Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Field Music!, St. V, Garbage, Friendly Fires, Chvrches YES YES YES

Yer man Clementine will be worth a look, he's a bit.. out there, Wolf Alice I don't know much of their stuff but what i've heard is alright.

Headliners, meh, not seen Massive since the early 90s and they were ****e then, Nerd and Lemur I have not got a breeze about.

Inner Circle? Is that the **** cod reggae crew? - update, yes yes it is, a 45 minute set with the theme tune to COPS, bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do? **** right off that's what

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

The undercard is considerably worse than last year in my opinion, hopefully the other announcements have some decent acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Very surprised to see the Kooks so high up that list. Are they still that popular here?
    bizarre to see them above the likes of Chvrches, who I'd have said are London Grammar-sized/main stage sub possibilities.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm looking forward to seeing King Krule. But I'd rather see him in a smaller venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Inner Circle? Is that the **** cod reggea crew?
    Alalalala long??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Dua Lipa will keep the kids very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Field Music!, St. V, Garbage, Friendly Fires, Chvrches YES YES YES

Yer man Clementine will be worth a look, he's a bit.. out there, Wolf Alice I don't know much of their stuff but what i've heard is alright.

Headliners, meh, not seen Massive since the early 90s and they were ****e then, Nerd and Lemur I have not got a breeze about.

Inner Circle? Is that the **** cod reggae crew?

Yep - Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Jaysus that is brutal.

Gonna head over the FB to watch the carnage...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Last year top 3 were announced as headliners not the same this year wouldn't be surprised if another big act was announced later like Blur a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Pretty delighted with most of that line up.. Kendrick doesn't do it for me at all but Wolf Alice has made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Mr Duckworth ahhhhhhh soak it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s seriously lacking electronic/dance I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well at least I got Garbage right, g'wan there Shirley.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's a very poor lineup for me on first glance. Only one I'd be interested in seeing is Massive Attack and they're quite chilled. Where's the big dance acts?

Reckon I'll be selling my tickets and going to ATN instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Happy with Massive Attack and NERD... the rest... not so much...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

How on earth have the Kooks managed to (a) return. and (b) get relatively high back on to a festival bill?

Decent headliners I would think, but missing a knock out one really. If Massive Attack do the show they did in London 2 years ago, it could be amazing, but first year I've chosen not to go in a long time.

Very happy with St Vincent, Friendly Fires, NERD, Garbage, Massive Attack, Kooks and Wolf Alice too.

I'm sure I will get to know a fair few of the undercards. Plus, there will be another 2 announcements or so - no doubt they will have others that will tickle my fancy.

BRING IT ON I say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I am thrilled with Chvrches. Hopefully a decent slot for them not too early on main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Dodged a ball with no Kasabian/Snow Patrol etc. So theres that.

Jorja Smith tho. **Vic Reeves thighrub**

Kendrick is where the money's gone, clearly.

Weepsie wrote: »
    How on earth have the Kooks managed to (a) return. and (b) get relatively high back on to a festival bill?

Decent headliners I would think, but missing a knock out one really. If Massive Attack do the show they did in London 2 years ago, it could be amazing, but first year I've chosen not to go in a long time.

they have a new album which got critical acclaim, decent string of hits and played the Olympia for one if not two nights recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Garbage, Wolf Alice, Chvrches, Friendly Fires, Massive Attack, am v happy with that, moaners to the back please, be off with you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

is this deffo kosher?

its a great start IMO
    NERD will be savage
    the mid tier acts later in the year are usually "my bag"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

everlast75 wrote: »
    they have a new album which got critical acclaim, decent string of hits and played the Olympia for one if not two nights recently.

The album got panned quite a lot too. I feel it must be a nostalgia thing. I'd have said the same for Friendly Fires, but they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

haitens wrote: »
    Last year top 3 were announced as headliners not the same this year wouldn't be surprised if another big act was announced later like Blur a few years ago
    I don't see any of them announced explicitly as headliners by EP, but Ticketmaster have said they're the headliners.
    wouldn't be expecting anyone bigger tbh, going on the last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Looks like the money was spunked on Kendrick. He'll be brilliant live though if he's your bag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Dua Lipa will keep the kids very happy

Dua Lipa can p**s off

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Why are all three headliners hip/hop and rap? That's over doing it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Dua Lipa can p**s off

The place will be awash with fake tan. More so than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Why are all three headliners hip/hop and rap? That's over doing it imo

Massive Attack will be surprised to hear they have had their genre changed from electronic.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Right me fingers and toes have been uncrossed, was hoping The Mode would be on the bill. Overall its actually not a bad lineup, acts i would definitley like to see are on it but I'd say there could be another headliner that could slot into the bill as well.............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement