Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Only joshing. I love them. Wear manacles for most occasions. They just look very pretty, think they distract me more than enemies.

Edit: and Bloom for maximum carnage x 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

He's in the tower by the hangar and he's selling the last word... And some other crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

been waiting ages for him to start selling some other crap!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    been waiting ages for him to start selling some other crap!

His product range needs expanding and diversifying...

Eternal Warrior - Titan Helm
    Knucklehad radar - Hunter Helm
    Obsidian Mind - Warlock Helm

If you're awash with strange coins and you still don't have Knucklehead or Obsidian, they're worth getting as the rolls are fairly good. Eternal Warrior is as useful as soggy bog roll...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    His product range needs expanding and diversifying...

Eternal Warrior - Titan Helm
    Knucklehad radar - Hunter Helm
    Obsidian Mind - Warlock Helm

If you're awash with strange coins and you still don't have Knucklehead or Obsidian, they're worth getting as the rolls are fairly good. Eternal Warrior is as useful as soggy bog roll...

It's also worth grabbing heavy ammo synths. You can use these to rank up the factions once ROI drops. 100 Heavy ammo synths = 1 faction level. 34 strange coins will get you the 100 heavy ammo synths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    It's also worth grabbing heavy ammo synths. You can use these to rank up the factions once ROI drops. 100 Heavy ammo synths = 1 faction level. 34 strange coins will get you the 100 heavy ammo synths

and take approximately 6 hours to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So, is there anything actually worth buying from Xur? TLW is supposed to be great for PVP, I'm not a big PVP player so I don't know if I need that so much. I also don't particularly like using Hand Cannons.

I'm a Titan so is the Eternal Warrior helmet worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wing126 wrote: »
    So, is there anything actually worth buying from Xur? TLW is supposed to be great for PVP, I'm not a big PVP player so I don't know if I need that so much. I also don't particularly like using Hand Cannons.

I'm a Titan so is the Eternal Warrior helmet worth it?

You can pass on the Eternal Warrior.

Knucklehead Radar gives you your radar regardless of which gun your using. Slightly better than EW.

Obsidian Mind was THE go to Helm for Voidwalker Warlocks in Y1, especially for Crotas End. Still worth picking up.

TLW is a PvP beast, if you know how to use it properly. If you don't like HC'S or PvP then don't bother. Spend your coins on 3oC or hold till next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

You can pass on the Eternal Warrior.

Knucklehead Radar gives you your radar regardless of which gun your using. Slightly better than EW.

Obsidian Mind was THE go to Helm for Voidwalker Warlocks in Y1, especially for Crotas End. Still worth picking up.

TLW is a PvP beast, if you know how to use it properly. If you don't like HC'S or PvP then don't bother. Spend your coins on 3oC or hold till next week.

I'll probably just wait for rise of iron tbh!

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'll probably just wait for rise of iron tbh!

Yeah if you only run Titan your not missing anything. Get some 3oC if you can afford and hope to get a lucky roll from a lucky drop

• Advertisement

Xurs at the big door near the speaker (tower north)

The insurmountable skullfort - Titan helm
    ATS/8 Arachnid - Hunter Helm
    Apotheosis Veil - Warlock Helm
    Bad juju - Pulse
    Legacy Engram - Gauntlet engram

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xurs at the big door near the speaker (tower north)

Three of Coins

Fixed.

Stock up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Worst 3 Helmets in Class

Cormac... wrote: »
    Worst 3 Helmets in Class

I remember a priest saying that to me and my friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Disappointing set of stuff, already have two of those helmets, and the Bad Juju.

Xurs all about that base, bout that base.

That Base = 3oC

No Backup Plans
    ATS/8 Tarantella
    Heart of the Praxic Fire
    Plan C
    Legacy Engram - Primary

Located at Door by Speaker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No Backup Plans
    ATS/8 Tarantella
    Heart of the Praxic Fire
    Plan C
    Legacy Engram - Primary

Ohhhhh....... Primary engram...... could get thorn :eek:

Meh

Cormac... wrote: »
    Meh

He's been that way for a long time now. He's passed his usefulness for most of us, agreed, but he still might have some offerings for the new lads.

The question is will he have anything new next Friday after RoI, and what LL will they be? Can't see them keeping his stuff at 280. Maybe 310/320?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

He's been that way for a long time now. He's passed his usefulness for most of us, agreed, but he still might have some offerings for the new lads.

The question is will he have anything new next Friday after RoI, and what LL will they be? Can't see them keeping his stuff at 280. Maybe 310/320?

Unless they up what the Kiosk give your from 280 then i doubt Xur would change either :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Unless they up what the Kiosk give your from 280 then i doubt Xur would change either :)

With the way infusion works, it doesn't really matter. But I believe that Vendor gear from next week will be 340LL, so Exotics at 30 LL below would seem right. Who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is the general consensus that its better to wait til after ROI is released to shop with Xur?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is the general consensus that its better to wait til after ROI is released to shop with Xur?

If you need 3ofC then buy them now :)

DrumSteve wrote: »

Law of averages would say it's 50/50. :D

Really don't know. We have no idea if he will in fact have anything new to purchase on Friday. We don't know if they'll increase the LL of the items (again this is kinda moot with the 1:1 infusion).

Probably get some 3oC if you can and hope for some engrams to drop. Hold off on decrypting them though. They won't decrypt to anything new, but I think they will decrypt at higher than 335, which will be a help.

Law of averages would say it's 50/50. :D

Really don't know. We have no idea if he will in fact have anything new to purchase on Friday. We don't know if they'll increase the LL of the items (again this is kinda moot with the 1:1 infusion).

Probably get some 3oC if you can and hope for some engrams to drop. Hold off on decrypting them though. They won't decrypt to anything new, but I think they will decrypt at higher than 335, which will be a help.

Woah..... the secondary can decrypt to the new sidearm remember :P

Woah..... the secondary can decrypt to the new sidearm remember :P

True that. Forgot about .......... THE TRESPASSER.

post-36211-dead-or-alive-youre-coming-wit-Y41m.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Such a comparison is offensive to the Auto 9.

Most of those Exotics are B-Tier really for Newbies (since the 2 new lads to the clan would have a need to visit Xur)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If you need 3ofC then buy them now :)

Ha well I definitely need them; I did KF the other night without them...

Advertisement