Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a Espana - Stage 18 (7-Sep), Suances - Santo Toribio de Liebana (169 km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Real shame as others have said as he'd defo be closer to Froome and the podium then he is now, that said he was let go a few times as he was so far back, and were that not the case he likely would not have been given as much rope to play with by his main GC Rivals. We'll never know, I think the best we can hope for now is he makes it onto the podium with an excellent climb of Angliru, perhaps contesting for the stage win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

velo.2010 wrote: »
    GVA or Sagan couldn't do what Moscon is doing in this race, and they're both Classic riders like he is. Must be the best young rider in the world at the moment!

But he's a racist, so we shouldn't like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

GVA or Sagan couldn't do what Moscon is doing in this race, and they're both Classic riders like he is. Must be the best young rider in the world at the moment!

Well before the Vuelta, it could be argued that he is one of the best young riders in the world.

To label him as just a Classics rider is incorrect.

Italian ITT champion (2017)
    Arctic Race of Norway GC winner (2016)
    4th World Championships U23 RR (2015)
    Italian U23 RR champion (2015)
    5th in Tour de l'Avenir (2015) before retiring before last stage

The man has a big future ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

It looks like Sky have just about managed to get things under control.
    Froome has Poels, Moscon and Nieve.

plus ça change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well before the Vuelta, it could be argued that he is one of the best young riders in the world.

To label him as just a Classics rider is incorrect.

Never referred to him as 'just' a classics rider. That's the general riding style attributed to him - much like Sagan, who is described as a classics rider but is of course so much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Flicking through the results I noticed Adam Hansen there. I thought that he was informed by the team prior to the race that he wasn't selected to go. What happened that he ended up going?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Flicking through the results I noticed Adam Hansen there. I thought that he was informed by the team prior to the race that he wasn't selected to go. What happened that he ended up going?

The decision to omit Adam Hansen from the Lotto-Soudal lineup for the Vuelta a España and thus end his record run of Grand Tour participations has been reversed, with the Australian standing in for an injured Rafel Valls

Lotto-Soudal announced the change on Monday, stating that Valls has broken his hip, is in line for hip surgery and will therefore have to miss both the race and the rest of the season. Hansen comes in instead, thus beginning a remarkable 19th straight Grand Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    But he's a racist, so we shouldn't like him!

IMG_20170907_191003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Never referred to him as 'just' a classics rider. That's the general riding style attributed to him - much like Sagan, who is described as a classics rider but is of course so much more.

My bad :)

Advertisement