Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think our line up might look a little like this

arctic monkeys
    prodigy
    Hot Chip
    Noel Gallagher
    Snow Patrol
    Franz Ferdinand
    Beach House
    churches
    wolf alice
    Django Django
    Calexico
    Ezra Furman
    Simple Minds
    La Galaxie
    mew
    The boy with the arab strap
    Eden

That's far too good I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think our line up might look a little like this

arctic monkeys
    prodigy
    Hot Chip
    Noel Gallagher
    Snow Patrol
    Franz Ferdinand
    Beach House
    churches
    wolf alice
    Django Django
    Calexico
    Ezra Furman
    Simple Minds
    La Galaxie
    mew
    The boy with the arab strap
    Eden

That's far too food I fear.
    What if we take out Hot Chip(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Just a thought...is there a chance they just announce something like the Other Voices stage or similar and not the main bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

LowOdour wrote: »
    Just a thought...is there a chance they just announce something like the Other Voices stage or similar and not the main bill?

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I wonder will they announce all the headliners like last year in the first go. I keep hearing things that say 'the first of the headline acts' will be announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

LowOdour wrote: »

This would be hilarious. The explosion on Facebook would be worth the price of the ticket to watch.

"Who the hell are Saint Sister, I'm selling my ticket!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What if we take out Hot Chip(s)?

It's not Electric Picnic without at least one member of Hot Chip floating around.

I would expect the Hot Chip Megamix that is doing the rounds in the UK to show up at EP, actually.

---

I'm bad at predictions but, here we go for acts I reckon potentially on the list. Should be a lot of crossover with other lists/fest. This obviously doesn't cover the lot - there will be other headline acts with these, I just don't know who.

One of Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick Lamar
    St Vincent
    Vampire Weekend
    MIA
    Bjork
    London Grammar
    Chvrches
    Snow Patrol

I wouldn't be surprised to see a poster with Arctic Monkeys or Kendrick Lamar on its own on the topline, with Bjork * Snow Patrol * Vampire Weekend on the second tier under it, indicating the top four acts. They could add another one of this size then in the second announcement.

Add to that your nostalgia act toward the top of the bill and a heap of decent Irish acts.

There will also be a smattering of more pop-leaning stuff, as has been the case in the last few years, but I wouldn't be best placed to guess who that is.

And, finally, I reckon it'll be a strong female presence on the initial announcement at least. Festivals everywhere have been hammered for being so male-dominated in the last few years and a few have made a bit of an effort in this sense this year. Maybe not on the very top line but certainly quite a few female-led acts and solo female acts and I would expect EP to do the same, especially after the announcement of the female-only comedy event on the Thursday night. Already an acknowledgement that they could do better in terms of placement so would expect that to carry over.

Leak around 6/7pm today, too, if we are taking bets on that. Media event is ~11.15am tomorrow, presumably a presser and chat before it all goes live just before the midday news cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hot chip megamix are doing all together now aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I think if Vampire Weekend were listed, I might not care about anything else! I stumbled upon them a few years ago when Modern Vampires of the city (or whatever it's called!) came out. Heard their name around a lot, and had thought I should check them out. Their first album must be one of the best first albums ever!
    Bizarrely/stupidly, thought they'd be either gothic or EMO! Think it was the name! For me, perhaps one of the single best discoveries in last few years! C'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It's not Electric Picnic without at least one member of Hot Chip floating around.

I would expect the Hot Chip Megamix that is doing the rounds in the UK to show up at EP, actually.

---

I'm bad at predictions but, here we go for acts I reckon potentially on the list. Should be a lot of crossover with other lists/fest. This obviously doesn't cover the lot - there will be other headline acts with these, I just don't know who.

One of Arctic Monkeys and Kendrick Lamar
    St Vincent
    Vampire Weekend
    MIA
    Bjork
    London Grammar
    Chvrches
    Snow Patrol

I wouldn't be surprised to see a poster with Arctic Monkeys or Kendrick Lamar on its own on the topline, with Bjork * Snow Patrol * Vampire Weekend on the second tier under it, indicating the top four acts. They could add another one of this size then in the second announcement.

Add to that your nostalgia act toward the top of the bill and a heap of decent Irish acts.

There will also be a smattering of more pop-leaning stuff, as has been the case in the last few years, but I wouldn't be best placed to guess who that is.

And, finally, I reckon it'll be a strong female presence on the initial announcement at least. Festivals everywhere have been hammered for being so male-dominated in the last few years and a few have made a bit of an effort in this sense this year. Maybe not on the very top line but certainly quite a few female-led acts and solo female acts and I would expect EP to do the same, especially after the announcement of the female-only comedy event on the Thursday night. Already an acknowledgement that they could do better in terms of placement so would expect that to carry over.

Leak around 6/7pm today, too, if we are taking bets on that. Media event is ~11.15am tomorrow, presumably a presser and chat before it all goes live just before the midday news cycle.

Did London Grammar not play main stage last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Django Django were added to Beatyard so I'd say that rules them out.
    St. Germain also announced for Beatyard. They would have been so awesome. I think I wore out my CD of Tourist listening to it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mgkelly wrote: »
    I think if Vampire Weekend were listed, I might not care about anything else! I stumbled upon them a few years ago when Modern Vampires of the city (or whatever it's called!) came out. Heard their name around a lot, and had thought I should check them out. Their first album must be one of the best first albums ever!
    Bizarrely/stupidly, thought they'd be either gothic or EMO! Think it was the name! For me, perhaps one of the single best discoveries in last few years! C'mon!

Agreed. A very special, unique band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Campervan tickets sold out?

Hot chip megamix are doing all together now aren't they?
    Did London Grammar not play main stage last year.

Scratch both from my list, then! I wasn't aware.

The big, breakout Irish act of this year's line-up will be Dermot Kennedy, too, I reckon. He may not be included in the first tranche of acts but he's building quite the profile on the back of his live shows and has "massive crowd at 5.30pm on Sunday afternoon" written all over him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

any line-up leaks yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

showpony1 wrote: »
    any line-up leaks yet?

:rolleyes:

any line-up leaks yet?

Daft Punk, David Bowie hologram, Radiohead and Prince.

Bunch of nobodies. Selling my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

If there going for the female heavy announcement, from doing minimal research.... I could see

St Vincent
    Chvrches (maybe)
    Joan Jett (unlikely but who knows?)
    Wolf Alice
    The Breeders
    And Florence as an outside bet

Of course this will be along with AM, Kendrick etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Once Pete Pamf plays I'll be happy!

Would love a decent kicking band on the friday night - like Chemical Bros in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Scratch both from my list, then! I wasn't aware.

The big, breakout Irish act of this year's line-up will be Dermot Kennedy, too, I reckon. He may not be included in the first tranche of acts but he's building quite the profile on the back of his live shows and has "massive crowd at 5.30pm on Sunday afternoon" written all over him!
    not a fan of him, but he sold out the Olympia no bother, and is on the bill for several european/international festivals that I've noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm not sure the Arctic Monkeys are as likely as some of the rumors are making out, I wouldn't mind them but surely they'd be headlining Reading Leeds if they were about at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Once Pete Pamf plays I'll be happy!

Would love a decent kicking band on the friday night - like Chemical Bros in 2016.

Good shout even throw in the likes of MBV or Ride on a Friday, to kickstart the festival that would be class....

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

"...likes of MBV or Ride on a Friday...."
    .....begins to drool.....!!! 8-):woot:
    Could we have both, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Campervan tickets sold out?

They would have sold out waaay back last September within a few hours of being on sale as they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Kepler21 wrote: »
    St. Germain also announced for Beatyard. They would have been so awesome. I think I wore out my CD of Tourist listening to it so much.

They played Body & Soul last year or year before. They were alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Daft Punk, David Bowie hologram, Radiohead and Prince.

Bunch of nobodies. Selling my ticket.

you do know prince is also dead?

you do know prince is also dead?

With the right lights and makeup, you won't be able to tell, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Arctic Monkeys are as likely as some of the rumors are making out, I wouldn't mind them but surely they'd be headlining Reading Leeds if they were about at that time.

Have you looked at their tour dates? I think they're very likely. Ireland is one of the few places left in europe where they haven't announced a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

MadYaker wrote: »
    Paddy2012 wrote: »

Have you looked at their tour dates? I think they're very likely. Ireland is one of the few places left in europe where they haven't announced a gig.

Last date is 14th Aug so not too far away but I’d be a little surprised if they were announced. I think they fact they headlined a few years ago would count against them, ep don’t seem to bring back too many repeat headliners apart from the bigger dance acts.

Also on simple minds website they are down to play elsewhere the 3nights of ep so that rules them out, similar with Noel g he’s playing 2of the nights elsewhere.
    Really hard to predict this year but gonna take a little guess at some of these showing up

Kendrick Lamar
    St Vincent
    Kasabian
    Chvrches
    Wolf Alice
    Alt-J
    Paul weller
    Snow patrol/hozier maybe but I’m doubtful
    Chemical bros / prodigy
    Vampire weekend
    Lorde
    Stereophonics
    Ezra furman
    Gruff rhys
    Friendly fires
    Bonobo
    Lykke li
    Carl cox
    The kooks
    Annie Mac
    Shame
    Basement jazz dj set
    Young fathers
    James
    Happy Monday’s
    Feeder
    Razorlight
    Garbage.

Not particularly acts I want to see but just who’s playing nearby around those dates.

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Last date is 14th Aug so not too far away but I’d be a little surprised if they were announced. I think they fact they headlined a few years ago would count against them, ep don’t seem to bring back too many repeat headliners apart from the bigger dance acts.

Also on simple minds website they are down to play elsewhere the 3nights of ep so that rules them out, similar with Noel g he’s playing 2of the nights elsewhere.
    Really hard to predict this year but gonna take a little guess at some of these showing up

Kendrick Lamar
    St Vincent
    Kasabian
    Chvrches
    Wolf Alice
    Alt-J
    Paul weller
    Snow patrol/hozier maybe but I’m doubtful
    Chemical bros / prodigy
    Vampire weekend
    Lorde
    Stereophonics
    Ezra furman
    Gruff rhys
    Friendly fires
    Bonobo
    Lykke li
    Carl cox
    The kooks
    Annie Mac
    Shame
    Basement jazz dj set
    Young fathers
    James
    Happy Monday’s
    Feeder
    Razorlight
    Garbage.

Not particularly acts I want to see but just who’s playing nearby around those dates.

Razorlight is still a thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement