Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Synode wrote: »
    Saw them in The Phoenix and Marley Park. Both cracking gigs. Doubt they'll do the Picnic

They've split.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

do you mean the green unused area between Chaplin and Joplin on the map?

ep_2017_1800px_wide_public_map_2610_approved_30.8.17_v2.png

If memory serves its the area between the thin end of chaplin and the main entrance arrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

declanleo wrote: »
    They've split.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

haitens wrote:
    I'd say they'll be announced for picnic in June

Just seen this and taught the exact same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

haitens wrote: »
    Snow Patrol announce Irish gigs for May
    Cork – Opera House 12th May

Killarney – INEC 14th May

Dublin – Olympia 15th May

Wexford – Opera House 16th May

Galway – Leisureland 18th May

Belfast – Ulster Hall 20th May

I'd say they'll be announced for picnic in June

"Following their sold out Irish tour, we are delighted to announced Snow Patrol have been added to the Electric Picnic lineup"

• Advertisement

If memory serves its the area between the thin end of chaplin and the main entrance arrow.
    that area is walkway and footpath :confused:
    the area to the right of that is mature woodland, this is a field with newly planted saplings, where the Eco campsite will be....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I see ATN has Prince's New Power Generation playing...

Could, just possibly, EP make the gig of Generation X happen?

The Revolution - Wendy, Lisa, Bobby Z, Eric Leeds, Dr Fink - are touring. Spring and thru to end of June US.

And free a certain weekend end August/September...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

optogirl wrote: »
    38 and totally agree - as soon as tent is up & can in hand I shed a good 15 years

35 and every green. The miraculous powers released upon the cracking open of the first can never cease to disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I see ATN has Prince's New Power Generation playing...

Could, just possibly, EP make the gig of Generation X happen?

The Revolution - Wendy, Lisa, Bobby Z, Eric Leeds, Dr Fink - are touring. Spring and thru to end of June US.

And free a certain weekend end August/September...
    That's why I'm going to both this year. My wife is a massive Prince fan. They'd be a great addition but we'll hardly get them for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

"Following their sold out Irish tour, we are delighted to announced Snow Patrol have been added to the Electric Picnic lineup"

Nobody needs eight (including 2 x north) bloody Snow Patrol gigs in a year in Ireland. Heard their new single on the radio this morning, sounds like Gary's been smoking 40 blue a day since the last album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Remarkably similar to me, did Oxegen 2004-2009 then been doing EP more often than not since 2010. Been a good few Forbidden Fruits, Longitudes and Primaveras in there too.

Ya I've also done quite a few Indiependences and Longitudes, One Body & Soul, one Download and one Doolin Folk Festival :o (I won the tickets..)

I always feel like I can't include Longitude because it's not camping...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

44 and have been to all EPs bar the first one (I was getting married). ATN looks like a nailed on certainty every year looking at this year's line up, but EP will remain so also..... so I may have to cut back on B&S and foreign festivals etc... or maybe not! You may have guessed we don't have kids! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah shure give me Feile any day, now that was a festival.................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My older brother went to this. I would have loved to have gone but was broke at the time.
    Fleadh Mor in Tramore 1993

huge_avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m 26 and have done nearly every EP since 2010 plus a few oxegens before that 06, 09 and another one I think? Can’t remember now.

My older brother went to this. I would have loved to have gone but was broke at the time.
    Fleadh Mor in Tramore 1993

huge_avatar

Wow, thats a brilliant lineup, cracking poster too....

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Ah shure give me Feile any day, now that was a festival.................

I found programs (A4 glossy printed thingys for you youngsters) for Feile 91 & 92 in a cupboard last month.

God knows how they survived, pretty sure our tent was robbed in 92 (by tent I mean the actual tent inc contents!).

Some lineups, was funny with people mentioning James as potential EP act having seen them in Thurles a gazillion years ago!.

Transvision Vamp on a sunny afternoon, now that was a sight to behold!

Sh*t you've forced me to drag up very old memories - I can recall as a 7 year old wandering around the first Anti Nuclear Carnsore Point festival in 1978...kids picking up plastic glasses at EP have a cushy number compared to back then!

whelzer wrote: »
    I found programs (A4 glossy printed thingys for you youngsters) for Feile 91 & 92 in a cupboard last month.

God knows how they survived, pretty sure our tent was robbed in 92 (by tent I mean the actual tent inc contents!).

Some lineups, was funny with people mentioning James as potential EP act having seen them in Thurles a gazillion years ago!.

Transvision Vamp on a sunny afternoon, now that was a sight to behold!

Sh*t you've forced me to drag up very old memories - I can recall as a 7 year old wandering around the first Anti Nuclear Carnsore Point festival in 1978...kids picking up plastic glasses at EP have a cushy number compared to back then!

Ah I have fond memories meself (well hazy ones, mind you), talking about tents been thrashed and robbed. I remember there was a bunch of girls at the campsite, this would have been in 92, where they had 2 tents trashed, one tent that they were sleeping in was beat to the ground, the other tent that had all their bags and clothes was burnt to the ground...sure the Hare Krishna tent didnt escape either, that was set on fire as well.

As for the acts I barely remember seeing PJ Harvey, Kirsty McColl (rip), Extreme, Bryan Adams, Christy Moore, 4 of Us, No Sweat, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Therapy........

Great memories, crappy Smithwicks and Abrakebara food kept me going over that weekend, no wonder me body is in bits now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

41 and am veteran of 2005 (Kraftwerk & Arcade fire in tent :eek:) and 2008 (Valentines) went back last year post 10 years rearing children and had a great blow out.

Looking forward to Saturday pre Kendrick Lamarr say atsmophere will be electric. Also booked into ATN (just down the road) with Kids, say a prayer for me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Looks like Kendrick is the Friday judging by the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’m 26 and have done nearly every EP since 2010 plus a few oxegens before that 06, 09 and another one I think? Can’t remember now.

You went to Oxygen when you were 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’m 39, himself is 44. We love escaping the kids for a weekend. A friend describes EP as an adults playground and it really is. I behave like a disgrace and it takes me a good two weeks to get over it. The less said about it at the school gate the better.

The kids would love to come along, but I say - no darlings, you’ll go with your own friends when you’re 18, and you can meet up with me if you run out of money, but mummy will be in Pink Moon and you’ll be slumming it in Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I’m 39, himself is 44. We love escaping the kids for a weekend. A friend describes EP as an adults playground and it really is. I behave like a disgrace and it takes me a good two weeks to get over it. The less said about it at the school gate the better.

The kids would love to come along, but I say - no darlings, you’ll go with your own friends when you’re 18, and you can meet up with me if you run out of money, but mummy will be in Pink Moon and you’ll be slumming it in Hendrix.

Thats my situation this year!

I'll have the caravan and I told my 19 year old to come up with her friends for a fry every morning before they get back on it. At least I'll know she's eating something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    You went to Oxygen when you were 14?

I went to Witness when I was 14 - Frames Green Day Foo Fighters Prodigy....

Stuck to the main stage, thought it was the most amazing thing ever. Took a lot of convincing of my parents but luckily one of my friends brothers was in one of the bands playing so he brought us all for free and definitely didnt let us run off the minute we got through the gates :D

Now Im 30 and will be bringing my 18 year old nephew (close as a brother) for his first festival. Brought him to Vital last year in Belfast for Muse but that doesnt count! He'll be staying with friends away from me as I will (hopefully) be in the eco camping. Bought him his ticket for his 18th. Can't wait to see what he thinks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Thats my situation this year!

I'll have the caravan and I told my 19 year old to come up with her friends for a fry every morning before they get back on it. At least I'll know she's eating something!

AS Homer said once upon a time 'Now THAT'S Parenting!!!!'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

that area is walkway and footpath :confused:
    the area to the right of that is mature woodland, this is a field with newly planted saplings, where the Eco campsite will be....

Sorry it's just below the nubbin of Chaplin instead of above it. But in any event, it's directly across from the Rave in the Woods.

Sorry it's just below the nubbin of Chaplin instead of above it. But in any event, it's directly across from the Rave in the Woods.
    but there's no field there :confused:
    i'm talking about the field with all these newly planted baby trees, where the Eco campsite and hundreds of tents are going to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Synode wrote: »
    Source?

It was rumoured before Christmas that there was a rift. Rennie was unhappy again. Their company has since been put into liquidation

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=206&v=vRrhhZawwbE

Nina Kraviz remixes Mount Kimbie, looking forward to both gigs at Picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Nina Kraviz & Peggy Gou will tear the place asunder : )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement