Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Bit of a random one.

Tom Jones on the lineup?

Doing quite an amount of UK dates around that time.

Could see it being pretty good sunday addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Bit of a random one.

Tom Jones on the lineup?

Doing quite an amount of UK dates around that time.

Could see it being pretty good sunday addition.

Wouldn't say no to that :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bit of a random one.

Tom Jones on the lineup?

For him to turn up at festivals? it's not unusual

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

everlast75 wrote: »
    For him to turn up at festivals? it's not unusual

Why? Why? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bets on Hozier, Snow Patrol, Gavin James all “branded” on the announcement poster...? Honestly it could be a cnuts Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hozier seems to be being retroactively lumped in with the ****e like Kodaline, Coronas, Gavin James etc. He's a way beyond them, I wouldn't be a fan but I've seen him at 2 festivals and he did well both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I think it’s so funny the music snobbery that goes on, not that I like it or are into his music but Hozier drew the biggest crowd of the weekend there a few years back ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    Bets on Hozier, Snow Patrol, Gavin James all “branded” on the announcement poster...? Honestly it could be a cnuts Picnic.

So all of us who've bought our tickets are see you next tuesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Any idea if My Bloody Valentine will be playing?

They've a festival in Japan on 17th August and 23 June in London.

Would much rather see them indoors tbh.

And all the Sunday tickets are gone already without a line-up being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I’d say the more commercial acts will be, Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille, Gavin James, Sigrid.

Oldies will be Madness, James, David Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I’d say the more commercial acts will be, Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille, Gavin James, Sigrid.

Oldies will be Madness, James, David Byrne.

Madness were there last year so I’d imagine they’d be doubtful to return so quickly. David Byrne and James would be great additions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Madness were there last year so I’d imagine they’d be doubtful to return so quickly. David Byrne and James would be great additions

You’re right, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm totally on board with that. I've bought my tickets and i'm a complete see you next tuesday. Mind you, those things are totally unrelated.

Ah here. Vast distinction between loyal yearafteryear punters and the prospective (sketchy) line up.

Email confirmation says I bought my tickets on the 8th Sept at 902am. Jusfer the record kidz.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Hozier was great a few years back. Drew a massive crowd and he had only just broke onto the music scene. I'd be happy with him. Think we might get Walking On Cars on main stage, maybe Little Green Cars. Can't see Gavin James again this year. He did main stage last year.
    Hard to call this year. Would love to see Public Service Broadcasting back this year in one of the large tents.
    Either way I can't wait till next Thurs so I can delve into the line up and whatever new music it presents to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My problem is I have tickets for both the Picnic and ATN but can only go to one (pesky kids). Underworld and the new festival vibe has me leaning towards ATN. The Picnic is going to have to have pull something out of the bag. Hopefully they get Despacio back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Hozier was great a few years back. Drew a massive crowd and he had only just broke onto the music scene. I'd be happy with him. Think we might get Walking On Cars on main stage, maybe Little Green Cars. Can't see Gavin James again this year. He did main stage last year.
    Hard to call this year. Would love to see Public Service Broadcasting back this year in one of the large tents.
    Either way I can't wait till next Thurs so I can delve into the line up and whatever new music it presents to me...

I really cant see PSB being back. I would imagine they could be odds on for the new Waterford festival. I truly hope im wrong but i really doubt they'd be back so quick after a headline slot at Body and SOul main stage.

Snarky Snark Snark

Goldfrapp, please let there be Goldfrapp

Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    My problem is I have tickets for both the Picnic and ATN but can only go to one

fancypants.jpg

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    Email confirmation says I bought my tickets on the 8th Sept at 902am. Jusfer the record kidz.

slacker

r0rJQMg.png

Snarky Snark Snark

FWIW, think we could still get a-Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

is there any reason for people saying Hozier is headlining now other than it must be the likes of coronas, gavin james etc on bill somewhere?
    would love to see him on main stage one of the days over any of them.

Snarky Snark Snark

He's apparently been fruity on social media the last week is all. He could well be on the main stage again and if he was then he'd be above what he was last time (i.e. moved into the 8Pm type slot there).

Don't think he has the body of work for full headliner yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'd love chromeo but they seem to have given up playing Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

He's apparently been fruity on social media the last week is all. He could well be on the main stage again and if he was then he'd be above what he was last time (i.e. moved into the 8Pm type slot there).

Don't think he has the body of work for full headliner yet though.

Hozier would sell more tickets in Ireland doing a standalone gig than A Tribe Called Quest, Pete Tong etc. the "headliners" so could easily be anywhere on the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I used to prefer Muse to AM but they haven't realised a decent song since 2006. Last few albums have been dire. Only saw AM in 06 at Oxegen when they were starting out, they paled in comparison the the acts that followed them, Strokes, the Who and James Brown (not that those are easy acts to compete with). Would like to see how they are now.

Great shout , the strokes be a good addition , must be a very long time since they played Ireland ?

no hope of that, unfortunately, they are basically broken up, Julian seems to be focusing on The Voidz (who would be a great addition as well

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hozier would sell more tickets in Ireland doing a standalone gig than A Tribe Called Quest, Pete Tong etc.

He might well do, but the ****er just has a single album, full headliners tend to have a larger corpus of content to pull from. He's not there yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Synode wrote: »
    My problem is I have tickets for both the Picnic and ATN but can only go to one (pesky kids).

Have you considered selling one? I know it's difficult to choose between the two you love so much and all, but children fetch a reasonable price on the black market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Really hoping for Arctic Monkeys on this one !!

Surely only a matter of time before an Irish date is announced ?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement