Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Must be a chance of the manics being added to the bill. Couple of years since they played and they’ve nothing else lined up here this year with a new album out, unless they’re doing a few nights in olympia later in year

Doing the BBC6 festival in Belfast in late May. And what a bargain that is. £18 per day with some of the best acts around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Would love to see Manics again, despite seeing them last summer at Indie as well. They're just an incredibly good live act, with an incredible back catalogue.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Would love to see Manics again, despite seeing them last summer at Indie as well. They're just an incredibly good live act, with an incredible back catalogue.

I'd welcome them at EP every single year.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

"2010 Jonsi"
    I stumbled in upon this, with nothing else to see. Didn't know who it was. Completely blown away by what I was seeing & hearing. Only saw < half the gig, but still one of the highlights, ever, that I rave about (to myself! - no-one else listens!) still. Spine tingling stuff. Inspired me to get to see Sigur Ros in New York, at MSG, a couple of years later. How I would welcome quality such as that, again. I'm sure there will be, though. I just don't know it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Highlights from my years.

2004: Taking yokes
    2005: Taking yokes
    2009: Taking yokes

Wouldn't bother my arse going again.

• Advertisement

...he seemed to be dressed as a bird, or something?! What was that all about?! Weird & entrancing...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Highlights from my years.

2004: Taking yokes
    2005: Taking yokes
    2009: Taking yokes

Wouldn't bother my arse going again.

Fair enough. There's cheaper ways of taking yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Doing the BBC6 festival in Belfast in late May. And what a bargain that is. £18 per day with some of the best acts around.

That’s up norf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd welcome them at EP every single year.

Thought they were brilliant in 2015

mgkelly wrote: »
    ...he seemed to be dressed as a bird, or something?! What was that all about?! Weird & entrancing...!

Feathered Indian style headdress.

This was the closer, such a great way to finish a set, no topping it.
    https://youtu.be/OG7w0ILhqB4

• Advertisement

Jeez! That's it! My Lord, I can't listen to that without it bringing tears to my eyes - & I don't even know why. This is the power of music. Absolutely stunning (using the word in its most literal sense).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I think they’ll be back, I believe one of the band suffers from some mental health issues but I see him quite regularly at gigs around the city. I would imagine the pressure of performing and the intensity at which they do so would be quite tough for him. They seem like really sound guys too.

If they do tour again I would encourage anyone to go see them. Quite simply one of the most amazing live bands in Ireland, if not the world.

Would love to see them again so hope you're right. Was chatting to a guy who books gigs in Cork during the week and just asked him if he'd tried to get them and said he has been trying relentlessly for two years now to no avail.

Hopefully that changes sooner rather than later because, as you say, an absolutely stunning live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I remember that tune! You speculating we might get those lads? In what context? - faux reggae or the Electric Ireland spot in the famous tent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I remember that tune! You speculating we might get those lads? In what context? - faux reggae or the Electric Ireland spot in the famous tent?!

They were in the first announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

These Charming Men on in Whelan's Friday April 6th. I'll consider that the official start of my build up.

They were in the first announcement.
    Oh, I missed that. Sorry! Not my cup of tea, malheureusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see The Specials are doing a US tour till 24th June, it would be nice to get them for EP or The Selector or Bad Manners.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thespecials/events/?ref=page_internal

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

My 1st major gig was G'n'R in slane a few days short of my thirteenth birthday. Followed that up the following year with zooropa in the rds and Bruce the same year I think. My da looked after the bus runs to gigs so we got tickets to sany gigs that required dublin bus. He was also over the stewarding in croker (voluntary) so we got to watch every game and gig we wanted.not gonna lie,Neil diamond billy joel and Garth brooks were some of the best. Witness oxygen and electric picnic gave me some great gigs. One of the best memories was erasure closely followed by the beastie boys. Erasure were amazing. Would love to see them again. Quick trip to the toilet and a couple of beers and into the tent. I'll never forget sabotage. Place erupted. That was our 2nd picnic and we've went ever since. Too many memories for a forum. Bro in law is coming back on his 6th or 7th trip to the picnic from Sydney. Gonna be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Going through EP's playlist on Spotify, Dua Lipa's new rules has almost 800 million listens:eek:

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Going through EP's playlist on Spotify, Dua Lipa's new rules has almost 800 million listens:eek:

That's impressive in itself, but even moreso when you consider it's been played 3 times an hour by every commercial radio station in the world for the last 6+ months.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Fatfrog wrote: »

That's impressive in itself, but even moreso when you consider it's been played 3 times an hour by every commercial radio station in the world for the last 6+ months.
    .....that don't impress me much....
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who's next for the Picnic. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would like to see some more 'older' 'indie', such as Ride, Slowdive, James (doing the festival circuit around then & in Electric Fields, 30.08.18), Happy Mondays (tho' see in Knebworth that weekend), The Farm (touring at present), The High (think the occasionally turn up for things), Inspiral Carpets (think they still tour).
    Guess when I cut my musical teeth?!
    Suspect too much to hope for Vampire Weekend at this stage - 'too big' to be announced later?
    What about David Byrne?! There is a wee gap in his schedule - approximately EP sized!
    The Orielles, please! No Irish date as yet.
    I'd also take Touts & Shame, though I think Shame are doing another festival - Beatyard?
    Oh, The Streets, too, please. That'd be nice!
    I could go on...!
    :)

So who's next for the Picnic. :)

The Valentines. Surely???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has anyone got their tickets yet. I purchased last September after the 2017 festival via the staggered payment option but still havnt received my tickets. Has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hogzy wrote: »
    Has anyone got their tickets yet. I purchased last September after the 2017 festival via the staggered payment option but still havnt received my tickets. Has anyone else?

I ordered mine at the same time and haven't received them. It says on ticketmaster that they haven't been dispatched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

though I think Shame are doing another festival - Beatyard? :)

They are booked in for Body & Soul this June. Would love to see them in the Cosby Tent this September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Hogzy wrote: »
    Still waiting and ordered same time as you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement