Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Late Payment Fees

Options
  • 07-09-2017 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi there

Ive received a late card payment fee and Im not sure why, I have called your CC line but I am further confused.

My statements are issued on the 4th and the payment is due by the 24th.

I have made a payment on the 26th July to cover the August statement.

I have been told over the phone that this has went towards my July statement, as BOI understand customers can pay late so it goes toward the previous statement.

This makes no sense, if BOI "understand" this, do they not understand some customers like to pay early? I made a payment on 29th August, what statement does this go to?

I was also told I can only pay for each month from the 4th to the 24th, to cover that months statement.

This also makes no sense, any monthly statement should run for 1 month, and not 21 days.

Can someone please explain when exactly a payment should be made and time frame allowed to avoid "defaults".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Hi there

Ive received a late card payment fee and Im not sure why, I have called your CC line but I am further confused.

My statements are issued on the 4th and the payment is due by the 24th.

I have made a payment on the 26th July to cover the August statement.

I have been told over the phone that this has went towards my July statement, as BOI understand customers can pay late so it goes toward the previous statement.

This makes no sense, if BOI "understand" this, do they not understand some customers like to pay early? I made a payment on 29th August, what statement does this go to?

I was also told I can only pay for each month from the 4th to the 24th, to cover that months statement.

This also makes no sense, any monthly statement should run for 1 month, and not 21 days.

Can someone please explain when exactly a payment should be made and time frame allowed to avoid "defaults".
    Hi there,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

After reviewing your post, I can confirm that your payment for your credit card, is due 25 calendar days from when your statement has been printed off, or available as an e-statement.

For example; if your statement was printed on the 4th of the month, your payment would be due on the 29th of the month. Any payments made after the 29th, and before the 4th of the month will not be counted towards your next bill, as the statement has not generated and been issued.

You still have the full month to make your repayments, and would only be charged a late fee if you made your monthly repayment after the 29th of that month. Any additional repayments will be counted as part of that month.

If you would like to make payments early, you would need to unsure your payment is received any time after the 4th and before the 29th of that month.

If you would like more information on your specific payments you can 'Ask a Question', from your Credit Card account through your 365 online profile on the Service desk and an advisor will be able to help.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement