Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a Espana - Stage 19 (8-Sep), Caso. Parque Natural de Redes - Gijon (149.7km)

Options

Comments

Oh now that looks bad for that Katusha rider :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dammit Bardet looks like he's gonna ruin it for us, unless Roche can make it back on on the descent!

2 pairs are working together this is going to be a great finish.

Here goes Bertie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Kelly tips Roche (if it comes down to the four of them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Inquitus wrote: »
    Here goes Bertie!

There are other riders apart from the 4 in front?? :eek:

And here goes our boy, going long!

7 to go and Nico trying to go

Oh no Jungles group isn't far off them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

caught with 4km to go and jungles and crew only 11 seconds back. could be a mass sprint and nico has probably burnt his matches going long :(

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    caught with 4km to go and jungles and crew only 11 seconds back. could be a mass sprint and nico has probably burnt his matches going long :(

Shame, gonna be a 10 man sprint it seems, and he is in the wind sadly!

Another dig from Nico

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Is it appropriate to shout "Go Nico!" in an office environment? (Asking for a friend...)

He made a bit of a mess of that one and ended up leading it out, fair play to De Gendt

last km nico, Navarro and de gent with jungles hunting them down. mon nico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Silly stuff from Nico imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

C'mon armchair pundits....he went cos of Jungels and Costa (who I am happy didnt win as didnt do any work) ....

Inquitus wrote: »
    He made a bit of a mess of that one and ended up leading it out, fair play to De Gendt

you would think he would learnt by now. did the same last year twice in abu dhabi and the tour of Yorkshire and got mugged both times and did the same thing when he managed to beat zubeldia last vuelta stage he won but was lucky to come out the right side of thte result that time.

he is lacking a big of race craft when it comes down to it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It was a good idea to have a dig with 7 km to go when it just Bardet, Costa and Garcia.

It was a bad idea to have a go with 1 km to go.

He should have stayed put once the Jungels group had caught them. De Gendt first and Pantano second. Nico definitely a better sprinter than them.

• Advertisement

Sorry for Nico but not unhappy about De Gendt taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

At least I have De Gendt in my Velogames team :pac:

Very happy for de Gendt ....if not Nico then he is my second favourite.....such a strong rider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Contador looking strong in the third week but this attacking for a few seconds can't do him any good if he wants the stage win tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

So- in a group of riders involving Thomas de Ghent Jarlinson Pantano and Ivan Garcia, would you bet on Nico Roche to beat them in a sprint? I probably would. A real chance gone today for him- actually thought it was Rui Costa to watch in the final but in the end Nico was disappointing- yes he wanted to try win by getting away but surely he should have backed himself against that game of non-sprinters?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

JK.BMC wrote: »
    So- in a group of riders involving Thomas de Ghent Jarlinson Pantano and Ivan Garcia, would you bet on Nico Roche to beat them in a sprint? I probably would. A real chance gone today for him- actually thought it was Rui Costa to watch in the final but in the end Nico was disappointing- yes he wanted to try win by getting away but surely he should have backed himself against that game of non-sprinters?

Sure wasn't nico abit of a sprinter in his early days

JK.BMC wrote: »

Its not so simple ...

Firstly he rode very hard up to that point he could have been too tired to sprint and I'd say he was afraid of Costa /Jungels in a sprint. I would not back him against them...

he wasnt to know how tired they were and in the end it was de Gendt ...who happens to be strong but not the best sprinter

Sprinting at this stage of the Vuelta is a different ball game

I think he made the mistake of going at 7KM ....could have left it for 2km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Nicolas Roche has been struggling with fatigue all Vuelta (and Tour)...

But I am sure he will try along with 150 guys to go in the break ...

This is interesting. He hardly raced at all before the tour, right? How has and is he suffering so much from tiredness or is it the oposite and from poor conditioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Very happy for de Gendt ....if not Nico then he is my second favourite.....such a strong rider

A very honest rider. Love watching him do his thing.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    This is interesting. He hardly raced at all before the tour, right? How has and is he suffering so much from tiredness or is it the oposite and from poor conditioning?

Was tired at Tour and Vuelta

New training programme at BMC may have been over loaded to get all top for Tour plus Roche lost loads of weight before Tour but it backfired as he said some days he had no energy at Tour

Raced all year with Porte before Tour (except Australia)

Advertisement