Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

thebusher wrote: »
    Mr.S wrote: »

40+ year olds having a midlife crisis, bringing their kids along for validation

Oi!

40+ (nearer to 50)  Love our music and getting away from kids!

:-)
    LOL! Fits my demographic perfectly! I'm 48, only started to go to EP in my early 40's. 
    I would initially have wanted to suck the kids in (for validation, as someone else said!), but they show no inclination - "why would I sleep in a tent in a field" (an element of insight there!).
    So, I now go for the sheer unadulterated joy of it & to discover new stuff & mostly, to escape a little. Food always good, too! 
    Ah, I'm getting the longing, now....!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

18-21 year olds who go regardless of lineup

And a few stragglers in between who go for the few acts they like on the bill ;)

40+ too and it's my 3 nights away from the kids... Hoping to stretch it to the 4 nights this year :D

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm a fan too and actually thought the same, I was further back though so wonder if it sound was better closer to the stage.

They were one of my highlights in 2016.. I was very close to front and sounded good to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

King Kong Kompany for electric arena again?? Hopfully not on an early afternoon either although salty dog at 1am was also good

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

They were quite good last year - never heard them before! Bit mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They aren't amazing musicians but they have so much energy. I saw them in the Roisin Dubh in Galway a few months ago and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't say this about every band but they are defenitely a band much better enjoyed pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Keep missing them each time they are on, determined to get to see them this year if they’re playing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah Jesus lads - KKK are the EP! :D

Saw them every time they played. It ain't the same without them - mental :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

18-21 year olds who go regardless of lineup

And a few stragglers in between who go for the few acts they like on the bill ;)

40-something no kids and go to festivals, clubs more than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm heading for 48. Ffs. Turns out we're the demographic. Who knew?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Will be 46 come EP time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm heading for 48. Ffs. Turns out we're the demographic. Who knew?

Can only speak for myself but when regular "life" passes you by/doesn't work out you get a free pass to live as a much younger person if you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm 53 myself. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Hang on. Were there ever any teenagers in here. Could we have all showed up and had to kick ourselves.....

Its like the end of Planet of the Apes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Hang on. Were there ever any teenagers in here. Could we have all showed up and had to kick ourselves.....

I'm 24 myself, so I guess that defaults me to resident kicking bag...

Unless anyone here is younger and would like to volunteer themselves....no?....just me?....alright then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

43, but giving it a miss this year.
    Will get the cheapo tickets next year, in case there's a savage line up, but will most likely head to ATN instead, if the reports are positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    King Kong Kompany for electric arena again?? Hopfully not on an early afternoon either although salty dog at 1am was also good

The gig in the EA was great (albeit too early) but it was 2.30am on the Sunday before they came on the salty dog and the start of the three day hangover was really kicking in.... late night saturday in the EA would be perfect.

They are great fun and really enjoyable live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

More negging on parents w/ kids. How *very* boardsdotie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wooderson wrote: »
    More negging on parents w/ kids. How *very* boardsdotie.

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I'm 29... I think the teenagers show up here in August, with all the queries "which is the best campsite?", "what should I bring?", "where do I go for a kicking?" etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I'm 29... I think the teenagers show up here in August, with all the queries "which is the best campsite?", "what should I bring?", "where do I go for a kicking?" etc..

....I actually wouldn't mind some of those answers myself

Best Campsite is Cocktail Cocktail
    All you really need is a gum-shield to protect you from the kicking
    As to where for the kicking....I'm sure there will be kickings wherever they are :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

52. And looking forward to another couple of decades of festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Im 45 and got Sunday tickets for the folks, who have never been to the festival, were lucky that we only live down the road, but should be an eye opener for the folks (who are in their 70's!!!!), I've downloaded some of Kendrick Lamarrs stuff for the mother, ah well, cant wait for the reaction ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Im 45 and got Sunday tickets for the folks, who have never been to the festival, were lucky that we only live down the road, but should be an eye opener for the folks (who are in their 70's!!!!), I've downloaded some of Kendrick Lamarrs stuff for the mother, ah well, cant wait for the reaction ha ha!

Haha! Brilliant! I'd love to bring my folks but unless I could afford to pay for boutique super duper camping it would never happen. Also in their 70s and like their comfort.

Could imagine me and my ma sitting there drinking wine from a plastic bottle though, she'd love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Jaysus pensioner city on here
    (ill be 45 by the picnic)

we should lobby for a sherry & scones area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

37 (with kids). Went to the Picnics in the mid to late noughties then had to stop due to kids. Got back going again from 2015 (thank God for Grandparents).

Looking likely I'll be selling my ticket (& Pink Moon) this year & heading to ATN instead. Their lineup is more appealing. Will probably turn me off festivals for life having to camp in the normal campsites again :pac:

Jaysus pensioner city on here
    (ill be 45 by the picnic)

we should lobby for a sherry & scones area!

There's a grand tea tent in B&S which is great for a rest at my age.. Packet of hob nobs in the bag and I'm revitalised ...

Really hope B&S remains.. All joking of age aside I find it very relaxing and laid back compared to some of the "cocktail cocktail" area's... Always loads of spots to sit, have a beer and watch the world go by...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

first festival in my 40's.... i pray to good i get the eco campsite again :)

Snarky Snark Snark

If you make fresh scones before the festival, freeze them and pop them into your cool bag, they should be grand over the weekend. Would need to pop them in a lunch box though to stop them being squashed by the cans

Note: I am not adding baking tips to the festival Q&A list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

jobless wrote: »
    first festival in my 40's.... i pray to good i get the eco campsite again :)

Sell me the eco campsite there, I'm thinking of going for it :)

Only thing putting me off was seeing how close it was to the rave last year, I'd say nobody got a wink of shleep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement