Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone and Mobile banking apps

• 07-09-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I have a few mobile banking apps on my old phone and want to install them on my new phone.

Do they all generally follow this principal.

First you register the app on your new phone as if your a new customer.

Then in your account you will be given the option to delete one
    and keep the other.

Is that how they work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I have a few mobile banking apps on my old phone and want to install them on my new phone.

Do they all generally follow this principal.

First you register the app on your new phone as if your a new customer.

Then in your account you will be given the option to delete one
    and keep the other.

Is that how they work.

Depends on the bank. For example BOI doesn't tag your access with your phone details so your just need to download the app and login on new phone. Kbc does do this for extra security so you'll need to register your new device with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

368100 wrote: »
    .... For example BOI doesn't tag your access with your phone details so your just need to download the app and login on new phone.

+1 can't speak for any other bank but you can have the BoI app installed on multiple devices, they don't care. Using 365online on a new phone will not disable access from the old phone. Means you can have it installed on a tablet at home as well as your mobile.

Advertisement