Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Like, are all tickets totally gone? And the line-up is unknown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not yet (at least on the ep site and twatter), and yes, the line up is a total mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have been keeping an eye on who is playing festivals this summer but still absolutely clueless to who will be there for the most part. I fancy Arctic Monkeys/Kendrick Lamar, St Vincent, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Hozier, Sigrid & Friendly Fires to all be on the lineup.

Wishlist:
    Chrvches
    Jungle
    Tame Impala
    Cigarettes After Sex
    The Prodigy
    Chet Faker
    Pale Waves
    Gary Numan
    Peggy Gou
    Teleman
    Joe Goddard

And the long shot wishlist:
    Jamiroquai
    Depeche Mode
    Simple Minds
    Slowdive
    Pet Shop Boys
    MGMT
    David Byrne
    Despacio

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

They were an early evening act this last time they played, somehow I can't see them getting pushed up to headliner status.

Wouldn't have put Duran there last year. Simple Minds same size band, serious back catalog of tunes .
    I think they would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

eplady2017 wrote: »
    There's always one :pac::pac::pac:

Like them or not I'm gonna add to the mix

A-Ha
    Wolf Alice
    George Ezra
    Tame Impala
    Walking on Cars
    Little Green Cars

Walking on cars.... You havin a giraffe!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Going out on a limb here but I reckon,

The Frank & Walters
    The Strypes
    The Blizzards

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

BigMo1 wrote:
    Doesn't seem to be much love for Kasabian here but I think they'd be a brilliant headliner. One of my favourite live acts.

You are right and justifiably so, Kasibian are modern day Status Quo without the humour. Through I like Artic Monkeys, they are very boring live.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

I'd say the blossoms will be there.. they played 2 years ago in the EA as far as I can remember and got a decent turnout.. just seen they've a new album out next month so they have to be a possibility!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pink moon back on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Walking on cars.... You havin a giraffe!!!

Not as a headliner... :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have been keeping an eye on who is playing festivals this summer but still absolutely clueless to who will be there for the most part. I fancy Arctic Monkeys/Kendrick Lamar, St Vincent, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Hozier, Sigrid & Friendly Fires to all be on the lineup.

Wishlist:
    Chrvches
    Jungle
    Tame Impala
    Cigarettes After Sex
    The Prodigy
    Chet Faker
    Pale Waves
    Gary Numan
    Peggy Gou
    Teleman
    Joe Goddard

And the long shot wishlist:
    Jamiroquai
    Depeche Mode
    Simple Minds
    Slowdive
    Pet Shop Boys
    MGMT
    David Byrne
    Despacio

Just checked the first six and Gary Numan, no one is giving anything away no Stradbally dates as yet, theres about a week after the Prodigy's last gig, they could possibly be the Friday night dance act, would be a nice way to kick off. But we've had this situation before where they were playing Rock En Seine the week before on another year and they never materialised at the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Poorside wrote: »
    Pink moon back on sale now.

And they're gone.

If anyone has a 2 man ticket for sale please let me know...

Just checked the first six and Gary Numan, no one is giving anything away no Stradbally dates as yet, theres about a week after the Prodigy's last gig, they could possibly be the Friday night dance act, would be a nice way to kick off. But we've had this situation before where they were playing Rock En Seine the week before on another year and they never materialised at the Picnic.

Yeah beginning to wonder if EP will ever get them, they definitely seemed more likely a couple of years ago. Then again, who would be the main stage dance act this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

everlast75 wrote: »
    And they're gone.

If anyone has a 2 man ticket for sale please let me know...

Seem to still be on sale just put 50% down on a 2 man tent about 10 mins ago?

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah beginning to wonder if EP will ever get them, they definitely seemed more likely a couple of years ago. Then again, who would be the main stage dance act this year?

They didn’t really have a bangin type dance act on the main stage last year. Maybe they’re moving away from having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Didn't they put Blur on last on the main stage 3 years back? Don't think there's any rhyme or reason to that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Joffrey

Anyone fill me in on ticket prices now to a few years back. Don't remember a weekend one being 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have put Duran there last year. Simple Minds same size band, serious back catalog of tunes .
    I think they would be great

Duran Duran have always commanded higher billing that Simple Minds. That'S just a sad fact. SM didn't have a huge crowd for their performance in 2015 either so booking them as a headliner would be ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They didn’t really have a bangin type dance act on the main stage last year. Maybe they’re moving away from having one.

They better not be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pete Tong played midnight to 2am last year didn't he? And the year previous had LCD Soundsystem close out on the Saturday iir.

It might not be quite 'banging type dance act' but definitely late night party vibe... It might just be the lack of available big dance acts who haven't done it in recent years. Prodigy are the obvious exception but quite a few of the big names have been around recently.

And, when there is so much great electronic, house, dance etc on elsewhere over the course of the festival, it might not be as essential to have one single big act on the main stage to close it out.

I dunno - might also just be coincidence but I'm pretty sure that Chic and Blur have also played last on the main stage on various nights over the last few years too so definitely seems to be more party mood than hardcore or dance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where has Ben Howard dissappeared to? Has he a new album on the horizon? Anyway I would love to see him again.

Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Duran Duran have always commanded higher billing that Simple Minds. That'S just a sad fact. SM didn't have a huge crowd for their performance in 2015 either so booking them as a headliner would be ridiculous

DD world wide were massively bigger than Simple Minds. SM were alright live, hadn't seen them since 89 but thought that they could have fit two more songs into the time that Jimbo wasted with his extended lalalalalalala edition of don't you forget about me.

SM seem to have hit a nice little groove again touring and the new album is almost a reasonable hark back to the 80-84 output, would see again but they're not headliners anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

mutley18 wrote: »
    Where has Ben Howard dissappeared to? Has he a new album on the horizon? Anyway I would love to see him again.

He has new album on the way and is in the process of recording it. He is playing a number of festivals around Europe this summer. I'm going to the Mad Cool festival in Madrid in July and he's playing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Joffrey wrote: »
    Anyone fill me in on ticket prices now to a few years back. Don't remember a weekend one being 250.

I paid €240 plus a service charge for them last year just before the announced the line-up. The prices seem to gradually rise as it gets towards the line-up announcement and before it sells out.

Pete Tong played midnight to 2am last year didn't he? And the year previous had LCD Soundsystem close out on the Saturday iir.

It might not be quite 'banging type dance act' but definitely late night party vibe... It might just be the lack of available big dance acts who haven't done it in recent years. Prodigy are the obvious exception but quite a few of the big names have been around recently.

And, when there is so much great electronic, house, dance etc on elsewhere over the course of the festival, it might not be as essential to have one single big act on the main stage to close it out.

I dunno - might also just be coincidence but I'm pretty sure that Chic and Blur have also played last on the main stage on various nights over the last few years too so definitely seems to be more party mood than hardcore or dance.

Yeah they don't always play the Saturday night but in the last few years we had Pete Tong, Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Fat boy Slim.. the only year we didn't have a main stage dance act was the year Chic played I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

What are The Villagers up to? I'd like to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are supporting the National in Donnybrook, don't know how that affects their chances of picnic

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

mutley18 wrote: »

Check out A Blaze of Feather while you're waiting, folky supergroup he's been a part of (along with most of his band) & it'll fill that Ben Howard shaped gap on your iPod.

Snarky Snark Snark

MaxManis wrote: »
    I paid €240 plus a service charge for them last year just before the announced the line-up. The prices seem to gradually rise as it gets towards the line-up announcement and before it sells out.

There's no gradual rise, there's the early bird price and the full price.

That's all there is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

sooo , snow patrol no irish gig announced , the same with arctic monkeys and the prodigy so as much as it would dispaoint people i think one of these three will be a headliner. the libertines, james , the coral, franz ferdinand, friendly fires, django django,kaiser chiefs, paul weller , paloma faith all knocking around the uk around that time so all maybe likely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement