Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Talking to a lad in the know there , this the lineup tomorrow

Arctic monkeys
    Muse
    Bloc party
    Chromeo
    The streets
    Miiike snow
    Chvrches
    Schoolboy Q
    Ice cube
    Hudson Mohawk
    Rustie
    Vitalic
    Vampire weekend

I'd happily take Vampire Weekend and The Streets.
    Nothing else excites me, though if I got in to Ice Cube the same way as I did ATCQ last year then that would no bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I did not know that. How did I not know that?

I'm getting older and more out of touch every year.

A lot of us had noticed this, but we didn't want to say. Actually I did want to say, but the other guys persuaded me not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would be surprised and kind of happy if that turned out to be true. It would definitely be a strong lineup but some very random names in there that don't seem to be playing many other festivals.. guess we will find out in 15 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ice Cube :D

The only thing making me doubt this is the fact that no one else is saying it, but there's no one on that lineup that couldn't play EP though, I'd be happy with that announcement tbh. If FR / LN / MCD where disclosing the lineup, it would be errrawhere by now.

I had thought Bloc Party went back to sleep though?

Reckon there’s gotta a Bjork, Lorde, St V, fLaurence etc near/at the top of the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

A few of the acts like Bloc Party, Rustie and Miike Snow aren't touring but that still doesn't make it false, EP does sometimes get acts at the start of their tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I’m assuming a midday announcement tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah, can't really see Ice Cube or Bloc Party playing tbh. Muse also seem an unlikely shout. It'd be a decent lineup if true though, Rustie and Hudmo are always great live, Vampire Weekend were the best band at Longitude in 2013, have always wanted to see the Streets despite the dodgy last few albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Unless a better line than 'a mate of mine" is used I'll assume it's all guesswork

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I don't know, having acts like Bloc Party and Ice Cube on there is so random I suspect it could actually be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Apart from yer wan in Chvrches, it's a bit of a sausage party isint it? If it was real though, that would be one of the strongest festival line ups I've seen for this year.

Johnny Marr has new album out also, i'd expect him to pop up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Kepler21 wrote:
    St. Germain also announced for Beatyard. They would have been so awesome. I think I wore out my CD of Tourist listening to it so much.

Were really good live at B&S year before last.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I hate when people post something like that and say that the source is "in the know", what the fcuk does that mean? Does he work for festival republic? At least tell us how this guy has knowledge so we can judge whether it's likely to be accurate or not. I think a few of those names will probably be right but there's no way were getting AM and Muse. Plus Bloc Party are not currently active so your friend doesn't seem to know a whole lot. I doubt their coming out of hiatus to play EP. We might get Kele Okereke I suppose (bloc party frontman) I think he's doing a bit of solo stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

With all due respect to Reggie's mate, I'm still going to bed dreaming of Dave Gahan the same way I dreamt of that wind-up Evel Knievel yoke Christmas Eve 1977. They told me that was impossible too. Dream smaller, they said. Out of your league, they said. Well Santa came through for me then. Don't be afraid to dream big, folks.
    See ye tomorrow for the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

If Reggie posted Kendrick Lamar, I wouldve believed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

If Reggie posted Kendrick Lamar, I wouldve believed it.
    He crucially left out the Coronas. That's when I smelt a rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Arctic monkeys
    Muse
    Bloc party
    Chromeo
    The streets
    Miiike snow
    Chvrches
    Schoolboy Q
    Ice cube
    Hudson Mohawk
    Rustie
    Vitalic
    Vampire weekend

Miike snow,ice cube and rustie aren't touring and I can't see them paying for both am and muse

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

My predictions are, Noel Gallaghers HFB, Pet Shop Boys, Kendrick (Not a fan but will be shocked if he doesn't play tbh) and of course Arctic Monkeys. Once Walking on Cars stay away, i'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

if i got ice cube id wet myself ... we wont .. my jocks are safe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I had a fairly reliable source last year too. His “insider knowledge” turned out to be horsesh1t too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Good chance that "Garbage" might play as well, looking at the tour schedule, they are playing at Edinburgh Festival on September 4th, so theres a bit of room there for an appearance, would be nice....

Would love if that happened but I fear it's more a case of Manson starting the tour in her home town. Please EP, prove me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Burgerbuns11

Ben Howard possibly?? Or tame impala???

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Jaysus I'd love another dose of Impala

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Arctic monkeys
    Muse
    Bloc party
    Chromeo
    The streets
    Miiike snow
    Chvrches
    Schoolboy Q
    Ice cube
    Hudson Mohawk
    Rustie
    Vitalic
    Vampire weekend

Artic.. Snow.. Ice... weekend?

You sure he doesn't just work in MET Eireann and it's a cryptic forecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Happy announcement day! Next 4 hours cant go quick enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I'm thinking Ben is a possibility now after his teaser on insta yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Listening to the radio this morning, they actually guessed Beyonce and JayZ :D:D:D

Ian Dempsey was like em I dont think thats the type who plays EP and yer wan goes 'oh no Beyonces played already'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

So today fm think oxegen and ep are the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Uuughhh hate the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

kg703 wrote: »
    Listening to the radio this morning, they actually guessed Beyonce and JayZ :D:D:D

Ian Dempsey was like em I dont think thats the type who plays EP and yer wan goes 'oh no Beyonces played already'

Ah yeah I remember that fest, fell on a leap year on the twelfthteenth of Nevereverber.

The fireworks were exploding water and we ate snozzleberries off each others kneepits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Is TodayFM still a thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement