Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Very much looking forward to seeing the Blaze live. Some very chilled electronica with a bit of a North African influence. They seem to bring a full AV show to festivals too so hopefully it’s the same scale at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quite a good line up

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

New editors album isn't bad, they should get them again.

Seen as the kooks playing they should get a few more bands from that era , maybe some Maximo park , the futureheads , the rakes (get them out of retirement)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Roger Daltrey has a new solo album out, heard some of it on Planet Rock last night, very soul oriented.

His last solo tour was brilliant and this year's line up could benefit from an elder statesman or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Too big a name to be announced now I’d think? If he was playing he’d surely headline. Could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

MadYaker wrote: »
    Too big a name to be announced now I’d think? If he was playing he’d surely headline. Could be wrong though.
    Well, Robert Plant was a sub headliner when he played a few years ago. I wouldnt be amazed to see Roger announced at the top of the next raft of announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Roger Daltrey has a new solo album out, heard some of it on Planet Rock last night, very soul oriented.

His last solo tour was brilliant and this year's line up could benefit from an elder statesman or two.

Ideal Sunday act if played a few who classics along with his own stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Would love to see Daltrey again. Was great with The Who a few years back in Marley Park. Would be great in EA but if he were to play I'm sure he would be put on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

patch wrote: »
    I guess that’s my concerns that they might not be great live, wiped out. Hearing teardrop live will be awesome.

They are brilliant live. This will be the 4th time I'll have seen them in 11 years. Wanna be someone decent for me to miss them

Could benefit from more than an elder statesman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

declanleo wrote: »
    Could benefit from more than an elder statesman.

i was thinking similar for old legacy acts, the John Forgerty and Steve Miller gig that got announced for Dublin just before the EP launch, would loved to have seen them on the bill too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

New editors album isn't bad, they should get them again.

Seen as the kooks playing they should get a few more bands from that era , maybe some Maximo park , the futureheads , the rakes (get them out of retirement)

Nah. They weren't anything special in the 00s, they're hardly likely to have improved since spending a decade in the wilderness.

I'm glad to have seen the back of the mediocre to ****e indie of the last decade. I'll take the mediocre to ****e pop/r n b of today anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is pretty amazing, will probably check her out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Half page ad for the Picnic in the Indo today and no mention of Body&Soul. Something weird going on there if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Jeez, BD, that is some video! And yes, quite a song. Bodes well. As a lot of people have alluded to, if one explores a little, there is some very good stuff in the initial announcement. 
    As for the complaint that 'not much electronica' - jeez, there seems to be loads of it. This is one excellent example, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is really cool, ill definitely try and see her.

Jorja Smith sounds good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yeah if they do get rid of it Other Voices should be bigger. But hope they don't for me B&S is a big part of the picnic
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Noticed that.

Sloppy creative work or are B&S pulling back and reducing their presence at the festival?

They are still going to be there (still on the website, and they're on the press release) but it's a bit odd they took them off any ads / posters.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they tone it down and eventually pull out, they have their own festival which is now essentially an early-days EP.

If they do tone it down a bit, I hope they move Other Voices into that area as well, such a shame they shove them into the forrest on that tiny setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Started checking out the acts on the line up I didn't know.. Really liking Gang of Youths and absolutely LOVING Hak Baker.

One of those inconsistencies between posters for the festival- Sleaford Mods are on the one St Vincent posted on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Still Ill wrote: »
    Started checking out the acts on the line up I didn't know.. Really liking Gang of Youths and absolutely LOVING Hak Baker.

Oh! Username copyright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    One of those inconsistencies between posters for the festival- Sleaford Mods are on the one St Vincent posted on facebook.

Was there anything else different? Seems to be the same now

Just Sleaford Mods I'm afraid. Bit of a come down from Phoenix last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

True but v.early days yet, what ever about Phoenix, elbow were not announced till later still.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Just Sleaford Mods I'm afraid. Bit of a come down from Phoenix last year.
    Sleaford Mods are maybe the sort of band that are better in small doses but they're great live and would be definitely worth checking out if they do get added (even if you end up hating them it's hard not to be impressed by their conviction)

Saw a bit of them at Glastonbury and just found it completely surreal. Like wandering into a lock-in where the drunkest lads have just started rapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

BadTurtle wrote:
    Saw a bit of them at Glastonbury and just found it completely surreal. Like wandering into a lock-in where the drunkest lads have just started rapping.

Yes but we have a better local homegrown version with more humour but still on message in Jinx Lennon. Not to be missed live for sheer anger , energy and humour in well balanced amounts. "
    Forgive the C**ts!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Check out The Blaze. Nice electronic music and fantastic music videos

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Bloc party playing 3 arena in October , just announced it there . Would've loved them at EP 😀

LG1234 wrote: »
    Check out The Blaze. Nice electronic music and fantastic music videos

Quite like them,will be added to spotify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Thom Yorke has announced a solo European tour.
    May-June.
    Only one festival on the list- Sonar in Barcelona.
    No Irish dates.
    Radiohead might still be a possibility :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement