Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dua Lipa seems to be by far the most popular act going by the fb comments. EP know their audience these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Dua Lipa can p**s off

The place will be awash with fake tan. More so than other years.
    It’s pretty streaky looking by the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Massive Attack will be surprised to hear they have had their genre changed from electronic.:rolleyes:

Wikipedia says Trip hop, a fusion between hip/hop and electronica

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Friendly Fires funkathon incoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Wikipedia says Trip hop, a fusion between hip/hop and electronica

1. Triphop is a subgenre
    2. There is no such a genre as electronica, it was a made up by cluesless yank journos in the 90s and died in the early 00s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Ok someone get a playlist going!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Right me fingers and toes have been uncrossed, was hoping The Mode would be on the bill. Overall its actually not a bad lineup, acts i would definitley like to see are on it but I'd say there could be another headliner that could slot into the bill as well.............

Don't hold your breath for another headline act.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm really happy with Kendrick Lamar, St Vincent, King Krule, Massive Attack, Mount Kimbie (a King Krule cameo must be on the cards), NERD, Chvrches. I like Wolf Alice too but thought they underwhelmed a bit last time. If there is another big headliner to come then Arctic Monkeys are possibly still in with a shout.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

KENDRICK LAMAR MASSIVE ATTACK N.E.R.D

DUA LIPA - BEN HOWARD - ST. VINCENT - KING KRULE
    GEORGE EZRA - THE KOOKS - JUNGLE - WOLF ALICE
    CHVRCHES - NINA KRAVIZ - CIGARETTES AFTER SEX - FRIENDLY FIRES
    GARBAGE - DERMOT KENNEDY - BENJAMIN CLEMENTINE - SIGRID
    JESSIE WARE - JORJA SMITH - MOUNT KIMBIE - TOM MISCH
    THE BLAZE - STEFFLON DON - PEGGY GOU
    YXNG BANE - FIELD MUSIC - ALEXIS TAYLOR - SEVDALIZA
    LUCY DACUS - LA FEMME - INNER CIRCLE - JORDAN RAKEI
    RAYE - GANG OF YOUTHS - NILUFER YANYA - SCARLXRD
    YELLOW DAYS - HAK BAKER - TOM TRIPP

gotta say, im pretty much delighted with that first announcment.

Kendrik, MA and NERD are excellent headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Decent if not mindblowing announcement. Some smaller name gems like Benjiman Clematine & La Femme in there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Don't hold your breath for another headline act.

Nah, i'll just cross the toes and fingers again..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I see they're going with that stupid lake swimming nonsense again! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Mr.S wrote: »
    Good first announcement IMO.

Massive Attack / NERD came out of nowhere, didn’t see one prediction with them in it, gas.

Has a nice balance and could have done a lot worse.

Plenty of people predicted NERD in here, Massive Attack though :p

Loads of people had said NERD to be fair, I had hope they would turn up.

No chance of another headliner - those are three big ones. Maybe an 'elbow' type announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Pretty happy with that announcement, definitely holding onto my ticket :D

But what's with the Berlin theme?? What can they do with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can appreciate the 3 at the top are big draws, but not really for me and not much going on under that either.

It's usually the 2nd & 3rd that flesh out the mid tier that make the lineup for me though

Meh, have my tix will wait for more names before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

SO WHEN IS THE SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT??

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oh really? I thought everyone was set on Arctic Monkeys!

The comments on Facebook under the announcement are gas.

I did think they would turn up to be fair. Would have preferred them to KL big time but RnB is not my thing anyway. They just played him on the radio and I think he would bore me to tears. Luckily, I'm sure someone awesome will be playing somewhere else at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

NERD are fantastic live. Bit meh overall though. Wouldn't be making me want a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Over 1000 comments already on facebook!

butthurt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'll take that as a first offering. Benjamin Clementine was brilliant a couple of years ago, delighted to see St. Vincent back and Massive Attack will be something to behold on the Saturday night. Looking forward to cranking up the spotify tonight and getting stuck in to the stuff I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I'm pretty happy with that initial line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

Any idea why Body & Soul is not listed? I note Other Voices isn't either

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

:O good spotting that! if they don't have them that'll be a massive disappointment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mimimcmc wrote: »
    :O good spotting that! if they don't have them that'll be a massive disappointment!

It is mentioned in the press release so I'd say it's there alright. No idea why it wouldn't be included in the poster, though.

Presser:
    As if it was only yesterday - and for some it possibly was - it's time to unpack your mind once more and let us take you to that place in the woods for Electric Picnic 2018.

The moment has come to put away the Protection of Winter and tune into a Massive Attack of music, culture, grooves and gastronomic delights at Stradbally Hall in the heart of County Laois this September. That's right. Sit Down, Be Humble cause this Electric Picnic feast is like no other offering. We know you've been Busy Earnin' so we've been busy buildin' a festival line-up that's gonna Be The One they'll all remember in 2018.

It's a place where magic catches up with reality and you can meet up with some old friends Body and Soul, Trenchtown, Salty Dog and Trailer Park, where Kooks roam the 600 acre estate next to some Friendly Fires and while it might be an hour from Dublin you're never far away from Budapest!

And if you are one of the 5000 early entry campers arriving on Thursday night, be prepared for lots of laughs in the tranquil wonderland haven of Hazelwood. Gather round the campfire as we bring you a very special comedy night, with an all - female line-up curated by Emily O'Callaghan. It's all part of our mission to bring more gender balance to the festival as part of our Rebalance programme launched by Festival Director Melvin Benn in August last year.

It's that kind of place - where nothing is dull and everything awaits.

Electric Picnic 2018 - the ultimate Irish festival that can promise to make you Only Happy When It Rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Am I wrong to be happy - I don't care - I'm happy with..............

Massive Attack/St. Vincent/The Kooks/Garbage/George Ezra - and I can't wait for a long listing of good Irish Acts.

But then again I'll see a lot of good Irish stuff at "It Takes a Village" Festival in April, in Corcaigh - where it all really happens :D

Somebody asked way back in a post - who are "Saint Sister" - all I can say is BRILLIANT - that's who they are - I saw them last year in Cork, they were just fantastic - such atmospheric music and with good lighting - surreal.

So second line up comes when................ J :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Lucy Dacus is worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Woah. Yeah, if they're gone, that would be a game changer. Surely we would have heard something by now though, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

That is the worst line up ever, having 3 headline acts that are rap/hiphop is shocking. Not everyone likes Rap, 1 headline act ok, but two?, I can live with massive attack ok but its all very sub standard. they ve made a mess of this big time! they re isn't a decent rock band in there at all unless you like (G)arbage!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nugget89 wrote: »
    There hasn't even been a fake poster saying it's being headlined by Conor McGregor and Storm Emma
    robbie02 wrote: »
    That is the worst line up ever, having 3 headline acts that are rap/hiphop is shocking. Not everyone likes Rap, 1 headline act ok, but two?, I can live with massive attack ok but its all very sub standard. they ve made a mess of this big time! they re isn't a decent rock band in there at all unless you like (G)arbage!:mad:

No big electronic act either. Very poor first announcement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement