Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experiences of wifi calling?

• 08-09-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experiences of WIFI calling?
    I am thinking of buying a phone and I want to see how successful it has been?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

kala85 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experiences of WIFI calling?
    I am thinking of buying a phone and I want to see how successful it has been?
    Yes - I use it all the time.  It works very well, as long as you have access to reliable WiFi, equivalent to eir-Fibre etc.  It supports HD Voice even when you are abroad, as long as you are on WiFi.  You don't normally get HD Voice when roaming internationally.  It is particularly useful when you are outside Euro-zone as it completely avoids roaming charges.  It also allows you to create your own coverage zones independent of the network.  The only time it is dodgy is if you are on congested public WiFi where there are too many users sharing the connection. It does a quality check to ensure the WiFi is good enough before giving you access. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Works absolutely fine for me, as long as you have solid WiFi.

The only time I've had an issue with it is where you're using it in the house and wander outside the WiFi coverage while on a call as it can't do a handover to the mobile network and will drop the call entirely.

Other than that it works extremely well and it also seems to dramatically improve your battery life of you're using it at home / in the office as the power output required for WiFi is much lower than cellular services.

Advertisement