Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince George starts school

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Head teacher is chilly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Head teacher is chilly.

I noticed a nip in the air this morning, 'tis September I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Did he wear black leather shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fcuking kid living off state benefits. The ma doesn't even work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Big effin wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Welfare spongers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

George1stday.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Head teacher is chilly.

Bitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did he wear black leather shoes?

probably a pair of John Lobbs. family tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Welfare spongers.
    And they're the spawn of Germans and Greeks to boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

And they're the spawn of Germans and Greeks to boot

Fúckin EU immigrants #Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've heard the royals bring in more than they cost?
    I don't care for them but I don't get the resentment.
    There's going to be a royal baby no. 3...

Gosh, I'll write to my TD immediately to complain about this shocking waste of my taxes. Oh wait! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Poor kid. This is how it will be for the rest of his life. Starting school is front page news. When he gets a haircut it will be front page news. When his voice breaks it will be front page news. I don't get the public fascination with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Feckin head lice is a bloody nuisance to get rid of, so it's good to see the teacher with her hair in a bun.

Which reminds me of thisTommy Cooper joke.

She said to me, do you mind if I wear my hair in a bun?
    I said, I don't mind if you wear your hair in a loaf of bread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Day 1 is fight day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Is there no end to the merits of a expensive education?

Even the headmistress has to be attractive and is under contract to go commando during school hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

He looks so like Queenie.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Must be dark over, she appears to have left her headlights on !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not gone unnoticed by William either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Good for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You're not on your own with your morning sickness Kate.

When the news broke this morning it made about 50 million of us sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I don't get the fascination. They have an interesting history but they're basically C-list celebrities at this stage. Famous because of who they are rather than talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I've heard the royals bring in more than they cost?
    I don't care for them but I don't get the resentment.
    There's going to be a royal baby no. 3...

They make far more than they cost. Ignoring the indirect income they generate from tourism. All profits from royal lands in the UK which is something like over a million acres is given to the UK government in exchange for a set grant each year, which is a fraction of the amount it generates.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance

In short, the land they own, well his grandmother owns, generates £304 million and they get paid £76

You could argue they were just born into it and never earned that land or palaces in the first place but how is that any different to any other "old money" millionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Head teacher is chilly.

She's not chilly. She's wide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Wait until he reaches 13 or 14. He'll be crushing fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Taming strange is far more eloquent... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's no girls at Eton.

He's a lovely little lad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waste of money TBH he'll grow up to belong to the biggest dole scroungers of the world being kept by the British taxpayer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Waste of money TBH he'll grow up to belong to the biggest dole scroungers of the world being kept by the British taxpayer

Doesn't it even itself out/generate profit when you account for the tourist revenue they draw to the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm not all that interested in The Royal Family but he's a very cute little boy and looks lovely in his uniform. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Looks like Willie's packin heat, too.

Everyone says they're not interested in the royal family but they are.

Everyone holds faux contempt for them because they're rich (not even that rich by rich standards) but would anyone be able to do what they do? I'm guessing no. They don't "do nothing" every inch of their lives is scrutinised by the public. They are well and truly owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This post had been deleted.
    Permabear wrote: »

If he turns up in black runners and if he's meant to be wearing black shoes. He's being sent home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'm not entirely sure the royal family do scrounge off the taxpayer. They own an awful lot of land the income of which is taxed at a very high percentage and they live off the admittedly large portion left over. Would you say the Duke of Westminster was a dole scrounger? Or indeed anyone in the UK who has inherited a large estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

fatknacker wrote: »
    Looks like Willie's packin heat, too.

Everyone says they're not interested in the royal family but they are.

Everyone holds faux contempt for them because they're rich (not even that rich by rich standards) but would anyone be able to do what they do? I'm guessing no. They don't "do nothing" every inch of their lives is scrutinised by the public. They are well and truly owned.
    I don't know if everyone is interested in them - but it does seem like a lot of people seem keen to share that they're not interested in them.
    I dislike the concept of monarchy, although I'm not spitting blood with rage over it either - what annoys me more is the fawning over them by ordinary people, many of them not even British. It's a bit pathetic IMO - no different to the Kardashian worship. I'd say the Windsors themselves find that stuff embarrassing - they have a lot more dignity than the Kardashians.

The royals themselves actually seem like nice enough, unassuming people though. Will and Harry seem sound, so does their granny. They didn't choose the life either, and they DO work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Valmont wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure the royal family do scrounge off the taxpayer. They own an awful lot of land the income of which is taxed at a very high percentage and they live off the admittedly large portion left over. Would you say the Duke of Westminster was a dole scrounger? Or indeed anyone in the UK who has inherited a large estate?

William and Kate at least don't get much taxpayer money apart from travel expenses and such which are used in the process of fulfilling their royal duties. They are funded by Charles from the duchy of Cornwall which is a privately held estate. When they lived outside London they paid for their own home privately so I'm sure they would cover stuff like their kids school themselves. I don't know does William still have his airforce job? Even if not I'm sure he has plenty of money and assets from his mothers side of the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

mzungu wrote: »
    Poor kid. This is how it will be for the rest of his life. Starting school is front page news. When he gets a haircut it will be front page news. When his voice breaks it will be front page news. I don't get the public fascination with it.

Because some people are sad sad f**kers

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm not all that interested in The Royal Family but he's a very cute little boy and looks lovely in his uniform. Good luck to him.
    My sentiments too!
    I like seeing Kate's and their outfits too :p
    Valmont wrote: »

Ohhh no let's not start the inheritance debate again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This. Yeah they may be minted and never have to worry about all the stuff that normal people like me worry about, decent career, buying a house etc but I wouldn't trade places with any of them in a million years. Imagine being famous from the day you're born and constantly being in the public eye, hell imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

He looks a bit traumatised already. Is it normal for a kid that age to have dark rings under his eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Here, that teachers wearing no underjocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I was wondering when we'd get a decent comment like this. He is. That's a nice post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

And in fairness, his aul pair seem like decent people too.

Sorry. Am I doing the 'all brits are bad' thing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

He looks a bit traumatised already. Is it normal for a kid that age to have dark rings under his eyes?

I think they always sense a slight disturbance in the forcefield on these first days. They've no concept that they'll be doing this everyday for 12 years whether they like it or not but these first day pics always seem to reveal a hint of trepidation that suggests they know dark clouds are gathering on the horizon. They probably pick it up from parents too though.

He couldn't be any cuter really.

Also impressed this thread didn't degenerate into discussion of other royal jewels as it seems to have everywhere else these photos were revealed.
    We are so mature! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He must be approaching his first moulting

• Advertisement
Advertisement