Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Royal Xurness - D2 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Was Xur still knocking around yesterday? Used to be gone by 10am and I sat the indicator on the map in the evening

He was there last night to, I'm guessing he stays until reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

• Vigilance Wing – Exotic Pulse Rifle
    • Foetracer – Exotic Hunter Helmet
    • An insurmountable Skullfort – Exotic Titan Helmet
    • Nezarec’s Sin – Exotic Warlock Helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I certainly don't have the pulse rifle. Finally Xur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I got Vigilance Wing in a drop earlier this week.

Found it pretty poor to be honest.

quad_red wrote: »

Couldn't you wait five minutes before crushing my hopes?
    Wait you did!
    I don't think I've actually fired a Pulse Rifle in D2 - the exotic quest one for about 2 minutes maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Couldn't you wait five minutes before crushing my hopes?
    Wait you did!
    I don't think I've actually fired a Pulse Rifle in D2 - the exotic quest one for about 2 minutes maybe

Sorry! It dropped at 278 (when I was 259!) so I was well pysched. But it's got vicious recoil and when it's finished its big burst it's well off target. Went back to my 262 scout after doing two strikes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sorry! It dropped at 278 (when I was 259!) so I was well pysched. But it's got vicious recoil and when it's finished its big burst it's well off target. Went back to my 262 scout after doing two strikes with it.

wonder if it becomes a more usable and deadly gun with a counter balance mod on armor?

On the Warlock Helmet - when it says void damage speeds class ability recharge - does that include void weapons?

wonder if it becomes a more usable and deadly gun with a counter balance mod on armor?

On the Warlock Helmet - when it says void damage speeds class ability recharge - does that include void weapons?

Yes. Mtashed did a review on it not knowing this and gave it a 3/10 later changed to 8-9/10

Yes. Mtashed did a review on it not knowing this and gave it a 3/10 later changed to 8-9/10

for all my bitching in the other thread - this is one of the things I love about the exotics in D2. They aren't really OP, but you can make them awesome if you change your playstyle or loadout to get the most from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It even sounds weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Funny, I get killed by that nearly as much as by Mida

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What's up itz ya boi CDB here with anuva Destiny Xur vidyo

Nessus, Watcher's Grave - same tree as last time.

Fighting Lion
    Knucklehead Radar
    Peacekeepers
    Wings of Sacred Dawn

they're going to have to do something with grenade launchers, who thought they were a good idea in the first place?
    Probably buff grenades forgetting grenade launchers are in the game and all hell will break loose

they're going to have to do something with grenade launchers, who thought they were a good idea in the first place?
    Probably buff grenades forgetting grenade launchers are in the game and all hell will break loose

If they aren't going to do much actual damage they need to have a massive blast radius - so that you can do decent damage to a group of players, if not kill with one hit.

I do like the idea behind them. I like that there are very different types. Ones that stick, ones that bounce, ones that go on proximity. A nice variety of play styles and use cases, but they just aren't really viable.

Soooooo a Rocket Launcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Knucklehead Radar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Who needs Knucklehead Radar when everyone is using Mida?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Depending on the map, SMG + Uriels would be preferable if you have Knucklehead I reckon.

Soooooo a Rocket Launcher?

well no - a RL can one hit kill one, or multiple enemies.

A grenade launcher would (in my example) deal damange over a larger radius but lower damage numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

well no - a RL can one hit kill one, or multiple enemies.

A grenade launcher would (in my example) deal damange over a larger radius but lower damage numbers.

That's basically what a grenade does so yeah kinda adds up.

• Advertisement

What's up itz ya boi CDB here with anuva Destiny Xur vidyo

Nessus, Watcher's Grave - same tree as last time.

Fighting Lion
    Knucklehead Radar
    Peacekeepers
    Wings of Sacred Dawn

SMASH that thanks button and don't forget to subscribe for more Xur goodness yo!!

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    SMASH that thanks button and don't forget to subscribe for more Xur goodness yo!!

I still remember you stealing a hammer kill on me in pvp so I have no issue with your thanks being stolen

I still remember you stealing a hammer kill on me in pvp so I have no issue with your thanks being stolen

Haha, I remember that... Its one of Destiny's mortal sins in fairness!
    Thou shalt never steal teams mates super kills.... The question is did you actually mean to pop your super or was it a randon button smash event??:D:D

If I know Gimli, he was trying to put up a Ward of Dawn :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll probably pick up Fighting Lion, just to have it. Can't imagine it being much use though.

Yeah you might as well in case they ever decide to do something with it but for now there's just no reason to equip it over ......... well just about anything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah you might as well in case they ever decide to do something with it but for now there's just no reason to equip it over ......... well just about anything else.

Man you just need to learn how to use them. I was using a few of the Legendary launchers at the start in PvP and I liked them :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Man you just need to learn how to use them. I was using a few of the Legendary launchers at the start in PvP and I liked them :D

We don't all rock a 5.1 KDR in Trials Jonny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

We don't all rock a 5.1 KDR in Trials Jonny

My 5.92 in trials has been rectified :( but I still have screenshots so its all good :P

Ah the launchers just need practise to get used to in fairness. I had no RL and I put the fusion I was using into the vault (It was like a sniper rifle fusion) and cant remember which one it was so went with a launcher, a few games of experimenting were had and after a while I was killing the feckers all over the shop with it. I only used it for a few days before I got he raid RL. I might go back to launcher over the weekend and try a few of them how and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

We don't all rock a 5.1 KDR in Trials Jonny Nathan

Fixed!

Advertisement