Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Delorentos have a new album out on April 27th; they're playing Indiependence early August, but could also be at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Twiddling my fingers now wondering who the fcuk is going to get announced, I'm hoping a leaked poster appears soon of some sort.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Jarvis Cocker announced a small string of UK shows, wouldn't surprise me if they're successful he'll expand the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I actually had a nightmare last night that the Coronas were the second highest headliner on the poster when it was announced.
    can't remember what the rest of the line-up was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

showpony1 wrote: »
    I actually had a nightmare last night that the Coronas were the second highest headliner on the poster when it was announced.
    can't remember what the rest of the line-up was.

That would just be so so sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I keep hearing the Beeeders new album on Today FM in the evenings, and George Ezra in the mornings... I’m reading too much into things.

Chvrches have got to be nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I think our line up might look a little like this

arctic monkeys
    prodigy
    Hot Chip
    Noel Gallagher
    Snow Patrol
    Franz Ferdinand
    Beach House
    churches
    wolf alice
    Django Django
    Calexico
    Ezra Furman
    Simple Minds
    La Galaxie
    mew
    The boy with the arab strap
    Eden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, mew pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The level to which I'm impressed by the Picnic HQ's lockdown on line up leaks only exacerbates the level of dread I'm experiencing.

Like, theyre only able to keep this secret because its downright appalling, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wooderson wrote: »
    The level to which I'm impressed by the Picnic HQ's lockdown on line up leaks only exacerbates the level of dread I'm experiencing.

Like, theyre only able to keep this secret because its downright appalling, right?

Or maybe mind blowingly good. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Django Django were added to Beatyard so I'd say that rules them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I think our line up might look a little like this

arctic monkeys
    prodigy
    Hot Chip
    Noel Gallagher
    Snow Patrol
    Franz Ferdinand
    Beach House
    churches
    wolf alice
    Django Django
    Calexico
    Ezra Furman
    Simple Minds
    La Galaxie
    mew
    The boy with the arab strap
    Eden

I'd be delighted with that lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Thought Slowdive would play Vicar St or somewhere like that but still no word-could make Thursdays ****e announcement bearable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

I have'nt a scooby doo either but going by whats booked so far this summer I hope to see:

Peggy Gou
    Dj Koze
    Stranger things guys
    Lorde
    Mano le Tough
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Slowdive
    Ride
    Ty Seagall
    King Gizzard
    Fat White Family
    Gruff Rhys
    Vampire Weekend

Job Done :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The bands also manage to keep it secret too! Must be tricky for the smaller bands who have been asked to play the picnic not to put it all over social media.

In any event, I've a good feeling about the lineup. I reckon there will be less big ticket headliner acts which will allow a better quality of second tier bands to play. Which would suit me perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I fuzzily recall some one last year mentioning that Jimmy Somerville had signed up for a festival show in Ireland, depending on how far out they book acts, he might be one to slap on the list.

Found it, twas BD : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102366907&postcount=1281

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

I fuzzily recall some one last year mentioning that Jimmy Somerville had signed up for a festival show in Ireland, depending on how far out they book acts, he might be one to slap on the list.

Found it, twas BD : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102366907&postcount=1281

Mmmm, I have no issues with that at all, don't know if I'd prefer him Late Night EA or early-ish Mainstage

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Was thinking that some of the Marquee (Cork) artists could play EP this year - last year Elbow played the Marquee and I couldn't go on the night - was gutted - but a few months later they were up on that Main Stage at EP? So who knows..................

I'm just sick of having to wait so long for an announcement - and expect immense disappointment on Thursday (hoping for reverse psychology on this one) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Judes wrote: »

I'm just sick of having to wait so long for an announcement - and expect immense disappointment on Thursday (hoping for reverse psychology on this one) :D

The lineup was leaked the night before the official announcement last year, so hoping we will know the lineup tomorrow night

Snarky Snark Snark

No no no, we want to have the shock, awe, crying, wailing and the shrieks of mass hysteria and not the softly fizzling annoyance of resentment and buyers remorse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

LowOdour wrote: »
    The lineup was leaked the night before the official announcement last year, so hoping we will know the lineup tomorrow night

Hopefully, so I can be the first to put my tickets up for sale in Facebook.

Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »

Now now, we use toutless round here.

Don't be horsewhipped out of town, it's not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So I've listened to the common sense arguments explaining why Depeche Mode won't be appearing in Laois. I choose to ignore them. That's my one wish. Make it happen.

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    So I've listened to the common sense arguments explaining why Depeche Mode won't be appearing in Laois. I choose to ignore them. That's my one wish. Make it happen.

Being a bit of a Martyr there, You shall have to Suffer Well and just Enjoy The Silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Its been really really tight for the past few years now, Blur was a purposeful leak but other that this I can't think of any recent leaks?

I've come to the conclusion the decision makers and supporting crew are all FR London based and that the EP is barely on their radar.. there's just no interest for them, it's not like some local lad is getting the inside scoop up onto board's.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »

29133577_2086709414702699_2508598270545100800_n.jpg?oh=c9b938aeead85a517454d8fc4144bf0a&oe=5B333BC3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can really see AM headlining but hope they dont. Would much prefer to see them in 3arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Can really see AM headlining but hope they dont. Would much prefer to see them in 3arena.

Me too... as in I won't be there!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Poorside wrote: »

Just asking for a friend, but are you a teenager?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

De kiddies don't use bukeface any more apparently. It's all instash1te and snapsh1te.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement