Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

alastair wrote: »
    Odd they sell tickets first, let alone the final the batch of them before an act is even announced. doesn't seem to happen at any other festivals on the continent

Glastonbury. Britain still qualifies as part of this continent, no?

And Primavera. Unsure of the numbers but a high percentage of tickets gone by announcement time?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Anyone know what the odds are of getting a festihut from being on the cancellation list?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Sunday sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

2 man pink moon sold out in about 30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bool_urns

I'd bet my right testicle on arctic monkeys and Kendrick Lamar being headliners.

This is the exact same as people swearing Eminem would play last year on here. Very much doubt they've booked K dot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well to be fair, Kendrick is much more likely a booking than Eminem. Eminem is a scumbag magnet, the picnic tend not to book those acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Well to be fair, Kendrick is much more likely a booking than Eminem. Eminem is a scumbag magnet, the picnic tend not to book those acts.

I thought this was the case as well. Went to Eminem last year in Glasgow.

Very surprising, didn't see any bad behaviour at all. Just a lot of people enjoying themselves. Though i didn't venture into the crowd, just watched on the outskirts with my GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ticket in the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Finally bought a ticket, it's been years since I had to pay full price. I feel like I've been used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Looged on early at 9 on the dot and thankfully managed to get 2 Sunday tickets for the folks (bit of an eye opener for them I guess), but it’s mad how the Sunday tickets just seemed to be gone after 10 minutes while the weekend tickets are still available....

Yeah AM were a bit dull last time but I’m still a big fan and album is definitely going to be good so I’d be happy enough with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

It’s mad how tightly sealed ep are able to keep their lineup. Probably one of the hardest around to predict.

That’s true actually. Especially compared to the big UK fests where there’s always leaks. 5 days until the poster drops and we literally haven’t a clue who’s going to be on it apart from vague notions of Arctic Monkeys or Kendrick Lamar.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Hope Muse are announced , id have them over AM or kasabian. Seen AM few times now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I used to prefer Muse to AM but they haven't realised a decent song since 2006. Last few albums have been dire. Only saw AM in 06 at Oxegen when they were starting out, they paled in comparison the the acts that followed them, Strokes, the Who and James Brown (not that those are easy acts to compete with). Would like to see how they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I used to prefer Muse to AM but they haven't realised a decent song since 2006. Last few albums have been dire. Only saw AM in 06 at Oxegen when they were starting out, they paled in comparison the the acts that followed them, Strokes, the Who and James Brown (not that those are easy acts to compete with). Would like to see how they are now.

Great shout , the strokes be a good addition , must be a very long time since they played Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I thought this was the case as well. Went to Eminem last year in Glasgow.

Very surprising, didn't see any bad behaviour at all. Just a lot of people enjoying themselves. Though i didn't venture into the crowd, just watched on the outskirts with my GF.

yeah but that is not Ireland lol

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Great shout , the strokes be a good addition  , must be a very long time since they played Ireland ?
    I would love The Strokes but they're probably unlikely as they just don't seem to tour that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

showpony1 wrote: »
    yeah but that is not Ireland lol

He was just saying 'Eminem is a scumbag magnet' is it just dependant on Geography?

I'm fairly sure Scotland and ourselves would have similar competition in that game.

But anyway was really good. Would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I guess with weekend tickets still not sold out means more people are now waiting for the lineup before committing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I guess with weekend tickets still not sold out means more people are now waiting for the lineup before committing

Still be surprised if its not announced as a sell out before the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still be surprised if its not announced as a sell out before the announcement.

But how would you know, your bones would be all hardened and you would be stiff and dead. :D:D:D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

I'd love Grace Jones again. Bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

sassyj wrote: »
    I'd love Grace Jones again. Bonkers.

She's playing trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

But how would you know, your bones would be all hardened and you would be stiff and dead. :D:D:D:D:D

You and I have been on this forum for nearly 10 years and it took you that long to make that crack. There's dead and there's dead.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Probably said before but David Byrne touring stateside

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Hugely unlikely but would love to see Brian Fallon in the EA.

Went to see him last night at the Olympia. He was on fire. One of the best gigs Ive seen in a few years. Would be ideal in the Electric tent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

thebusher wrote: »
    Hugely unlikely but would love to see Brian Fallon in the EA.

Went to see him last night at the Olympia. He was on fire. One of the best gigs Ive seen in a few years. Would be ideal in the Electric tent

100% i ended up going to the gig at the last minute ,We went to the Box Office and someone was selling two standing tickets so we bought them. Holy god what a gig it was , havent really listened to his solo stuff but still thought the gig was unreal and to hear 59 sound acoustic was worth the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

100% i ended up going to the gig at the last minute ,We went to the Box Office and someone was selling two standing tickets so we bought them. Holy god what a gig it was , havent really listened to his solo stuff but still thought the gig was unreal and to hear 59 sound acoustic was worth the money

Yea 59 Sound was something alright :-)
    I think the crowd took him by surprise last night.
    He seemed genuinely blown away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement