Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm starting a Facebook campaign for These Charming Men to headline Main Stage Saturday night. That should kick off discussion in here nicely. Or better still, I'm sure there's a Radiohead tribute somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

The one person who should with out a shadow of a doubt be given a gig on the main stage is Jack L. Seen him last Sunday night in the hazelwood and he was unreal. Probably one of my top 3 all weekend.
    His voice is like no others in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I mentioned in the 2017 thread that i got talking to one of the bar owners in town on the Monday afternoon and he said that the organisers will be applying to have music on site on the Thursday next year.

Be interesting to see if that will that be restricted to the non-arena stages like Salty Dog, Hazel Wood etc or will they look to open the arena.

From what he was saying the businesses in the town are all for the idea, especially as they won't be having and All-Ireland Sunday next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just waiting to see if my friend def wants to go Pink Moon or not and will prob put a payment down ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I mentioned in the 2017 thread that i got talking to one of the bar owners in town on the Monday afternoon and he said that the organisers will be applying to have music on site on the Thursday next year.

Be interesting to see if that will that be restricted to the non-arena stages like Salty Dog, Hazel Wood etc or will they look to open the arena.

From what he was saying the businesses in the town are all for the idea, especially as they won't be having and All-Ireland Sunday next year.

Why no all Ireland Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Festihuts moving to Pink Moon area for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sassyj wrote: »
    Festihuts moving to Pink Moon area for 2018

either podpads are moving or the area is expanding so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Why no all Ireland Sunday?

The 2018 finals will be in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

According to the podpads website there's going to be a pink moon podpads area and a boutique camping podpads area (over the far side bear Hendrix) as previous years so possibly expanding

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Pink Moon 4, 6 & 8 men tents are already showing SOLD OUT.. Are these early bird?? I assume more will become available!!! Otherwise it's very very early for these to sell out...

• Advertisement

As long as they don't move the Pink Moon site it's self... So handy that close to the arena..

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Pink Moon 4, 6 & 8 men tents are already showing SOLD OUT.. Are these early bird?? I assume more will become available!!! Otherwise it's very very early for these to sell out...

Early bird only

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

As long as they don't move the Pink Moon site it's self... So handy that close to the arena..
    Is the queue for the ladies shower as long in PM as in Boutique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Only if you go down between 9am & 12am I've a shower at 7.30, hair dried and back to bed for an hour or two again.

I went sat & sun this year round 10.30-11 ish... queues long but move quickly.. plenty of showers.. Also, picked a queue filled mostly with lads as the men don't take as long... I'd say 9-11.30 is peak times for showers.. very short or none existing queues after that..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm starting a Facebook campaign for These Charming Men to headline Main Stage Saturday night. That should kick off discussion in here nicely. Or better still, I'm sure there's a Radiohead tribute somewhere.

Could they put some of them in the after hours time slots e.g. Body and Soul or Salty Dog at 2/3am? Most of the late acts appeal to the disco biscuit crowd rather than the drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Any idea what the forecast is?

Embarrassing headliners, rubbish unknown mid-tier & crappy tribute bands.

2 weekend camping tix 4 sale, can't believe there's no Stormzy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Poorside wrote: »
    2 weekend camping tix 4 sale, can't believe there's no Stormzy

And where is The Script , Picture This or Drake? Wurst line up eva

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

erica74 wrote: »

Early bird only

What's the story with Pink Moon early bird? Is it just the initial allocation of spaces? Better prices? I stayed there last year but didn't get any notification from them re next year.

MediaMan wrote: »
    What's the story with Pink Moon early bird? Is it just the initial allocation of spaces? Better prices? I stayed there last year but didn't get any notification from them re next year.

The early bird was cheaper. I'd say they'll release the regular price options soon enough.

I'm a terrible cynic and I don't believe they really "sold out" of the early bird options at all. I think they're just trying to get the hype up and make people really eager to buy. If they say the early birds have sold out, they're guaranteed an early sell out when the regular price options are released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

They're absolute chancers. I'm a big fan of what they offer, but year on year they increase their prices by around 10%.

They're starting to reach a price now where I'm thinking why're not worth it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'd wayyy prefer the return of the proper full Friday like before 2013 but i can't see it happening tbh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Charlie wrote: »
    They're absolute chancers. I'm a big fan of what they offer, but year on year they increase their prices by around 10%.

They're starting to reach a price now where I'm thinking why're not worth it tbh.

My thinking is as follows:

Pros:
    Closer to the Arena
    Safer, friendlier camping area
    Don't have to take your tent down on the monday morning

Cons:
    Expensive
    A 2 man tent is really only suitable for 1 man, so tent will be cramped
    Tent quality varies - can't be guaranteed
    You can't have all your friends in pink moon and you can't set up a little tent village

Neutral (for me anyway):
    Bar and cafe - you're never stuck for stuff anywhere in EP
    Showers - I'm not really a shower at a festival type of person
    Nicer toilets - to be honest I was surprised at how good the toilets were at EP, even in the busier campsites
    Don't have to set up the tent - I quite enjoy the setting up stuff.

So I reckon either the Eco camping or the Chaplin area would be a good substitute for Pink Moon, unless you really wanted to be close to the arena. But then you're further away from salty dog, rave in the woods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

My thinking is as follows:

Pros:
    Closer to the Arena
    Safer, friendlier camping area
    Don't have to take your tent down on the monday morning

Cons:
    Expensive
    A 2 man tent is really only suitable for 1 man, so tent will be cramped

Just on this. I got a two man this year, and it was a vango 4 man tent. Had enough space for double airbed + gear. And a decent sized porch area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

After Pink Moon for a number of years, I went Eco this year (more out of force than choice), but I reckon I'll be going back to Eco next year. For me, at this rate, the only real draw of Pink Moon is the luxury of not having to setup or take down the tent (particularly on a wet dreary Monday). Everything else that it potentially offers, the Eco does just as well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KartBandit

Evening boardsies, long time lurker, first time poster! Just wondering has anyone had problems in purchasing the early entry passes? I've tried a few times on both the ticketmaster website and the app, get through all the screens, verified payment and everything only to get the following message on each occasion:

There was a problem processing your request.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Order # xx-xxxxx/UKx

If you submitted an order, and are not sure if it went through, please check Order History or contact Customer Service.

I was able to buy 2 weekend tickets with my loyalty code about 10 minutes earlier, no issues, payment went through. Checked my account and I definitely didn't get charged for the early entry passes.

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Agree with Pink Moon becoming a rip off. A couple of years ago the cheapest tent was 165, then increased to 195, now 215. It's still just about at a level where I'll get it but if they keep increasing their prices they'll price me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What does pink moon offer that the eco campsite doesn't? You don't have to put up a tent (this takes ten mins) You're closer to the main arena and you have your own entrance but there are regularily large queues.

Agree with Pink Moon becoming a rip off. A couple of years ago the cheapest tent was 165, then increased to 195, now 215. It's still just about at a level where I'll get it but if they keep increasing their prices they'll price me out.

Thinking this way also if prices rise again next year. They're revamping it a bit this year, hopefully that'll add more perks to entice us to stay.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    What does pink moon offer that the eco campsite doesn't? You don't have to put up a tent (this takes ten mins) You're closer to the main arena and you have your own entrance but there are regularily large queues.

I've never been to eco, curious to see replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement