Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

My predictions from what I've heard off people so far, take with a pinch of salt as these are never 100% certs
    when I hear the day before:

Arctic Monkeys, London Grammar, MIA, Hozier, Grace Jones, David Guetta, Plan B, St. Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

showpony1 wrote: »
    My predictions from what I've heard off people so far, take with a pinch of salt as these are never 100% certs
    when I hear the day before:

Arctic Monkeys, London Grammar, MIA, Hozier, Grace Jones, David Guetta, Plan B, St. Vincent.

I reckon your source may be misinformed. Grace jones is in a stand alone gig in Trinity, London Grammar was last year,

But all the rest are plausible though i'd doubt Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Last date is 14th Aug so not too far away but I’d be a little surprised if they were announced. I think they fact they headlined a few years ago would count against them, ep don’t seem to bring back too many repeat headliners apart from the bigger dance acts.

Also on simple minds website they are down to play elsewhere the 3nights of ep so that rules them out, similar with Noel g he’s playing 2of the nights elsewhere.
    Really hard to predict this year but gonna take a little guess at some of these showing up

Kendrick Lamar
    St Vincent
    Kasabian
    Chvrches
    Wolf Alice
    Alt-J
    Paul weller
    Snow patrol/hozier maybe but I’m doubtful
    Chemical bros / prodigy
    Vampire weekend
    Lorde
    Stereophonics
    Ezra furman
    Gruff rhys
    Friendly fires
    Bonobo
    Lykke li
    Carl cox
    The kooks
    Annie Mac
    Shame
    Basement jazz dj set
    Young fathers
    James
    Happy Monday’s
    Feeder
    Razorlight
    Garbage.

Not particularly acts I want to see but just who’s playing nearby around those dates.

Razorlight is still a thing?

Yes. Unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Muireann O Connell just said she has exciting Electric Picnic news coming up on her show....

If she says the exciting news is that the line up is out tomorrow......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Who is she? What station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    ...David Guetta....

2FUst7k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

kg703 wrote: »
    Muireann O Connell just said she has exciting Electric Picnic news coming up on her show....

If she says the exciting news is that the line up is out tomorrow......:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

kg703 wrote: »

Today FM

I'm just about to head out for lunch so will probably miss the exciting news of the line up being out tomorrow. Or maybe shes giving away tickets.

Fill me in anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

MadYaker wrote: »
    Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Arctic Monkeys are as likely as some of the rumors are making out, I wouldn't mind them but surely they'd be headlining Reading Leeds if they were about at that time.

Have you looked at their tour dates? I think they're very likely. Ireland is one of the few places left in europe where they haven't announced a gig.
    They've no English dates yet either and apparently turned down Reading and Leeds to do their own shows I just think it might be the same with EP and they'll play their own show a bit later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

David Guetta 😂😂😂😂

I really hope I don't eat those words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Dua lipa!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    They've no English dates yet either and apparently turned down Reading and Leeds to do their own shows I just think it might be the same with EP and they'll play their own show a bit later in the year.

It’s been 5 years since they played and they’re playing festivals and their own shows all over Europe. You could be right though, all this guessing is starting to stress me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Whoever said Franz Ferdinand, I think they’re out because they’re supporting Killers at RDS.

However, Franz Ferdinand AND Chvrches are supporting Killers in Glasgow in July, and Chvrches were not included in RDS lineup. Which makes me think they’re certs for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

What was the exciting news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

As far as I could make out it was that Muireann talks a load of absolute ****e and favours a "final solution" for people who break up via text.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Aha right well at least her responses to such things are measured :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Rfrip wrote: »
    Dua lipa!

Was this the big news?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    As far as I could make out it was that Muireann talks a load of absolute ****e and favours a "final solution" for people who break up via text.

**** it - I will wait until tomorrow to find out.

Nothing is worth having to listen to that tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was this the big news?

Today fm tweeted about it,..gif of her winking

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Entertainment.ie has a teaser "could these bands be in the lineup" article:

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/5-acts-you-could-see-on-tomorrows-Electric-Picnic-2018-line-up-announcement/403163.htm

I'd say it's more likely that they took the info from forums like this rather than having any inside knowledge. They say:

Arctic Monkeys
    St Vincent
    Lorde
    Vampire Weekend
    Depeche Mode

• Advertisement

last year I think The XX was the only band on the poster that was expected, will be interesting to see if same happens again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Entertainment.ie has a teaser "could these bands be in the lineup" article:

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/5-acts-you-could-see-on-tomorrows-Electric-Picnic-2018-line-up-announcement/403163.htm

I'd say it's more likely that they took the info from forums like this rather than having any inside knowledge. They say:

Arctic Monkeys
    St Vincent
    Lorde
    Vampire Weekend
    Depeche Mode

I’d be very happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Mode in Stradbally is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

It 100% looks like they pulled that from this forum, had they of said Kendrick or they who shall not be named i'd of been certain of it haha

St. Vincent, Depeche Mode and Jimmy Somerville and i'd be chuffed, rumor has it Jimmy has self-confirmed

AM are an alright booking, like I can see why you would book, they've just been disappointing every time I've seen them....maybe it's me

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

If it’s really DM then fair play EP, you have officially blown my mind

any definitive news?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mhersee1

So, did Today FM actually announce anything or was it all rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Are that pairing not mutually inclusive?

AM are an alright booking, like I can see why you would book, they've just been disappointing every time I've seen them....maybe it's me

I think they play a lot of their current material live so don't get much of the album tracks from the first album which is mainly what i'd like to hear! I saw them in 2010 and it was great

• Advertisement

I contacted the show. They came back to me. Basically they said there was a giveaway tomorrow on their show connected to the EP. i.e. nothing to do with a line up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement