Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Field Maintenance

• 07-09-2017 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have recently moved to the Carlow area and I am looking for some recommendations for someone that would be willing to complete some field maintenance.
    Initially I am looking for someone who would be able to top the field? The field is approx 2 acres.
    Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Shell79 wrote: »
    I have recently moved to the Carlow area and I am looking for some recommendations for someone that would be willing to complete some field maintenance.
    Initially I am looking for someone who would be able to top the field? The field is approx 2 acres.
    Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My advice would be ask any farmer neighbour. Its probably late enough in the year for the topper to be on the back of the tractor but its not a big job.
    How long is the grass because maybe even asking a neighbouring farmer to let in some cattle for a few days would work better.
    They would bring the grass down to a length that horses like and the manure would be good.
    My Friendly Farmer is a godsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Topping is fine as long as you know what is growing in the field! If topping includes some ragworts, you wont be able to put your horses there before they are totally gone, and it will also strengthen their roots. My advice would be to check first, and having it sprayed if necessary. The best to do field maintenance will always be good farmers, they know what has to be done. Have a look at your neighbours fields :)

Advertisement