Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thebusher wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    One of the Gallaghers
    Teenage Fanclub
    James
    Stereophonics
    Jesus & Mary Chain
    John Moreland
    Jason Isbell
    Undertones
    SLF
    Avett Brothers
    Titus Andronicus
    Frank Turner
    Brian Fallon
    Gaslight Anthem
    Shame
    Warmduscher
    These Charming Men
    Pogueology
    Harvest

Thats my list. Lots of guitars.

Would love if the Avett Brothers played again. They were amazing in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

BaZmO* wrote: »

They were incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They really were. Devil pulls the strings was incredible.

Well their American tour looks like it starts March 15th and runs all the way to August 18th, and it seems to travel west to east. So it's a definite possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭LowOdour

They were fantastic...a real highlight.

My two cents on headliners we might get. In the last 2 years, I've seen only 2 headliners (LCD in 2016 & ATCQ last year). As has been said a million times, plenty of other acts to see.

If we got Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys or Kendrick Lamar, that would be fine. Would love a proper rock band though!
    My spirits would be dampened if I saw Snow Patrol or Florence and her machine announced.

There are alot of brilliant second tier acts that have been announced at other festivals in Ireland this year that worries me more as EP won't have them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mr.S wrote: »
    On the other, it could also mean they can be lazy because they know the festival will sell out regardless.

I guess we'll see.

This years tickets are sold on the strength of last years line up / festival. So even if it sells out on saturday, they cant be complaicent because a poor line up this yeae means it might not sell out next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

thebusher wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    One of the Gallaghers
    Teenage Fanclub
    James
    Stereophonics
    Jesus & Mary Chain
    John Moreland
    Jason Isbell
    Undertones
    SLF
    Avett Brothers
    Titus Andronicus
    Frank Turner
    Brian Fallon
    Gaslight Anthem
    Shame
    Warmduscher
    These Charming Men
    Pogueology
    Harvest

Thats my list. Lots of guitars.

You're a big sausage fan then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Why wouldn't they sell the tickets before the lie up is announced though? Wouldn't you? Ireland's now flagship festival, regardless of line up it will sell out.

People seem to forget that Festival Republic is a business first and foremost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

As a previous poster mentioned, does anyone know if tickets for Sunday will be on sale as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Why wouldn't they sell the tickets before the lie up is announced though? Wouldn't you? Ireland's now flagship festival, regardless of line up it will sell out.

Ireland's now flagship flagging festival

FTFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Arctic Monkey released more dates ending with Sziget on Aug 14th, surely they are a certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I'd bet my right testicle on arctic monkeys and Kendrick Lamar being headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

As a previous poster mentioned, does anyone know if tickets for Sunday will be on sale as well??

Just got a Ticketmaster email. Sunday tickets (along with weekend tickets) back on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Just got the email notification. Sunday tickets on sale tomorrow too

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

I'd bet my right testicle on arctic monkeys and Kendrick Lamar being headliners.

heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

.....and now to find someone who will take that bet :p

Would love to see Arctic Monkeys - like a lot of their tunes & have never seen them live.

Snarky Snark Snark

175 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Odd they sell tickets first, let alone the final the batch of them before an act is even announced. doesn't seem to happen at any other festivals on the continent

They've only starting doing this recently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Odd they sell tickets first, let alone the final the batch of them before an act is even announced. doesn't seem to happen at any other festivals on the continent

Glastonbury. Britain still qualifies as part of this continent, no?

Snarky Snark Snark

alastair wrote: »
    Glastonbury. Britain still qualifies as part of this continent, no?

until next april yes, then they become AmeriKa v2.1.

(or Airstrip One depending on what dystopian bent you favour)

• Advertisement

Hozier just made a kinda cryptic statement on Facebuke. Surely he’s a contender?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hozier just made a kinda cryptic statement on Facebuke. Surely he’s a contender?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo *shakes fists at the sky*

everlast75 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo *shakes fists at the sky*

Justsayin. Don’t blame me

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Well their American tour looks like it starts March 15th and runs all the way to August 18th, and it seems to travel west to east. So it's a definite possibility.

If they've spent 5 months on an American tour they won't pop over to stradbally to finish off the tour. Not worth it

declanleo wrote: »
    If they've spent 5 months on an American tour they won't pop over to stradbally to finish off the tour. Not worth it

But it could be the start of a European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Wonder are alt j possible? Seem to be touring right up to the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could be one for the line below headliners, yeah. seem to be playing everywhere, and loads of festivals, yet no Irish date at all.

Snarky Snark Snark

Stick him in the church and let the air out.

He can then sing ‘innnfaaaate the church’ etc .....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If AM do play i really hope there is someone better on the other stages , Seen them twice now and have to say they bored me to tears especially there last EP gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ireland's now flagship flagging festival

FTFY

Thriving I'd argue. Always has a couple of dozen impressive acts and adding great new stages every year. Sure, there are definite criticisms of the corporate stuff, but EP not giving up anytime soon. Plenty of room in the calendar for them, ATN, B&S and the other fests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement