Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really hope Dermot Kennedy is announced... he seems to doing UK festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

David Byrnes last euro gig is mid July then he’s back in states so I’d say that counts him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Would love to see Shame on the bill.

Breeders and The Kills also got new albums could be good additions.

Aside from that I really hope Pogueology are asked back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

thebusher wrote: »

Bad news for you - they're playing Body and Soul in June so almost definitely out for EP. Very rare to see international acts play two Irish festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

thebusher wrote: »

Bad news for you - they're playing Body and Soul in June so almost definitely out for EP. Very rare to see international acts play two Irish festivals.
    Crap. I hoped, too. Their album is stonking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Playing in whelans around april.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Here's hoping you're wrong. Some years are better than others but EP has never let me down in terms of having a dozen great acts over a weekend.

Major acts still available include Bjork, Kendrick Lamar, Radiohead, David Byrne, My Bloody Valentine, St. Vincent, Arcade Fire, Jeff Tweedy, John Cale, King Gizzard, Muse and many others.

I'd also expect a fair few decent Irish acts including Touts & Ash being bounced up to bigger slots as well as possible appearances from Christy Moore or The Gloaming.

Of course there are lots of mediocre outfits floating around in late August but I reckon we'll all have enough there to keep us satisfied.

For the love of Christ lad, give over with the radiohead😂😂😂

Snarky Snark Snark

Xjj8AGj.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

182 sleeps btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

declanleo wrote: »
    For the love of Christ lad, give over with the radiohead😂😂😂

Think we missed our big chance two years ago, but they've got to be included as possibilities, however remote. US tour finishes on 1 August.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

https://garbage.com/tour/

with those dates, they've got to be seriously odds on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This day 2 years we got the first headliners :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imagine getting this snowfall at EP, it would be weird. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Imagine getting this snowfall at EP, it would be weird. :)

Enough white around that place as it is wha

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Think we missed our big chance two years ago, but they've got to be included as possibilities, however remote. US tour finishes on 1 August.

IT IS NOT HAPPENING

Snarky Snark Snark

IT IS NOT HAPPENING

Calm down Dear, it's only a possibility.

IT IS NOT HAPPENING

Chill man, and read what I've said.

Snarky Snark Snark

christ, if they who shall not be named were announced, think this forum would lose it's collective sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

christ, if they who shall not be named were announced, think this forum would lose it's collective sh1t.

Saw them in 3arena during their last visit (meh) and there during the hail to the thief tour (amazing). Just didn't feel it. Would rather they didn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Saw them in 3arena during their last visit (meh) and there during the hail to the thief tour (amazing). Just didn't feel it. Would rather they didn't show up.

The band were good in the 3 but **** me the crowd would suck any bit of craic out of you, I've never seen so many miserable people in one spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Onyx be great in one of the tents . Poor Fredro Starr be stuck in Dublin airport till September at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Radiohead are still unlikely but I wouldn't say they are 100% not a chance of showing up. I was surprised when they announced those dates in the US. I thought after south america they'd end the tour considering the drummer has put out a solo album and there was talk of one of the guitarists doing the same. Plus Thom is doing solo shows (with nigel) during the summer. But I think were going to get one big name and it'll be Arctic Monkeys or Kendrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Delighted to see the Trinity Series has no one i want added to the EP lineup

Delighted to see the Trinity Series has no one i want added to the EP lineup

Agreed, bar Bryan Ferry. Caught him headlining West Holts at Glasto a few years ago, both him & band were stunning. More energy & a better setlist than Roxy at EP at the turn of the decade.

Snarky Snark Snark

Took me ma to see him the last time he played in the NCH, voice is fading but still great

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Where are the listings out?

Snarky Snark Snark

We don't know, we never know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bazzo wrote: »
    The band were good in the 3 but **** me the crowd would suck any bit of craic out of you, I've never seen so many miserable people in one spot.

Isnt that what you would expect at a Radiohead gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

mgkelly wrote: »
    Where are the listings out?
    https://www.her.ie/entertainment/summer-series-trinity-back-unbelievable-line-391816

Good news alright. I'll live without that lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Can't seem to post that link. Anyway, seems to me to be a vastly inferior line-up to last year. All subjective I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement