Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Get earplugs. I always bring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cplzeus

19 here. Please don't kick me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Cplzeus wrote: »
    19 here. Please don't kick me

you-watch-your-ass.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Sell me the eco campsite there, I'm thinking of going for it :)

Only thing putting me off was seeing how close it was to the rave last year, I'd say nobody got a wink of shleep

Im also getting involuntarily moved from PM into normal camping and I want to go for ECO as well. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

kg703 wrote: »
    Haha! Brilliant! I'd love to bring my folks but unless I could afford to pay for boutique super duper camping it would never happen. Also in their 70s and like their comfort.

Could imagine me and my ma sitting there drinking wine from a plastic bottle though, she'd love it

I brought my da (72) the last 4 years and he loved it.
    It's gone a bit too packed and hectic for him now though, so he's jacked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Sell me the eco campsite there, I'm thinking of going for it :)

Only thing putting me off was seeing how close it was to the rave last year, I'd say nobody got a wink of shleep

We went to the Eco site last year. It is really chilled out, relatively quiet, very clean and pretty secure. It also seemed like we had more space.

You walk through the other sites to get to the main stage and you really notice how much cleaner it is.

Only drawback is the relative lack of food stalls. There was only one food stall and one coffee stall last year. They also close a lot earlier than the stalls in the other sites. Its not a deal breaker, but it did restrict you a fair bit.

The rave was fine. Friday i got locked and fell into a sleep that the devil wouldn't break, Saturday i went to the rave. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

21 and pondering a second picnic. Not quite enough to entice me as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

We went to the Eco site last year. It is really chilled out, relatively quiet, very clean and pretty secure. It also seemed like we had more space.

You walk through the other sites to get to the main stage and you really notice how much cleaner it is.

Only drawback is the relative lack of food stalls. There was only one food stall and one coffee stall last year. They also close a lot earlier than the stalls in the other sites. Its not a deal breaker, but it did restrict you a fair bit.

The rave was fine. Friday i got locked and fell into a sleep that the devil wouldn't break, Saturday i went to the rave. :D

I was in Chaplin last year so I was just across the way.. was it the same food stalls in chaplin that served the eco too or did ye have yer own?

Also what's the toilet situation? Do they make you use the compost toilet things or is it just run over to the toilets in chaplin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I was in Chaplin last year so I was just across the way.. was it the same food stalls in chaplin that served the eco too or did ye have yer own?

Also what's the toilet situation? Do they make you use the compost toilet things or is it just run over to the toilets in chaplin?

There are toilets just outside the eco site. They were grand. Probably a little better than the ones in other sites i've stayed in.

The food sites were in eco. Yep, we saw the Chaplain ones but i didnt head over there. To be honest, i had brought enough munchies with me and i was happy to eat most of my proper meals in Kinara Kitchen in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

21 and pondering a second picnic. Not quite enough to entice me as of yet.

well you're no longer a teenager, so will avoid a kicking. What more do ya want? :pac:

• Advertisement

There are toilets just outside the eco site. They were grand. Probably a little better than the ones in other sites i've stayed in.

The food sites were in eco. Yep, we saw the Chaplain ones but i didnt head over there. To be honest, i had brought enough munchies with me and i was happy to eat most of my proper meals in Kinara Kitchen in the arena.

Ya the toilets in Chaplin were grand too, I can't remember ever having to queue..
    Think I shall apply for Eco camping so, thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Ya the toilets in Chaplin were grand too, I can't remember ever having to queue..
    Think I shall apply for Eco camping so, thanks for the info :)

Check out their facebook - they've already started giving out loyalty spots so Id say they will be opening general release soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

I was in Wilde last year, occasionally went towards Chaplin for the Toilets, some of them we're spotless, even towards the end of Sunday, which was very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the compost ones were an additional price, can't remember how much but didn't seem worth it at all.
    there was a row of about 10 regular portaloos just outside the Eco campsite entrance, and then all the Chaplin ones about 20 metres away too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m laughing at the ages!

Im a fresh 37... but once I’m parked up..sitting on me camping chair with the first can in the paw... my mental age is far far younger than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’m laughing at the ages!

Im a fresh 37... but once I’m parked up..sitting on me camping chair with the first can in the paw... my mental age is far far younger than that!!

38 and totally agree - as soon as tent is up & can in hand I shed a good 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

30. This'll be Picnic #8 if future announcements sway me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

optogirl wrote: »
    38 and totally agree - as soon as tent is up & can in hand I shed a good 15 years

Until Monday, when i take them back with interest and ponder where my life went wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

think this is my 7/8th picnic. Stayed in Janis the past 5 years . Never had much hassle at all. Last year though seemed a lot rowdier crowd then before so been thinking about the eco campsite. Anyone stayed in either and would recommend ??

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Until Monday, when i take them back with interest and ponder where my life went wrong :D

32 the week after the picnic this year... Or 31 going on 50 given the abuse I put my body through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Will be 46 for this years picnic...my 3rd in a row.

Having been to lots of stuff in my teens (and childhood- I could brag but won't), twenties, had kids in thirties and back now enjoying festivals again!

Last year we bumped into a lady (in her early 50s) and her mother... they go every year!

So far I love the lineup, have discovered 2/3 great acts that will be on the must see list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

optogirl wrote: »

lol... echo this sentiment

although i do PM camping,
    i wouldnt go otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

54, and on my 6th EP in a row.
    Brought both of my teenagers as they hit 18; eldest now won't stay with me, of course.

I stayed in ECO camping last year, and wouldn't go back to the normal one. It was much quieter and relaxed, less cramped, not quite a close to the arena as I would have liked but you can't have everything. You could hear the rave in the woods, but then you could hear it from Warhol where I camped in previous years. Earplugs helped.

The location might change this year, as their email said that they have been given a section of oak forest for the next 10 years, and Thomas Cosby has planted oak saplings in the area we will be camping in, because he knows they will be looked after. So not sure if its the area where the ECO camping was in previous years or somewhere else.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    The location might change this year, as their email said that they have been given a section of oak forest for the next 10 years, and Thomas Cosby has planted oak saplings in the area we will be camping in, because he knows they will be looked after. So not sure if its the area where the ECO camping was in previous years or somewhere else.

Bumped into Thomas Cosby a few years ago at it (2013 I think it was) what a jolly man! But he is so country I couldn't understand a word he was saying :o
    (this coming from someone who lives in Clare)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

have to say im enjoying seeing posters background....particularly the few ive gotten sage advice from on acts over the last 8 or 9 picnics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Kepler21 wrote: »
    54, and on my 6th EP in a row.
    Brought both of my teenagers as they hit 18; eldest now won't stay with me, of course.

I stayed in ECO camping last year, and wouldn't go back to the normal one. It was much quieter and relaxed, less cramped, not quite a close to the arena as I would have liked but you can't have everything. You could hear the rave in the woods, but then you could hear it from Warhol where I camped in previous years. Earplugs helped.

I didn't spot that in the email! Be interesting to see where they put us this year, I've been Eco camping the last few years and wouldn't go back to genpop either! My GF doesn't have the legs to go all night so we both feel safer her having that extra layer of security when I bop back out after walking her back to the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

"...My GF doesn't have the legs to go all night..."
    Taken out of context, that is a fraught statement. 
    As I said before:
    father-ted-careful-now.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭endainoz

Will be 32 for my 6th picnic this year. Graduated from Oxegen and never looked back, I'm sure a few posters here are in the same position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 suttree31

Stayed in the Eco campsite last year and luckily got a loyalty spot as well this year - couldn't recommend the place highly enough, as someone mentioned earlier, the difference was really evident when walking through the other sites on the way in.

The compost toilets were an extra €15 (I think) and are one of the best (only?) investments I've made in my life - spotless clean.

Staff and security in Eco were all pretty sound (seemed to be the case for all the security lads last year in fairness).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

everlast75 wrote: »
    well you're no longer a teenager, so will avoid a kicking. What more do ya want? :pac:

You'd wanna watch that mouth of yours before BenRob comes back and lays a beatdown :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement