Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students exempt from Irish in your classroom.

Options
  • 07-09-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can I ask fellow teachers of Gaeilge, what happens to students who are exempt from doing Irish when Irish is on?
    I currently have up to 8 students per year group in each Irish class who are exempt from doing Irish. I have to supervise them doing their homework and teach my class at the same time. A lot of these students are entitled to learning support/resource but are not being taken out for it (as they had been in the past).
    Anyone know the official line on it or if I have to supervise theses students when I don't teach them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The school mightn't have the learning support timetable sorted yet! Ask the co-ordinator in your school that does it, or maybe whoever does out the teachers school timetable?
    But it's not unheard of in our school too, only with 1 or 2 students though, and they generally work away quietly.
    Ask the students discretely if they are getting any learning support during any other classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

We always have enough for a full class of exemptions so they complete a literacy programme during the time Irish is timetabled.

Advertisement