Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'd wanna watch that mouth of yours before BenRob comes back and lays a beatdown :pac:

ha - tell that fecker I said hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

endainoz wrote: »
    Will be 32 for my 6th picnic this year. Graduated from Oxegen and never looked back, I'm sure a few posters here are in the same position.

Similar enough, did my first Oxegen in 2006 at 17 years old. First started going to EP 2010 and have only missed one year since!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I was in Chaplin last year so I was just across the way.. was it the same food stalls in chaplin that served the eco too or did ye have yer own?

Also what's the toilet situation? Do they make you use the compost toilet things or is it just run over to the toilets in chaplin?

Loowat toilets in Eco campsite €15 for a wristband and totally worth it, absolutely spotless, even had nice soap and moisturiser for your hands. There is also a Loowat in Warhol you can use with the wristband, also spotless, would definitely recommend investing in it

Loowat toilets in Eco campsite €15 for a wristband and totally worth it, absolutely spotless, even had nice soap and moisturiser for your hands. There is also a Loowat in Warhol you can use with the wristband, also spotless, would definitely recommend investing in it

I'm impressed! Although i'm not too fussed on the state of a toilet really, I just need to know they are in close proximity, nothing worse than walking a mile and then seeing a massive queue :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Toilets outside Eco seemed to be invisible to the rest of the site last year, were always in good shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

endainoz wrote: »
    Will be 32 for my 6th picnic this year. Graduated from Oxegen and never looked back, I'm sure a few posters here are in the same position.
    I'm impressed! Although i'm not too fussed on the state of a toilet really, I just need to know they are in close proximity, nothing worse than walking a mile and then seeing a massive queue :mad:

Agree with the loowatt. Got a band last year. Spotless, loads of soap and straightners and hairdryers for the ladies so you dont have to pay mental prices in the salon

gaffolino wrote: »
    Agree with the loowatt. Got a band last year. Spotless, loads of soap and straightners and hairdryers for the ladies so you dont have to pay mental prices in the salon

You've sold it for me!! Thanks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

You've sold it for me!! Thanks!! :D

I felt like I discovered the lost city of gold . Salon charged me a tenner for just a hairdryer for 10 mins one year. I'm not a vain lady but its nice to at least wash the hair over the wekend . Loads of mirrirs also. Keep an eye on there facebook page. Three of my mates won free weekend passes on it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kepler21 wrote: »
    54, and on my 6th EP in a row.
    Brought both of my teenagers as they hit 18; eldest now won't stay with me, of course.

I stayed in ECO camping last year, and wouldn't go back to the normal one. It was much quieter and relaxed, less cramped, not quite a close to the arena as I would have liked but you can't have everything. You could hear the rave in the woods, but then you could hear it from Warhol where I camped in previous years. Earplugs helped.

The location might change this year, as their email said that they have been given a section of oak forest for the next 10 years, and Thomas Cosby has planted oak saplings in the area we will be camping in, because he knows they will be looked after. So not sure if its the area where the ECO camping was in previous years or somewhere else.

my reading of it was the same field, plus some woodland too (although can't imagine they'll be putting tents in there any time soon!). not really sure how it would work with that path going towards Tour De Picnic area though, unless they're swapping them around and Eco has the end area.
    So, tickets are nearly sold out for the Picnic and we thought we would send a massive hello to you all and share with you some pictures of our new campsite! The owner of Stradbally Hall Thomas Cosby approached me after last year and was so impressed with how beautiful we kept our campsite over the weekend, he decided to give us a lovely baby Irish Oak forest. These 2/3-year-old oak trees are planted with space for tents between them, he feels that we as a community will look after them and I was absolutely honoured that he thought of us. So, we have the lovely field and part of a mature woodland too. We have this spot for the next ten years and have been given permission to sculpt the woodland over time to suit our eco woodland needs. We have a long term plan to cultivate it into an amazing woodland eco camp. The pictures are just a taste of what is in store for this beautiful space. I know you will all respect this special space and enjoy watching the oak trees grow over time. This means that we will need to cap the amount of people allowed to camp in this field as it is only a certain size. We don’t want to overpopulate and ruin that magical community vibe.

