Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Chill man, and read what I've said.

Apologies,should have put a smiley face at the end. Not meant as it seemed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah the Trinity gigs are nothing special this year, kind of relieved as I was worried it would take more potential EP acts away. I'd say more or less all of this summers major gigs have been announced now (some festivals will have more announcements though). Still a very tough year to predict who will pop up at picnic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah the Trinity gigs are nothing special this year, kind of relieved as I was worried it would take more potential EP acts away. I'd say more or less all of this summers major gigs have been announced now (some festivals will have more announcements though). Still a very tough year to predict who will pop up at picnic though.

I'd say the Picnic will get a mix of acts from Electric Fields and End of the Road anyway and possibly some acts destined for Festival Number 6.

EF2018_Lineup_Artwork.jpg

end-of-the-road.jpg

And probably a few big ones like Bjork, Artic Monkeys, My Bloody Valentine and stuff like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I would normally be on tender hooks (is the correct spelling?) at this point.

This year I am so covered this year with B&S and ATN that I just don't care.

Nerd are surely a shoe in to play

• Advertisement

We would gladly jump ship to ATN without knowing the picnic line up if her bro wasn't coming from Sydney for the picnic

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Tenterhooks!

Yeah ATN sounds like the most chilled festival going. Its a pity its on the same weekend as three other festivals! EP will have to come up with something great to win people over.

I wonder does the whole delay in announcing and putting the tickets on the market put people off EP? Most people can only afford one or two festivals per summer, and even if EP were to come out with a great lineup, they will have already lost a load of people to the other festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm the same between Forbidden Fruit, Mad Cool and ATN but I'll still be buying an EP ticket on the installment plant if the announcement is good or if lots of my friends are going. It's always a good weekend unless the weather is really awful, and even then I think id still rather be at EP than at home for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm the same between Forbidden Fruit, Mad Cool and ATN but I'll still be buying an EP ticket on the installment plant if the announcement is good or if lots of my friends are going. It's always a good weekend unless the weather is really awful, and even then I think id still rather be at EP than at home for the weekend.

Most important thing IMO is if you are skipping for Enya whatever reason, make sure you've something else lined up to do! Even if you're not bothered about 99% of what's happening, if you're at work or at home, you'll obsess about that one band or that one stage you're missing out on.

At least if you've booked a sun holiday or something, you can be smug about missing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Most important thing IMO is if you are skipping for Enya whatever reason

The most important thing about skipping Enya, is that you've managed to skip Enya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Arctic monkeys announced 6 European dates in may/june with no irish date?? More indication they will turn up at EP!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Got to be a good bet, their last date is a little over two weeks before EP in Hungary with nowt listed after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Aren't they playing a few gigs in Sheffield in September or something or is that just a rumour? Have to be a strong possibility alright. I would be surprised if one of them or Kendrick Lamar aren't on the poster.

The most important thing about skipping Enya, is that you've managed to skip Enya.

Whoops. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

just f##kn announce already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Has anyone who paid on the Installment plan received their tickets yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has anyone who paid on the Installment plan received their tickets yet ?

I haven't anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

maximoose wrote: »
    I haven't anyway

Phew..That's reassuring, I know people who didn't pay on installment have already got them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Phew..That's reassuring, I know people who didn't pay on installment have already got them

Yeah was beginning to worry myself but seeing others still ticketless is a relief :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

6 months folks. I wouldn't be panicking just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do tickets go on sale again when the announcement is made? Wasn't able to get one the last time so I'm anxious not to miss out this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I haven't gotten mine yet and have 3 paid on installment plan. So excited, I mean the announcement may be only 2 weeks away. My husband thinks it absolutely hilarious that Im on this thread and we're all speculating for months trying to figure out who is where and when.

Sure it's half the fun!

Then we get to talk about the acts and try guess when the next announcement will be made for the next three months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Knex. wrote: »
    Do tickets go on sale again when the announcement is made? Wasn't able to get one the last time so I'm anxious not to miss out this time around.

If I remember correctly last year they went on sale the day the announcement was made but about 3 hours before they actually announced the acts!

Knex. wrote: »
    kg703 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly last year they went on sale the day the announcement was made but about 3 hours before they actually announced the acts!

This - they went on sale that morning and sold out before the announcement was actually made.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same this year, although the sheer number of big outdoor gigs and festivals already announced may have hit some people's pockets by the time it does come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Have they made an announcement about when the announcement is going to be made? Or an announcement about when the announcement about the announcement is going to be made? Or an announcement about when the announcement about the announcement about the etc. etc.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Have they made an announcement about when the announcement is going to be made? Or an announcement about when the announcement about the announcement is going to be made? Or an announcement about when the announcement about the announcement about the etc. etc.

I think we are at the stage of the announcement about the announcement about the announcement.

Soon, that will be the announcement about the announcement.

Then the announcement.

Then the social media meltdown.

Then the announcement about the announcement about the second announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

No!! Grr! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Just a couple weeks guys

Snarky Snark Snark

Narrator: it was two months later
    Just a couple weeks guys

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah good shout, I can see them doing it. Unless there’s a Dublin specific show planned for late summer?

Marley pk around longitude time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement