Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong amount

Options
  • 07-09-2017 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi I lodged a cheque this evening but carelessly accepted the wrong amount on the machine, i.e. 100 instead of 1000. What happens now please what can I do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

miss black wrote: »
    Hi I lodged a cheque this evening but carelessly accepted  the wrong amount on the machine, i.e. 100 instead of 1000. What happens now please what can I do
    Hi miss black,

Welcome to Boards, and thanks for your post.

When cheques are lodged in the LATM, you are given a receipt of the amount that is read on the cheque by the machine.
    These cheques are then lodged manually, by a staff member so if the error is found, it'll be changed automatically.

If you notice the cheque being applied for the incorrect amount, you can 'Ask a Question', on the service desk through your 365 online profile, and we can have this amended for you.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement