Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating visa and then heading back to Ireland

Options
  • 07-09-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello!

So I applied for my visa last year and it got accepted, woo! I had fabulous intentions of heading out straight away but life got in the way and I'm now approaching the deadline to activate my visa!

Anyway I'm not exactly prepared to make the big move, so I was just thinking of flying to Toronto and back again on a Friday and back the Monday to activate it. Is this possible? Once I've been approved at customs do I have to do anything after to fully activate it? And since I have left it so long should I renew paper work eg. my Garda clearance etc?

Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

No problem to do that, just be aware that the clock starts ticking on your visa the day you land, it doesn't pause while you are back in Ireland. No need to update Garda certs, but do make sure to have proof of funds and insurance for 2 years. It's unlikely you'll be asked but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As said, have proof of funds, and the 2 years insurance. Have heard of people with one years insurance only getting a one year visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzersedge

Thanks a million for the info! ****e I was just going to get insurance for the couple of days and explain I was coming back over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Thanks a million for the info! ****e I was just going to get insurance for the couple of days and explain I was coming back over?

Nope you need to have the full 2 year insurance.

Advertisement