Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there many new exotics being added? TTK kind of killed Xur with most of the new ones being locked behind quests/three of coins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there many new exotics being added? TTK kind of killed Xur with most of the new ones being locked behind quests.

All the new exotics are going to be quest based:

There is the new sidearm - The Tresspass (Only one not quest based i think)
    New Exotic Pulse
    New Exotic heavy
    New Year 3 thorn
    New Year 3 Gally

Oh and warlocks finally get some Exotic flip flops :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there many new exotics being added? TTK kind of killed Xur with most of the new ones being locked behind quests/three of coins.

I think anyone who has collected all year 2 exotics will not see much use for Xur.
    He's more for new players or people who don't No-Life the game.
    Unless he is selling stuff at >335 Light, then I guess he'll be useful for a couple of weeks after ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

DrumSteve wrote:
    Is the general consensus that its better to wait til after ROI is released to shop with Xur?

Personally I'd always shop and collect what I don't have.

jonnycivic wrote:
    Woah..... the secondary can decrypt to the new sidearm remember

I'd buy that for a strange coin!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

He's in the reef.

Legacy gauntlet engram on the left, not the right so don't buy it by mistake.

Twilight garrison, celestial nighthawk and the new lock boots transversive steps. Also Monte Carlo. All at 350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Will be getting all of these although I never use the TG or CN
    Monte Carlo should be good

Actually I'm going to buy loads of these and just infuse

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Will be getting all of these although I never use the TG or CN
    Monte Carlo should be good

Actually I'm going to buy loads of these and just infuse

I was considering infusing but I don't think it's worth it, might just farm strikes and buy 3 of coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Are the Warlock boots transversive steps any use?

And the perks, is it extra rockets and primary weapon reloading?

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Are the Warlock boots transversive steps any use?

And the perks, is it extra rockets and primary weapon reloading?

Faster crouch and reload when you pick up that ammo type is the first week. Extra special ammo also.

• Advertisement

Down in the hanger near the disco.

legacy boots, armamentarium, sealed ahamkara grasps, voidfang vestments, mida

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

He's near the speaker and has:

Legacy Primary Weapon Engram
    Thagomizers
    Shinobu's Vow
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Thunderlord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    He's near the speaker and has:

Legacy Primary Weapon Engram
    Thagomizers
    Shinobu's Vow
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Thunderlord

Oooo new stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't think I have the Thagomizers or Shinobu's Vow. Probably better of going with 3oC rather than ending up with 350 armour I'll rarely use.

The Trespasser is turning into the Y1 Ghally for me. Got 3 secondaries yesterday 4th Horseman, Zen Meteor and the Plan C. That said I took the plan C on patrol and it has like 3 times the range of a shotgun. Is it like that in PvP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't think I have the Thagomizers or Shinobu's Vow. Probably better of going with 3oC rather than ending up with 350 armour I'll rarely use.

The Trespasser is turning into the Y1 Ghally for me. Got 3 secondaries yesterday 4th Horseman, Zen Meteor and the Plan C. That said I took the plan C on patrol and it has like 3 times the range of a shotgun. Is it like that in PvP?

It can melt (literally) in PvP. Keep an eye on radar and switch to it just before they appear, they are down before you know it. Charge after swap is insane.

Shinobu's vow any good? If not in just stocking up on 3oCs

PetKing wrote: »

You get an extra skip grenade and enhanced tracking on those grenades. Handy if you use Bladedancer.

Sweet, new stuff, 1,500 SC burning a hole in my pocket

nevelator wrote:
    You get an extra skip grenade and enhanced tracking on those grenades. Handy if you use Bladedancer.

Tasty. Will purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PetKing wrote: »

Mtashed seems to like it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Watched that video, and had a little laugh:

"These gloves do not make skip grenades OP".

:pac: lol, what? Yes they do! Definitely gonna buy them.

Are the Titan gloves any good? I suppose it'll allow you to have Amplify and Overload equipped. Still not sure if it's any good for even PvE, let alone PVP.

Probably better of going with 3oC rather than ending up with 350 armour I'll rarely use.

Yeah, 3oC makes Xur always a disappointment.

Yeah, 3oC makes Xur always a disappointment.

Not for me.

Given there's 80 Exotic Pieces of Armour and Weapons that can come from Engrams, that's a 1 in 80 chance you'll get the one you are missing.

When it takes 6.5 3oCs to get 1 engram, that means if the stars align it would ~520 3oC before I got the 1 thing I wanted.

2 New Exotics from Xur takes the Randomness out of it and they can always be re-rolled with glass neddles. Only negative being their % stat rolls might not be the greatest.

He's selling 2 of the 6 Engram things I was missing since RoI (taking "quest" exotics out of it.)

So, if you got the coins, and don't have the exotic, might aswell buy it

It did make him a disappointment for most of Year 2 aright though, but back then, there was huge pool of exotics people were missing, not, not so much

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not for me.

Given there's 80 Exotic Pieces of Armour and Weapons that can come from Engrams, that's a 1 in 80 chance you'll get the one you are missing.

Let me stop you right there. That's not only not how it works (ones you dont have decrypt at a higher chance) but you are assuming i have 0 exotics already. Xur is ZZZZZzzz. If i buy his bad light level exotic i also have to get another exotic of the same type or a raid drop thats decent light level to infuse with.

Let me stop you right there. That's not only not how it works (ones you dont have decrypt at a higher chance) but you are assuming i have 0 exotics already. Xur is ZZZZZzzz.

Ummm, I was actually assuming you had more like 79/80 engram exotics :confused:

Ummm, I was actually assuming you had more like 79/80 engram exotics :confused:

Even wronger so!

Let me stop you right there. That's not only not how it works (ones you dont have decrypt at a higher chance) but you are assuming i have 0 exotics already. Xur is ZZZZZzzz. If i buy his bad light level exotic i also have to get another exotic of the same type or a raid drop thats decent light level to infuse with.

I think Xur serves his purpose well at the start when new exotics become available. A few months later it does become a little meh!
    I had about 14 exotic gauntlets engrams saved for ROI. I got none of the Y3 gauntlets from those, I did get a Thagomizer from a raid chest. So I am happy that he is selling those Y3 exotics.

As for the stats I am happy to infuse them and re-roll the perks. If you want Max LL you'd have to infuse anyway (unless you wait to decode at max or near max light).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Those Thagamijiggers are awesome for Supremacy. Double melee with Amplify unlocked for free. With Overload giving a chance to reset Storm Fist on melee hits, you can have 4-5 supers charged in a match.

Those Thagamijiggers are awesome for Supremacy. Double melee with Amplify unlocked for free. With Overload giving a chance to reset Storm Fist on melee hits, you can have 4-5 supers charged in a match.

I can confirm this. I was playing with Totz and he was coming top of our team

RGtaPMh.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

There's a 1 in 80 chance, every time you get an exotic - this resets every time you get an exoitc due to RNG.
    When it takes 6.5 3oCs to get 1 engram, that means if the stars align it would ~520 3oC before I got the 1 thing I wanted.

This isn't true because your chance resets on each engram:
    For example, your chance of getting Suros is 1 in 80.
    The next time you get an engram, your probability is still 1 in 80 - not 1 in 79. The exotic you got first time hasn't been removed from the pool, you could still decrypt it.

Also you're not guaranteed to get a primary weapon engram each time...
    There's no way of knowing how many 3oC you'd need to get an item you don't have.

They've said, any of the Y1 engrams have a higher chance to decrypt into something you don't have (hence these are more expensive). Any of the other exotic engrams reset and have an equal (we assume) chance to decrypt into any exotic.

Advertisement