Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment for an Amazon order being declined

Options
  • 07-09-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Trying to purchase a laptop on Amazon.co.uk, purchase was declined, I think I know why.
    A few days ago I tried to use my debit card for the first time in about a year, and locked myself out by forgetting my PIN #. Contacted BOI and I am being mailed the PIN, but in the meantime am I locked out of using my debit card online?
    Just think it's weird because the same day I locked my card at good old Burger King I ordered a set of headphones online with no issue, using the same cards details.
    If anyone knows what could possibly be the solution to placing my order for this laptop, some assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

leomcclean wrote: »
    Trying to purchase a laptop on Amazon.co.uk, purchase was declined, I think I know why.
    A few days ago I tried to use my debit card for the first time in about a year, and locked myself out by forgetting my PIN #. Contacted BOI and I am being mailed the PIN, but in the meantime am I locked out of using my debit card online?
    Just think it's weird because the same day I locked my card at good old Burger King I ordered a set of headphones online with no issue, using the same cards details.
    If anyone knows what could possibly be the solution to placing my order for this laptop, some assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ring them and ask why it declined? Could be something totally unrelated to a locked pin as that would have no bearing on internet transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leomcclean

Ring them and ask why it declined? Could be something totally unrelated to a locked pin as that would have no bearing on internet transactions

Trying to see if I can make contact with a BOI rep or another knowledgeable person here first, I'm at work and won't be able to phone anyone for another few hours. With regards to the PIN, thats what I thought as well, but I'm just mentioning it to cover all my bases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi leomcclean,

Welcome to Boards, and thanks for your post.

If you've blocked your PIN, at the ATM or Point of sale, this shouldn't affect your access to online shopping.

Have you received any e-mails or text messages from us asking you to confirm any attempted transactions on your card?
    If you'd prefer to PM me, you can click the link below my signature.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leomcclean

Hi leomcclean,

If you've blocked your PIN, at the ATM or Point of sale, this shouldn't affect your access to online shopping.

Have you received any e-mails or text messages from us asking you to confirm any attempted transactions on your card?

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Hi Jane,
    I haven't received any contact from BOI through either email or by text asking for any sort of verification. The Amazon email I received stated that they were unable to charge my credit card, and they didn't list a reason. I've checked my balance and there should be no issue with this purchase, is there any way to determine why the transaction is being declined?
    Thanks, Leo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi leomcclean,

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Hi Jane,
    I haven't received any contact from BOI through either email or by text asking for any sort of verification. The Amazon email I received stated that they were unable to charge my credit card, and they didn't list a reason. I've checked my balance and there should be no issue with this purchase, is there any way to determine why the transaction is being declined?
    Thanks, Leo
    Hi Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is your card due to expire at all? This can sometimes effect online purchases, with the retailer. There can be a number of reasons why purchases don't go through.
    You can 'Ask a Question', at the service desk through your 365 online profile and an advisor will be able to check for you.

Alternatively, you can try it again online, or when you receive your PIN in the post, and try it at the ATM, when you're re-activating it.

If it still doesn't work after you receive your PIN, we'd suggest that you call card security on 01-4885466 and an advisor will be able to look into this for you. 

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement