announcement
    2. who knows, they sold almost immediately last year but with the extra festivals this year, it might be a little slower but i wouldn't put money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Not sure when exactly but it will be just before/after the lineup is announced which can vary from early March to late march, and yes it will sell out within minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

1. Usually tickets go back on sale around the main announcement
    2. who knows, they sold almost immediately last year but with the extra festivals this year, it might be a little slower but i wouldn't put money on it.

Thanks scruff monkey, when is the main announcement going to be?

Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks scruff monkey, when is the main announcement going to be?

We don't know but would expect it at some point in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

All of the talk of Kasabian and Noel Gallagher scares me! For some reason Kasabian are an act I really never took a liking to and Noel Gallagher only played two years ago. Was thinking on the drive home today of the amount of potential EP acts that have been taken up by other festivals/gigs in Ireland this summer...

In an alternative universe this would be my EP 2018 lineup but they are all playing other gigs in Ireland this summer unfortunately :( really feel like there will be slim pickings left to choose from but I hope for the best..

Gorillaz Nick Cave The National
    The War on Drugs Orbital Justice
    Caribou HAIM Future Islands Fleet Foxes The The The Jacksons
    Warpaint Fever Ray Bonobo Lykke Li Mogwai Eels
    !!! Fatima Yamaha Little Dragon Grizzly Bear A-ha Sampha
    Sugarhill Gang Tune Yards Black Madonna Honey Dijon Brockhampton Idles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

All of the talk of Kasabian and Noel Gallagher scares me! For some reason Kasabian are an act I really never took a liking to and Noel Gallagher only played two years ago. Was thinking on the drive home today of the amount of potential EP acts that have been taken up by other festivals/gigs in Ireland this summer...

In an alternative universe this would be my EP 2018 lineup but they are all playing other gigs in Ireland this summer unfortunately :( really feel like there will be slim pickings left to choose from but I hope for the best..

Gorillaz Nick Cave The National
    The War on Drugs Orbital Justice
    Caribou HAIM Future Islands Fleet Foxes The The The Jacksons
    Warpaint Fever Ray Bonobo Lykke Li Mogwai Eels
    !!! Fatima Yamaha Little Dragon Grizzly Bear A-ha Sampha
    Sugarhill Gang Tune Yards Black Madonna Honey Dijon Brockhampton Idles

Fever Ray playing B&S and Bonobo playing FF.

Edit: Sorry misunderstood, this is yer dream list.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

We know. They're all playing shows in Ireland already this summer. That's why he said it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well, that's just utterly inconsiderate of him, why is he not doing it at picnic?

I already tried to convince him but he is far from a festival type of guy. Some people are just selfish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I already tried to convince him but he is far from a festival type of guy. Some people are just selfish

We could sort him out for you if you want. Just saying like.

Snarky Snark Snark

A t-shirt that says “teenager”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

A t-shirt that says “teenager”?

A bullseye on the back would help too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha im 100% ok with that

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

One act that is 100% guaranteed to be play the main stage is Bastille. No Irish gig this year and playing most of the Festival Republic gigs so nailed on.

Snarky Snark Snark

Dita Von Teese has an album out...

just saying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

tonto123 wrote: »
    Even though they only played two years ago, u could be correct , who knows... A bit like arctic monkeys you would think are highly likely with no Irish date added... But you just don't know what they will come up with... I followed this thread last year and the only real guess that was correct from all the posters was the xx... No one mentioned Pete thing, a tribe called quest or Duran Duran all through the thread last year

I called Tribe.

(I likes me victories small)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement