Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fionnuala McCormack Kilomarathon + 10k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Not doing it this year as have Charleville Half next week as a target race. Well worth a trip down to the Garden County for anybody interested- great prep for Dublin as mentioned.

Pacer details HERE

Some stalwarts of boards running pacing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Is it just me, or is it a bit weird calling a race after a currently active athlete in her early 30s?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it a bit weird calling a race after a currently active athlete in her early 30s?

Suppose it is. Just putting her name to the race as it is for a noble cause. What was more weird was no one handing out water at the "water stations", just cases of water on the ground at random locations. Very strange....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Chivito550 wrote: »

She is a patron of the wicklow hospice. Lending her support and name was a good way of raising profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Suppose it is. Just putting her name to the race as it is for a noble cause. What was more weird was no one handing out water at the "water stations", just cases of water on the ground at random locations. Very strange....

Yeah, no way was I even capable of bending down to grab a bottle without doing my back in or something. Luckily one nice steward had a few bottles in his hands on the 'way back'. Then I remembered the guy beforehand telling us not to litter, and I agonised for a few seconds, before deciding that there was no way I was holding onto a bottle for 7/8 miles, and tossed it. Sorry, Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

davedanon wrote: »
    Yeah, no way was I even capable of bending down to grab a bottle without doing my back in or something. Luckily one nice steward had a few bottles in his hands on the 'way back'. Then I remembered the guy beforehand telling us not to litter, and I agonised for a few seconds, before deciding that there was no way I was holding onto a bottle for 7/8 miles, and tossed it. Sorry, Wicklow.

Apology accepted :D.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Advertisement