Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Qualification Teaching Employment

Options
  • 06-09-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am a second level teacher and I finished my first year of teaching last year. I fulfilled the 300 hour teaching requirement for full registration with the Teaching Council during my first year of teaching, got my Form B signed and sealed, and now I have to do the 20 hours of CPD training.

My question is, where do I go for these courses? We're supposed to do ten 2 hour courses but all of the courses I can find are full day courses or for multiple days. I've tried the SESS website and my two local education centers are Athlone and Laois but non of their courses are 2 hours in length. Will a full day course satisfy one of these 2 hour requirements?

I can't find anything about this on the Teaching Council website or online. Can any qualified teachers help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Better chance of an answer in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Go to the NIPT website teacherinduction.ie and follow the link for "Induction Programme". The courses are on in the evenings in local education centres. The courses are specific to the induction programme, not just general courses. To actually register you go to the education centre website. I see a link about NQTs on the homepage for Athlone Ed Centre.

Advertisement