Lhubn86.jpg

kP1E4RH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

22 I've been to 5 picnics

Missing this year unfortunately but I'll be partying at ATN for yee folk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

That area with the new trees is directly opposite rave in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

22 I've been to 5 picnics

Missing this year unfortunately but I'll be partying at ATN for yee folk
    I'd have thought someone with name "sally cinnamon 89" would be older - assume it's a Stone Roses reference? Or, am I now showing my age?!

That area with the new trees is directly opposite rave in the woods
    do you mean the green unused area between Chaplin and Joplin on the map?

ep_2017_1800px_wide_public_map_2610_approved_30.8.17_v2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Similar enough, did my first Oxegen in 2006 at 17 years old. First started going to EP 2010 and have only missed one year since!

Remarkably similar to me, did Oxegen 2004-2009 then been doing EP more often than not since 2010. Been a good few Forbidden Fruits, Longitudes and Primaveras in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Interesting seeing the ages of all of the regular posters! You lot don't have bad taste in music for a bunch of auld ones :p

26 myself and 2018 will be my 6th picnic. I have many years left ahead of me if I am attempting to catch up with many on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Interesting seeing the ages of all of the regular posters! You lot don't have bad taste in music for a bunch of auld ones :p

26 myself and 2018 will be my 6th picnic. I have many years left ahead of me if I am attempting to catch up with many on this thread!

That’s exactly it, I often wonder when do I stop going but seems to be it’s not for a long time yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its weird for me first started doing the fests in the late 80s, mid nineties then had a break for ten years until I caught the festival bug again when Electric Picnic presented its mouthwatering 2005 lineup, missed 2006, but have been to every Picnic since then. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Moseley Folk Fest the same weekend as EP has a fair few acts that'd be welcome at EP & I'd expect a few - Jim White, Teenage Fanclub, Seamus Fogarty, Willy Mason, Jolie Holland, etc.

Also any updates on the Body & Soul situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I'm 53. I've been to every EP. The missus has had enough of it at this stage. To much walking from the campervan area. She sold the campervan and I bought a small 2 berth caravan which is great.

Wasn't too blown away by the lineup at first but have delved deep and there are some real gems in there.

Already looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There’s no way body and soul won’t be there.
    I have nothing factual to base this on of course only my gut and hope.

It’s a huge part of the picnic

• Advertisement

they're still on the radio ads as of yesterday....

Been there about 8 times out of the last 10 years.

Migrated to pink moon after 3 or so years in Hendrix and happy there.

Always managed to get caned each night and forget little bits but always enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

mgkelly wrote: »
    I'd have thought someone with name "sally cinnamon 89" would be older - assume it's a Stone Roses reference? Or, am I now showing my age?!

It is indeed, my dad influenced. If only they could play in time live

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

It is indeed, my dad influenced. If only they could play in time live
    I'm old enough to have seen bother iterations of them. One of my favourite bands ever. Fool's Gold probably my single favourite tune of all time. I hope you get to see them. Rumours seem to indicate they are on the wane again, but you never know with those lads. They were supposed to be doing an album, but the couple of things they released were not well received.
    Fingers crossed! ;)

I'm old enough to have seen bother iterations of them. One of my favourite bands ever. Fool's Gold probably my single favourite tune of all time. I hope you get to see them. Rumours seem to indicate they are on the wane again, but you never know with those lads. They were supposed to be doing an album, but the couple of things they released were not well received.
    Fingers crossed! ;)

Second time I've agreed with 100%. Kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

everlast75 wrote: »
    Second time I've agreed with 100%. Kudos!

Stone Roses are my absolute dream picnic booking. Would be so so perfect.

D.Q wrote: »
    Stone Roses are my absolute dream picnic booking. Would be so so perfect.

Saw them 3 times. Cork and Phoenix twice. Incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Saw them in The Phoenix and Marley Park. Both cracking gigs. Doubt they'll do the Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Snow Patrol announce Irish gigs for May
    Cork – Opera House 12th May

Killarney – INEC 14th May

Dublin – Olympia 15th May

Wexford – Opera House 16th May

Galway – Leisureland 18th May

Belfast – Ulster Hall 20th May

I'd say they'll be announced for picnic in June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

everlast75 wrote: »
    Saw them 3 times. Cork and Phoenix twice. Incredible

Saw them at the Etihad and marlay Park.

Dya know, the atmosphere was great both times, but I found the mix to be a little off. Everything way too quiet. At both shows, so I'd be inclined to think the problem is on their end and not venue issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement