Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Student loan company

• 07-09-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey all, was hoping somebody might be able to provide information to me. Completed a HND in Northern Ireland in 2009 in which i was covered by the student loans company from 2007 to 2009. was sent a assessment form in 2010 and as i was still in college in Sligo I was not making enough money to repay the loan. however that is the last time i have ever heard from them til last week when i received a letter from a debt collection agency. I am unable to at present to repay the loan back to due to other problems i am having. would anybody be able to give me advice as i really worried about it and as i a resident of the republic of Ireland i would not know a lot about UK law.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

When you are outside the UK it doesn't matter what your earnings are. Now that is has been handed to a debt agency it is a different ball game. Up to you whether you engage with them or not. You could make them an offer of x per week or hide from them.

Advertisement